Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final AP Poll Projections

Poll Final AP Poll Projections

Default Re: Final AP Poll Projections

Bs
    But I predict that is about right
    16-17 (behind CCU, where ever they land)

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    As with most of the rest of our games this year, we failed to win our bowl game with style. Plus as others have said, Coastal was going to be placed ahead of us. They lost on a last second play against another ranked team in addition to beating us head to head.

About what I would have predicted, except I expected Texas to jump us, not fracking Liberty.

5. Default Re: Final AP Poll Projections

Polls are supposed to be where you are now not where you were.

Louisiana's last second loss to Coastal is so last year. Not that it is discounted, but Coastal ended the season with a LOSS.

Louisiana with a WIN.

6. Default Re: Final AP Poll Projections

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Polls are supposed to be where you are now not where you were.

Louisiana's last second loss to Coastal is so last year. Not that it is discounted, but Coastal ended the season with a LOSS.

Louisiana with a WIN.
    ........What gives with 7 out of 25 are G5 schools? What do y’all think of this? Can it be that some G5’s are getting this good or is this a COVID year? We have seen this happen in baseball and basketball....is it the future in football?

Y’all upset now? Wait till we’re not ranked to start next year.

I’m not upset other than UNC being ahead of us. Even if a prediction.

Pray tell, who were we going to jump? 15 has been the ceiling during the season for the G-5s not named Cincinnati; even awhile for CCU. They kept winning and forced the issue. BYU is afforded some slack by the cabal since they got a championship in the last 40 years.

Fully expect not to be ranked next fall. Nobody is going to be stupid enough to not play from the get go. More P-5’s needed at the trough, not as much room for G-5s next year.

9. Default Re: Final AP Poll Projections

A couple of observations.

8 teams with 1 loss in top 25 - 6 are G5

Darlings of the CFP not hurt much by a loss - Cincinnati 2 spots, Florida 2 spots, NC no spots,

The game they went the wildest on was Coastal - Liberty. Coastal lost 7, Liberty gained 8. I warned about the Liberty thing and was told I was crazy (I may be crazy but it’s not for that)

12 to 15 really got us. Moving Liberty ahead of Coastal put them ahead of us. Florida lost for the 4th time and stayed in that gap. NC with 4 loses stayed in that gap. Liberty was granted too much of a bump and 4 loss teams should just not be ahead of 1 loss teams especially when one of them has a win against 9 who should be ahead of Cincinnati at 8.

If this is how it turns out, we again got no favors for our good win and will have been severely penalized for a 3 point loss. Liberty’s loss was to 20, ours was to 16.

Our best case scenario would have been the following: Liberty to 19 right under OK ST, COASTAL to right below us because they refused to play in Championship game and lost their bowl game and NC and Florida right below us and Coastal for having 4 losses. That would have moved us to 13.

I too rooted for CCU over Liberty because it would have helped UL. but see where “rooting” got me (see silver linings playbook).
    With that said, this is still a PREDICTION.
    We shall see what finally plays out. If we make it to 15, I will be stunned.

This is glorious. We're b**ching about our projected year end ranking. Definite sign of success. Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    This is glorious. We're b**ching about our projected year end ranking. Definite sign of success. Carry on!
    Exactly. I know we're going to be in the Top 25 for the final polls, and that's good enough for me. Never thought we'd see this.

App finished 18 and 19 in the polls last year and were not ranked in either preseason poll this year. I have a feeling we will finish around 17/18 in all the polls and then have receiving votes to start next season. Then again they might want a top 25 matchup to start the year against Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    That would be higher that I would have thought

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    App finished 18 and 19 in the polls last year and were not ranked in either preseason poll this year. I have a feeling we will finish around 17/18 in all the polls and then have receiving votes to start next season. Then again they might want a top 25 matchup to start the year against Texas.
    Who is "they?" Do you really think the sportswriters or coaches assistants give a darn as to whether or not a game is beween Top 25 teams or not? ESPN undoubtedly cares, but they have no control of the myriad sportswriters or coaches assistants who do the rankings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information