Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The Athletic Depart has said there is a huge “ask” out there. One has to believe it’s a good chance this may be the candidate.
    Thanks, did not know that. We can only hope this works out. Could only be a win-win for UL and the Tabasco family.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Thanks, did not know that. We can only hope this works out. Could only be a win-win for UL and the Tabasco family.
    Could being the operative word. It is our responsibility to show them the value proposition. I'm a lousy salesman, so I'm not sure what that looks like. Hopefully, we have the right person doing the asking.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I’ve always thought it’s crazy we don’t have more support from the Tabasco people. I mean they are worth billions, surely they could spare a few million to buy these rights. Not to mention it would be a perfect tie in with their product(s).
    The head guy (can't recall his title) is a UL grad .https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.559567c85.html
    It wouldn't surprise me if it were another company, however. It makes total sense if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The head guy (can't recall his title) is a UL grad .https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.559567c85.html
    It wouldn't surprise me if it were another company, however. It makes total sense if it's the one I'm thinking of.
    I'll take the money for however much and any legal way we can do it. However, I would be very surprised if naming rights brought in even $2million over a ten year period. I'll take whatever we can get, but this alone will not even come close to getting it done.

5. Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I'll take the money for however much and any legal way we can do it. However, I would be very surprised if naming rights brought in even $2million over a ten year period. I'll take whatever we can get, but this alone will not even come close to getting it done.
    The analysis probably should be the reverse. You are probably correct that the naming rights may not be able to be sold for enough to seed getting it done but if we find the investor that will write enough of a check to be the seed to get it done, they will get the naming rights - Russo as an example.

The analysis probably should be the reverse. You are probably correct that the naming rights may not be able to be sold for enough to seed getting it done but if we find the investor that will write enough of a check to be the seed to get it done, they will get the naming rights - Russo as an example.
    That makes sense.

The Athletic Depart has said there is a huge “ask” out there. One has to believe it’s a good chance this may be the candidate.
    No idea why this would be the large "ask" that MAY be out there. People have talked about Tabasco becoming a supporter for years and nothing has come of it. I seem to recall they are more LSU supporters than Cajun supporters.

8. Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    No idea why this would be the large "ask" that MAY be out there. People have talked about Tabasco becoming a supporter for years and nothing has come of it. I seem to recall they are more LSU supporters than Cajun supporters.
    There are few companies/families in this community that have the _____ to write the type of check that is needed to seed the project. It is believed that this is one of them.

Maggard has been miraculous in his ability to tap into one money tree or another in his tenure as AD. If there is anyone who could tap into this one, it would be him.

And yes, it has been written on these boards that this company may be more interested in purple and gold than vermilion and white. Not sure if that is a fact or not, but do believe that this is one of the few out there that is a candidate to write the size of check talked about.

And when you think about it, what’s more Cajun than hot sauce, hot sauce made right here in Cajun country, the Hot Sauce that could knock the socks off the plan to get a new stadium.

Hey, it’s probably a very long shot, but I’m quite sure that whatever “ask” is out there is a very long shot. Why not this one?

There are few companies/families in this community that have the _____ to write the type of check that is needed to seed the project. It is believed that this is one of them.

Maggard has been miraculous in his ability to tap into one money tree or another in his tenure as AD. If there is anyone who could tap into this one, it would be him.

And yes, it has been written on these boards that this company may be more interested in purple and gold than vermilion and white. Not sure if that is a fact or not, but do believe that this is one of the few out there that is a candidate to write the size of check talked about.

And when you think about it, what’s more Cajun than hot sauce, hot sauce made right here in Cajun country, the Hot Sauce that could knock the socks off the plan to get a new stadium.

Hey, it’s probably a very long shot, but I’m quite sure that whatever “ask” is out there is a very long shot. Why not this one?
    Just don’t have a good feeling about this being the one. They’ve had opportunities to do it in the past. I’m thinking maybe someone in the health care field. Lots more new money there.

10. Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Just don’t have a good feeling about this being the one. They’ve had opportunities to do it in the past. I’m thinking maybe someone in the health care field. Lots more new money there.
    I certainly can’t disagree with you there. I don’t believe it is them either but they are one who can.

If it were up to me to pitch, there is a growing business in Acadia Parish that would be at the top of the list. Makes product that has multiple connections to athletics and fan participation.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If it were up to me to pitch, there is a growing business in Acadia Parish that would be at the top of the list. Makes product that has multiple connections to athletics and fan participation.
    And who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Also lawyers in general. Everyone is taking everyone to court these days. Most of these guys give me a slim ball kind of feelings when I am around them. Kinda of like some umpires. Lol

14. Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

McIlhenny and Tabasco love a little nostalgia.

About 80 years ago, back when the McIlhenny Company's entrepreneurial spirit was experiencing one of its waves, McIlhenny Co. landscaped the University of Louisiana Campus.

Part of their focus was to make UL a must see destination on the Camellia and Azalea Trails.

There is still evidence of their efforts on campus.

Louisiana needs to tap into their shared history. This use to be their campus.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    And who is that?
    I learned a long time ago not to give away my leadsbut, if they (UL RCAF) aren't on this company with the publicity they've been receiving for their product, don't blame me. All one has to do is pay attention

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information