Thread: Shame on Sun Belt for being so unfair to UL women's program

1. UL Basketball Shame on Sun Belt for being so unfair to UL women's program

The UL women’s basketball program prepares to open Sun Belt Conference play on the road this weekend with a pair of 4 p.m. games at Texas State on Friday and Saturday.

On the surface, that’s no big deal. College basketball teams across America are traveling to open league play to open the new year.

Default Re: Shame on Sun Belt for being so unfair to UL women's program

Yeah, and some fans from other belt teams and other conferences think we just whine for no reason. Shame.

3. Default Re: Shame on Sun Belt for being so unfair to UL women's program

The question was never answered! Isn’t it Maggard and Brodhead responsibility to seek answers and equal treatment, or at least an intellectually honest answer. Don’t play the victim, stand up to unfair treatment. Make the conference answer for so many years of negative treatment.

So ..... how does the home stretch look? Do we finish with a home heavy schedule? Are our home and away conference schedules balanced? If the last two answers are "Yes", then we really have nothing to complain about. Personally, if given a choice, I would prefer more home games late in the season.

5. Default Re: Shame on Sun Belt for being so unfair to UL women's program

VO we only play conference games. So if we’re road loaded up front we’re going to be home heavy back end.

The conference doesn’t want the men and women home on the same day so that may be part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    So ..... how does the home stretch look? Do we finish with a home heavy schedule? Are our home and away conference schedules balanced? If the last two answers are "Yes", then we really have nothing to complain about. Personally, if given a choice, I would prefer more home games late in the season.
    I don't know that there's a right answer in that regard. I like the idea of home games down the stretch...but I love the idea of getting off to a good start in conference play to raise the confidence of the players. I guess I'm saying I want all home games LOL.

I think I like front loaded better though.

7. Default Re: Shame on Sun Belt for being so unfair to UL women's program

Eight years in a row is wrong no matter which loaded end is the preference

8. Default Re: Shame on Sun Belt for being so unfair to UL women's program

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Eight years in a row is wrong no matter which loaded end is the preference
    They’d say what? How curious for that to happen?

Infuriating that this has been allowed to happen for so long, and that there is no answer from the conference. It's so patently unfair, and it's either intentional or gross incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I don't know that there's a right answer in that regard. I like the idea of home games down the stretch...but I love the idea of getting off to a good start in conference play to raise the confidence of the players. I guess I'm saying I want all home games LOL.

I think I like front loaded better though.
    Jay, this reminds me of one of my favorite Sparky Anderson quotes: You can't win the division in May, but you sure as hell can lose it.

This is the title ix issue he wants to finally investigate in the state? Wowzer. P.s. (not that it matters i suppose...) but doesnt UL have a greater # of female students than male?

Thread Information