Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Billy Napier keeps passing up Power 5 jobs

Default Re: Why Billy Napier keeps passing up Power 5 jobs

Wow! We use to be a coaching graveyard not that long ago. I’m so glad I’ve lived to see this year and this coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Folks don't realize the Cajuns have never had a head coach leave UL for a better head coach job, football wise.
    Yep. Let’s keep it that way 😉

The fact that Dr. Maggard and Coach Napier have been allowed to set up and implement a system or "Journey" that is the vision of Coach Napier is critical. Every Coach worth his salt wants the opportunity set things up his way. You have to have great confidence in your system and no excuses if it does not work. Few coaches really get the opportunity to do that. Too many outside influences and interventions. I am not talking about just winning. Winning is the easy part. Most coaches do not have that clear vision of where a football program needs to be and are willing to make the sacrifices necessary to make it happen. If you can create a place where your experiment works, why jump around?

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    The fact that Dr. Maggard and Coach Napier have been allowed to set up and implement a system or "Journey" that is the vision of Coach Napier is critical. Every Coach worth his salt wants the opportunity set things up his way. You have to have great confidence in your system and no excuses if it does not work. Few coaches really get the opportunity to do that. Too many outside influences and interventions. I am not talking about just winning. Winning is the easy part. Most coaches do not have that clear vision of where a football program needs to be and are willing to make the sacrifices necessary to make it happen. If you can create a place where your experiment works, why jump around?
    Agree with all of that except winning is the easy part.
    Winning is always hard

I don't need to know why. I'm just thankful to have Billy Napier as my teams head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    I don't need to know why. I'm just thankful to have Billy Napier as my teams head coach.
    Agree!

7. Default Re: Why Billy Napier keeps passing up Power 5 jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    .....Great post ——right on the money——but it doesn’t all happen without TJoe.....I know we are speaking in the athletics/football part of the university, but all the other goals except Tier one seem to have been met or they are getting there! Can I hear STADIUM???

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Lots of butt hurt SC people commenting seemed to me.
    Yeah. And some of them got called out. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Great post ——right on the money——but it doesn’t all happen without TJoe.....I know we are speaking in the athletics/football part of the university, but all the other goals except Tier one seem to have been met or they are getting there! Can I hear STADIUM???
    Stadium? On its way.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    No kiddding

Yeah, I read some of the comments. No one wants to hear someone turned down their school. And, technically, they might be correct. But you don't have to be offered a job to turn a job down. That's what they don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    But you don't have to be offered a job to turn a job down. That's what they don't get.
    not sure i agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    not sure i agree with that.
    Okay...here's an example. There is an opening at school A. Coach is asked to interview. During the interview he has questions. Questions are not answered to his liking. He says thank you, but I am not a candidate. He turned the job down, even though he wasn't offered the job.

14. Default Re: Why Billy Napier keeps passing up Power 5 jobs

Okay...here's an example. There is an opening at school A. Coach is asked to interview. During the interview he has questions. Questions are not answered to his liking. He says thank you, but I am not a candidate. He turned the job down, even though he wasn't offered the job.
    Pretty sure I agree with that.

ahh, ok. if you clarify once the process has started, then yes i agree. and would even go further if he says no to the intvw. i just didnt want random people out of left field saying they turn jobs down the way i turned down manager of the chicago cubs back in 2002, lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information