Thread: MBB Final: G2 Louisiana 59, Texas St. 71

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Texas St. G2

FG%

Louisiana 35%
    Texas St. 60%

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Texas St. G2

Louisiana averaged less than 1 bucket every 2 minutes

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 59, Texas St. 71

16 turnovers and 18 made FGs. Just hate the way we turn the ball over. Never seen so many moving screens in my life.

4. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 59, Texas St. 71

Again the Polecats had their two best 3 point days vs Big Fish Marlin defense. Wasn’t that supposed to be what he focused on this year? Ask me again why we extended this guys contract? That’s on Maggard. We could have gracefully allowed this to end. Instead it’s like Groundhog Day. Always the same

____ poor coaching by Bob Marlin. We have no half court offense, it hurts to try and watch us run any type of set. No point guard and that falls on coach not recruiting one. Marcus Stroman aint walking thru that door. If teams keep us out of transition, we will be below average sun belt team.

I would have thought that with the way we shoot the 3 (poorly) we would want to utilize a lineup that has two bigs in at the same time to really load up on the block and score from inside. Tx State was smaller than we were and its not like we have a matchup advantage having more guards out there. We got outrebounded which I was a little surprised about and just think we need to go bigger.

Tx State was more disciplined in their offense and they got themselves a LOT of open looks. Note to Bob Marlin: You don't need to put up more 3's to win. Efficiency wins out everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would have thought that with the way we shoot the 3 (poorly) we would want to utilize a lineup that has two bigs in at the same time to really load up on the block and score from inside. Tx State was smaller than we were and its not like we have a matchup advantage having more guards out there. We got outrebounded which I was a little surprised about and just think we need to go bigger.

Tx State was more disciplined in their offense and they got themselves a LOT of open looks. Note to Bob Marlin: You don't need to put up more 3's to win. Efficiency wins out everytime.
    Actually thought the opposite, thought we should have gone 4 guards around Awkuba and run run run run. We got out rebounded because Texas State didn't miss any shots in the second half. 8 assists on our only 18 baskets tells you everything about this game.

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 59, Texas St. 71

My understanding is that we’ve been short some basketball coaches Wuhan related. Maybe partly Bobby Big Fish Marlin is a victim of the CCP like everyone else. Shame on us if we buy anything China makes unless it’s vital and not available anywhere else in the world. I know we’re supposed to forgive, but it’s hard while the enemy is twisting the knife in your stomach.

Blame this one on me if you want as I made the drive over for the game today. I usually only make 1 or 2 games at the dome per year and I seem to be bad luck as the Cajuns haven’t pulled out too many wins when I’m in the house of the past few years.

Anyway I agree on the holes in the defense as at times they played pretty good on ball defense but TX st was able to find a open shot or alley oop late in the shot clock. That could be partially because of guys playing out of position with Dou out as there were 4 guards on the court a lot. As sloppy as things were it was still a close game up until Akuwba picked up his 3rd foul and went to the bench about midway through the 2nd half. As good as Richards had been as a freshman, he was exposed as the only big alongside 4 guards and that’s when the defense really seemed to break down. I know during that stretch too both Wilson and Harper had shots that seemed to go all the way in and back out so that was bad timing for that. Butts is just a streaky shooter and as good as he was last night putting up 22 points going 0-7 from the field tonight hurt as nobody else was able to pick up the slack. I think we all know that Russell has the foot problem that lingers. It will be interesting to see how he looks in the 2nd day of these conference weekends as he did appear to be a tick slower today.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    ____ poor coaching by Bob Marlin. We have no half court offense, it hurts to try and watch us run any type of set. No point guard and that falls on coach not recruiting one. Marcus Stroman aint walking thru that door. If teams keep us out of transition, we will be below average sun belt team.
    This is the worst shooting Cajun team I have ever witnessed. The lack of offensive sets and movement in the half court just exacerbates everything. It is terrible to watch. And let me be clear, this has nothing to do with the kids. They bust their butt and fight every game till the final horn sounds. This team is best when working the ball around the perimeter and making the extra pass or when actually using a shot fake from 22’ out and driving the ball to the goal. THAT is on coaching.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Texas St. G2

When the opponent is shooting "LIGHTS OUT" it is often because you let them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information