Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 4 Years Ago. Arizona State OC Billy Napier was ‘____ed' he didn't get Alabama OC jo

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 4 Years Ago. Arizona State OC Billy Napier was ‘____ed' he didn't get Alabama OC jo

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Tracking a Fed Ex cargo jet from Lafayette to TuscaloosaSomething to do with an elephant

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
    Then we tried to remove the tusks. The tusks. That's not so easy to say. Tusks.
    You try it some time. As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them.
    Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about"
    Ok wait? The elephant was in your pants? WHERE were his tusks imbedded? Hmmmm, maybe you shouldnt be so Loosa.

Thats my contribution for the day. Happy New Year, Hope you all are well.

Z

2. Default Re: 4 Years Ago. Arizona State OC Billy Napier was ‘____ed' he didn't get Alabama OC jo

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Then you're saying he's one of the Top 2 or 3 players in NFL history.
    I just heard Brian Mitchell's name.

Default Re: 4 Years Ago. Arizona State OC Billy Napier was ‘____ed' he didn't get Alabama OC jo

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Thanks for the info. And, I tend to agree about Brady. There was always a question as to whether Brady made Belichick or vice versa. The argument could be made that Belichick was not Belichick before he had Brady. on the other hand, Brady wasn't considered that much before Belichick. However, based on this year, it appears we are getting closer to the answer.
    True, but you can say the same about so many accomplished athletes/coaches. Is Saban really one of the greatests, or does his top recruiting class going on something like 10 years make him so great? Brady or Bellichek? Jordan/Kobe or Phil Jackson? Brees or Sean Peyton? Staubach or Tom Landry? Lawrence Taylor or Bill Parcels/Bill Bellichek? Montana or Walsh?

I think each benefits from the other, and those who end up being at the top of their games usually know how to recognize and understand when there is a player/coach at their disposal to give them that extra push over the top.

4. Default Re: 4 Years Ago. Arizona State OC Billy Napier was ‘____ed' he didn't get Alabama OC jo

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Thanks for the info. And, I tend to agree about Brady. There was always a question as to whether Brady made Belichick or vice versa. The argument could be made that Belichick was not Belichick before he had Brady. on the other hand, Brady wasn't considered that much before Belichick. However, based on this year, it appears we are getting closer to the answer.
    Brady wasn’t anything other than a mid level draftee. He started after Bledso got injured and never looked back.

Brady currently has some of the best wide receivers in history and an all world tight end. He’s not without a lot of great support. He’s also been in the presence of greatness at New England.

Bottom line he gets his glory but he’s had always had more weapons than others. That’s not a knock on him just acknowledging Moss, Gronk, along with Cooks to name a few in New England

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I know this is a hill you enjoy dying on, but while Brian Mitchell is definitely one of the best return men in NFL history, he is not a clear #1. In fact, there's much debate to be had I'm sure as to who the Top 3 or 5 would be, and with what criteria to use (example, Deion Sanders was not a full-time return guy, but possibly still Top 3-5 greatest PR guys in NFL history).

True, but you can say the same about so many accomplished athletes/coaches. Is Saban really one of the greatests, or does his top recruiting class going on something like 10 years make him so great? Brady or Bellichek? Jordan/Kobe or Phil Jackson? Brees or Sean Peyton? Staubach or Tom Landry? Lawrence Taylor or Bill Parcels/Bill Bellichek? Montana or Walsh?

I think each benefits from the other, and those who end up being at the top of their games usually know how to recognize and understand when there is a player/coach at their disposal to give them that extra push over the top.
    Absolutely And, that was my point, though evidently not well made. Certainly, Brady and Bellichek profited from each other. However, it appears, at least after one season, that Brady was able to function much better without Bellicek than vice versa.

As far as Saban, there are many attributes required to being a good or great head coach. And, knowledge of the game is just one, and, I would argue, not even the most important. That he is such a great recruiter is part and parcel of his beign a great college head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Ok wait? The elephant was in your pants? WHERE were his tusks imbedded? Hmmmm, maybe you shouldnt be so Loosa.

Thats my contribution for the day. Happy New Year, Hope you all are well.

Z
    Marx Brothers sample.Animal Crackers.

Yes, but I'm talking about that trait for Greatest of All Time at their professions. I know Saints fans love Drew Brees, but he's not the Rice/Saban/Jordan level of greatness.
    yet when saban’s resources were constrained and he didnt get first dibs on every single player he wanted he struggled. three pieces (at least) to being a head coach: coaching, recruiting, overall program(i.e. finances, facilities,staff, etc). would be interesting if there was a way to grade the different aspects separately, obviously there isnt though.

and not as much jordan, but slightly and rice and brees were certainly late bloomers or under appreciated initially? what changed as they moved up and how does that rate against someone who was on top at every step along the way coming up, i.e. lebron james, magic johnson, barry bonds,

i fail to see how napier would move up past these so called “low paid analysts”, that saban uses to wait there turn before a legal coaching slot opens. also if i was ____ed about someone not choosing me, im not sure id want to give them another chance

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    bump

bump

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Brady wasn’t anything other than a mid level draftee. He started after Bledso got injured and never looked back.

Brady currently has some of the best wide receivers in history and an all world tight end. He’s not without a lot of great support. He’s also been in the presence of greatness at New England.

Bottom line he gets his glory but he’s had always had more weapons than others. That’s not a knock on him just acknowledging Moss, Gronk, along with Cooks to name a few in New England
    also didnt covid prevent pre season practices, so bilicheck couldnt get his new guys totally up to speed, while there were rumors that brady was practicing with his new folks in violation of the covid protocols?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Tracking a Fed Ex cargo jet from Lafayette to TuscaloosaSomething to do with an elephant

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
    Then we tried to remove the tusks. The tusks. That's not so easy to say. Tusks.
    You try it some time. As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them.
    Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about"
    You channeling your inner 31Ragin97?

14. Default Re: 4 Years Ago. Arizona State OC Billy Napier was ‘____ed' he didn't get Alabama OC jo

New England offense was weakening last year. That’s because they were clearly lacking some of the weapons of the past. Fig Newton isn’t a particularly accurate passer. His legs aren’t what they were coming from Auburn. So nothing to do with practicing legally or otherwise. Talent is talent. Brady surrounded with great receivers, and New England not nearly so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You channeling your inner 31Ragin97?
    My inner Groucho.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information