Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Friday Final: Louisiana 66, Little Rock 64

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 66, Little Rock 64

Makes us look so small time. Terrible terrible moment for whoever was working the lights. They probably lost their job tonight. That cannot happen.

Being security had to get between the LR coach and the officials, I have a feeling their coach will be receiving a call from Sleepy, but not the one he was hoping for.

Yeah, they got hosed. Marlin did what he has done since the Covid schedule, remove his guys from the court ASAP. Game is in the books.

Maybe LR will get mad and join the Southland...

You can win if perimeter shooting slightly off by playing good defense, rebounding well and doing better at line. We outrebounded Trojans by 10, had 7 blocks and made four more free throws than they did. Agree Richards had a great game. Quite encouraged by his potential. Note we have won four down to the wire games this year. At UNO, home against Tech, OT against Texas State, and tonight. Teams that consistently do that generally have good chemistry. Of course all the positive vibes from beating the defending champions and league favorite go away if they come out tomorrow with the same low energy they did last Saturday. Hopefully having Dou back prevents that. I know his turnovers and questionable shot selection at times frustrates fans. However the job he does on defense and glass are a positive. He even had three nice assists at times. That energy I mentioned earlier is something that rubs off on the other players causing everyone to play a little harder. That is not easy to recognize on TV or from stats. Still, we don’t win without fouling out their best player and we can’t count on that happening tomorrow afternoon. Maybe we will finally hit a few outside shots tomorrow. Has to happen sometime right?

Just got to finish watching. One thing I’ll add is loved the spark from Harper with the back to back baskets. He also had maybe the biggest play of the night with the hustle play going after his own rebound and drawing the 5th foul on Maric, even though it was a questionable foul call.

I do have to say I would have had no issue if they would have replayed the final 6 seconds. With the Sunbelt already releasing a statement saying it was mishandled, and the unique situation of having the same teams in the same arena tomorrow I know if I was Little Rock’s AD I would be exploring every avenue to get a continuation before tomorrow’s tip.

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Marlin and Jay Walker just said that it didn't affect the game & didn't matter much.
    Agreed. The ball handler was just waiting to get the last shot. Lights turned red around 9 seconds and back to normal before 6 seconds showed. He got the same shot he planned. Maybe he was a little surprised is all.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 66, Little Rock 64

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Just got to finish watching. One thing I’ll add is loved the spark from Harper with the back to back baskets. He also had maybe the biggest play of the night with the hustle play going after his own rebound and drawing the 5th foul on Maric, even though it was a questionable foul call.

I do have to say I would have had no issue if they would have replayed the final 6 seconds. With the Sunbelt already releasing a statement saying it was mishandled, and the unique situation of having the same teams in the same arena tomorrow I know if I was Little Rock’s AD I would be exploring every avenue to get a continuation before tomorrow’s tip.
    He never planned on starting to position before six seconds. He’s taking the last shot shot. Never changed how they planned to end the game a bit.

It definitely affected the game, maybe not the outcome. Doesn't mean anything can or should be done.

This is the deepest and most effective inside players we have had in a while. Rim protection, tough rebounding and finishing at the rim. The last has been a frustration of mine for years.

The game should have immediately been stopped when the red lights came on. And, no, you can't go back and replay it once the officials leave the floor.

And, I'm standing by what I said last night about it really not affecting anything. But the whistle should have been blown. That's on the guys in the stripes and I"m guessing there will be disciplinary action by the Supervisor of Officials. But, unlike when Karl was there, I'm sure no announcement to that affect will be made.

Has there been any statement from UL athletics or the Cajundome regarding how this happened, and any steps being taken to make sure it doesn't happen again?

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 66, Little Rock 64

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The game should have immediately been stopped when the red lights came on. And, no, you can't go back and replay it once the officials leave the floor.

And, I'm standing by what I said last night about it really not affecting anything. But the whistle should have been blown. That's on the guys in the stripes and I"m guessing there will be disciplinary action by the Supervisor of Officials. But, unlike when Karl was there, I'm sure no announcement to that affect will be made.
    Maybe Jay, but I’m not holding the zebras accountable for not immediately stopping play. The event was unprecedented, and less than two seconds. Often the mind can’t catch up with the reaction time.

Supposed his shot sinks as they’re stopping play. They replay and they missed. How’d that play out? They certainly could have stopped play, I just don’t think it occurred to them.

I stand by my observation. He’s just waiting to start his final shot attempt within 5 seconds.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 66, Little Rock 64

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Maybe Jay, but I’m not holding the zebras accountable for not immediately stopping play. The event was unprecedented, and less than two seconds. Often the mind can’t catch up with the reaction time.

Supposed his shot sinks as they’re stopping play. They replay and they missed. How’d that play out? They certainly could have stopped play, I just don’t think it occurred to them.

I stand by my observation. He’s just waiting to start his final shot attempt within 5 seconds.
    Got to review again. I was off about the time. But he’s definitely not trying to advance as the lights go out, snd he didn’t miss a beat in the red light, as he started his attempt to advance.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information