Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

1. Support Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Beginning with the 2019-20 athletic year, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Department of Athletics has monitored its many advancements and successes in coordination with its strategic plan, which was unveiled by Director of Athletics Bryan Maggard in October 2019.

Of the nine specific goals and 27 measurable objectives within the "Let's Geaux" strategic plan, Maggard and the Ragin' Cajuns are proud to announce that 15 objectives have been met already as the department turns the page into the 2021 calendar year.

"We can all certainly agree that 2020 has been a tremendously unique and challenging year, not just for our department, but for everyone in our community and across the country," said Maggard. "With that said, I am extremely proud of our coaches, student-athletes and staff for staying committed to academic and competitive excellence, while maintaining a focus on the health and safety of themselves and others."

The plan's three main priorities of student-athlete experience, fiscal and facility management and cULture have all received considerable time and effort. The department is monitoring ongoing progress in the completion of five more specific goals, with just an additional seven final goals yet to be met.

"Our strategic plan has given our department the ability to track and measure our progress on reaching the many goals we set for ourselves back in the fall of 2019," said Maggard. "One emphasis we have as a department is to provide updates to our fans and the general public as both a means of transparency and way to help Cajun Nation stay connected with our achievements. We look forward to continuing our positive momentum into the 2021 calendar year and our winter and spring sports seasons."

An updated chart following the three strategic priorities and their associated goals can be found here.

Fans and supporters of the Ragin' Cajuns are encouraged to Commit to the #cULture by contributing to a new crowdfunding initiative currently underway for the Department of Athletics and the RCAF QB Club. All donors who give $5 or more will receive a window decal and $500 or more will receive a Ragin' Cajuns flag to represent the #cULture across the globe. Click here for more information.

Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

This is a good read. Click the link.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    This is a good read. Click the link.
    The only problem I have is them not showing where we actually are in funding for the new stadium improvements it seems that is the one thing they don’t want to be transparent about I will donate some more to RCAF but they need to get out to the public about the funds they need to improve the stadium not just a the benchMark goal. We need to know where we truly are at to get it done and to get Acadiana behind to help them.

UL Football Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

I agree the RCAF needs to be more transparent with its members by sharing facts, statistics, and vision for the future of Louisiana Athletics. It seems to be a watered down version of its former self since going under the athletic department. The monthly newsletters are useless information I could get on the website. I expect total new donors and financial goals and amounts. Spotlight how the money is being spent. I will admit they are doing better the last few weeks by public fundraising and continuing to respond well to it’s members desires.

If the RCAF & athletic department sold their vision for a renovated Cajun Field and athletics quad, I believe Cajun Nation would get behind it. It’s up to everyone including the RCAF staff to make this happen. Cajun Field renovation is critical to the success of our university, city, and state. Let’s geaux get it done!

I agree. The previous AD missed the mark on the renovations. We also didn't capture $$$ during the excitement of Coach Hud's early years.

COVID and Coach Napier's success has given our administration another shot at the stadium renovation.

Moving forward from COVID, the best 30K seat stadium money could buy would meet our needs no matter what happens to the P5/G5/ NCAA relationship in the future.

I would be first in line for club level seating.

6. Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

I’m pretty sure U don’t show failure. The money for the renovation isn’t close to being there. They’re not about to pull another Farmer debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m pretty sure U don’t show failure. The money for the renovation isn’t close to being there. They’re not about to pull another Farmer debacle.
    This. The worst thing you can do is talk about money raised. People look at how far you need to do and throw their hands up in the air. When you're close to the goal, you talk about it. Til then you work hard, but silently.

Fine, then what is T-Joe doing to make this happen? He is responsible for increasing our value. Cajun Field is a black eye to our beautiful campus. It’s time for our leaders to invest in athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Fine, then what is T-Joe doing to make this happen? He is responsible for increasing our value. Cajun Field is a black eye to our beautiful campus. It’s time for our leaders to invest in athletics.
    I’ll disagree to a point. We need to look around and see the people that need to step up. We all need to take responsibility for what Cajun Field has become. And that includes all of us UL fans.

I don't know about funding, but my sons company he is a Civil Engineer, he will have taken I think it's called core samples around Cajun Field. Checking to see what the ground will support I am guessing.

Now that Amazon Fulfillment Center is coming to Lafayette Parish. How about the Amazon Stadium at Cajun Field? Amazon could buy the naming right to our football stadium.

12. Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Fulfillment Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Now that Amazon Fulfillment Center is coming to Lafayette Parish. How about the Amazon Stadium at Cajun Field? Amazon could buy the naming right to our football stadium.
    I’ve always thought it’s crazy we don’t have more support from the Tabasco people. I mean they are worth billions, surely they could spare a few million to buy these rights. Not to mention it would be a perfect tie in with their product(s).

14. Default Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I’ve always thought it’s crazy we don’t have more support from the Tabasco people. I mean they are worth billions, surely they could spare a few million to buy these rights. Not to mention it would be a perfect tie in with their product(s).
    The Athletic Depart has said there is a huge “ask” out there. One has to believe it’s a good chance this may be the candidate.

15. UL Football Re: Let's GEAUX: Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Is it the best business decision? Not nearly. It’s still a family business, and cash is important for many not directly employed in the business. The same money could be spent on much greater opportunities to build the brand.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information