Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Saturday Final: Louisiana 76, Little Rock 78

Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana 76, Little Rock 78

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    And if open, missed
    About 79% of the time!
    Difficult to win when your guards shoot 21% and yet lost by only 2 in OT.

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana 76, Little Rock 78

The game was lost on free throws, or lack of free throws. I’m not going to second guess the fairness of the calls for the most part, Bobby didn’t toss his coat so probably fair. Last night we were able to overcome because we out rebounded them. Tonight even.

There are a few reasons, but UALR attempting 18 more FTs than the Cajuns seems to be less than ideal.

Ok, who at the beginning of this week thought we’d have a chance to sweep LR?

Yeah, not happy we split the way we did. After last night’s light incident, I fully expected LR to crush us tonight. They didn’t. But they did a better job on Wilson and Russell tonight. Hence, we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Yeah, not happy we split the way we did. After last night’s light incident, I fully expected LR to crush us tonight. They didn’t. But they did a better job on Wilson and Russell tonight. Hence, we lost.
    We have more talent than all of these teams in the West division. It comes down to coaching and execution and we struggle in that area. Until Marlin hands the reigns to Harper at PG we will struggle mightily down the stretch in close games. Marlin loves to slow games down with about 5 min to go and we cant get into any good action with Russel or Au starting it. They cant get in the lane. We can't finish teams right now. We should be 4-0 in conference. Sweeping home series is the difference at the end of the year. He failed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Blame me for the loss yesterday. Following the Friday night win, I commented that we had done well in down to the wire games, winning four of them. Of course karma kicks us in the butt for me being silly enough to make that comment early in the conference season.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana 76, Little Rock 78

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Blame me for the loss yesterday. Following the Friday night win, I commented that we had done well in down to the wire games, winning four of them. Of course karma kicks us in the butt for me being silly enough to make that comment early in the conference season.
    Chemistry or not we need more talent on the floor. Kobe, and two more might have made up some issues from last night’s loss and TxSt. Unfortunately Bobby Big Fish always needs significantly more talent than his better counterpart. Maybe we can swap LilRock or MoanRow coaches for Marlin.

Default Re: Saturday Final: Louisiana 76, Little Rock 78

It was actually great watching LR run their offensive sets and get shots 10-15 feet from the basket ALL night. They didn't need to go crazy on 3 pointers because they were so efficient. Wish I saw us do more of that.

Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana vs Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Russell 5 turnovers and 1 assist.
    Please get the ball out of his hands. I'm not sure what the reasoning is to have Russell on the ball all the time but he's just not very good there.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana vs Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Please get the ball out of his hands. I'm not sure what the reasoning is to have Russell on the ball all the time but he's just not very good there.
    He’s not totally healthy. Hasn’t been for years. We’ve got nobody else at times.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It was actually great watching LR run their offensive sets and get shots 10-15 feet from the basket ALL night. They didn't need to go crazy on 3 pointers because they were so efficient. Wish I saw us do more of that.
    A true flex offense. It was beautiful

12. Default Re: Saturday Final: Louisiana 76, Little Rock 78

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    A true flex offense. It was beautiful
    You know better than dat. In fact our coaches prefer the occasional 3 to the many two point plays.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You know better than dat. In fact our coaches prefer the occasional 3 to the many two point plays.
    Was referring to Little Rock’s offense

14. Default Re: Saturday Final: Louisiana 76, Little Rock 78

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Was referring to Little Rock’s offense
    I know, but you’re never going to see it here as an offense the Cajuns might master.

Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana vs Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He’s not totally healthy. Hasn’t been for years. We’ve got nobody else at times.
    Wilson. Get the ball in his hands and you can run high pick and roll as well as dribble penetration game letting him kick it out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information