Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

1. UL Football Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

The Ragin’ Cajuns are just getting started.

With Saturday’s 31-24 victory over UTSA in the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl in Dallas, the University of Louisiana football team wrapped up its second straight double-digit win season.

2. Default Re: Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

Good article by Mr. Partsch

Pretty comprehensive.

Default Re: Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

That article gave me chills. The game against Texas will send the Cajuns to another level if they win it, but playing in a full stadium is a different story.

4. Default Re: Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

Color me dense, but it had not even entered my mind that Louisiana will probably "start" next season ranked.

Wow!

Default Re: Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

That was a good article, I enjoyed reading it, nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Color me dense, but it had not even entered my mind that Louisiana will probably "start" next season ranked.

Wow!
    Let's hope so....cuz that's how you move up the ladder by starting out ranked. Texas looked pretty darn good last night. It will be a hell of a litmus test to see how we stack up against one of, if not, the richest teams in the NCAA.

7. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

Show up in Austin, stay in 5 star hotel. Beat the Longhorns, collect your million dollars , watch for top 20 ranking Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Show up in Austin, stay in 5 star hotel. Beat the Longhorns, collect your million dollars , watch for top 20 ranking Sunday.
    Wrong...not Top 20, Top 10...UL will open season ranked in Top 15.

9. Default Re: Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

I believe you underestimate the P5 bias. Hope you’re right.

10. Default Re: Bright points, some questions for Cajuns after another 10-win season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I believe you underestimate the P5 bias. Hope you’re right.
    ......Well I wonder where all the top G5’s will be placed.....BYU, CINN, COST CAROLINA, APPY, AND OF COURSE THE Cajuns!

We have essentially never gotten attention from the daily Iberian...ever. But this was one of the best articles from a local paper about UL that I’ve ever read!!

I will say there’s no way we open the season ranked next year. P5 and maybe Cincinnati will take all the spots. There’s a lot of programs that weren’t herd from much this year. The talking heads and media can’t wait to jump back on them. Matter of fact, next year could be the worst p5 bias yet because they all need to makeup for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I will say there’s no way we open the season ranked next year. P5 and maybe Cincinnati will take all the spots. There’s a lot of programs that weren’t herd from much this year. The talking heads and media can’t wait to jump back on them. Matter of fact, next year could be the worst p5 bias yet because they all need to makeup for this season.
    So much truth here. Our media will be pretending 2020 g5 wins over p5 don't count because of covid or something else stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I think we'll be just inside the Top 25. We won't start the season Top 20. As of 12/20/20, we're listed at 16 in the AP Top 25 (using this as CFP Rankings don't start till midway). I believe for the 2021 AP Preseason rankings, Texas, USC, Iowa and Oregon who are behind us in that poll will start out ranked ahead of us. That drops us down to 20.

Then you have P5s NC State, OK State, Washington and LSU (they will be better than .500 next year, and the pollsters are betting on it), along with Liberty (they may very well jump us after their Coastal win) and Memphis.

I THINK we'll start out in the Top 25 Preseason, but I'd bet it'll be in the 23-25 range, and possibly as low as 28 if not in Top 25. A win in Austin (lets say by 6-8 points) would likely jump us in the 17-20 range.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'll take that bet although it is one that I'd be happy to lose.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information