Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: QB 2021

Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Are you that naive? Brian Mitchell and Jake Delhomme will never, I repeat never (say it again) publicly talk anything but positives about a current starting QB at UL. Of course they say that. duh?
    Well, I know both Jake and BMitch and have talked with them privately. They love Levi.

Are you that naive? Brian Mitchell and Jake Delhomme will never, I repeat never (say it again) publicly talk anything but positives about a current starting QB at UL. Of course they say that. duh?
    I’m not talking radio interview, plenty of people know Jake personally around here...ask him. Mitchell’s number is retired and he let Levi wear it that says a lot. I guess the people who vote on the Davey O’Brien can’t see what you see QB guru, or they don’t think this is fantasy football.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Well, I know both Jake and BMitch and have talked with them privately. They love Levi.
    I would be shocked if they didn't say that.

This team is an awesome 21-4 in the past two years. (a Team stat)

Therefore, we don't need any position to improve. (the logic of many)

Again, the team wins/losses have no direct relation to the individual position. Many want it too when it's convenient to try and support their argument.

Our FG kicking game is great, because we are 21-4. No improvement needed, right?
    Have you seen our FG kicking game?

Just for clarity on my position (play on words there), I have not seen a better QB on our team than Levi. It's Coach Napier's (who I completely want as our coach) responsibility to get one and it's going on year 4 and we don't have any QB competition. That's my whole point when posting about the QB position.
    LOL. Good lord. You don't win games and conferences on FG kicking and you know that. The QB position is the one position that has the biggest correlation to play and wins or losses which is why they get the most criticism (see this thread) or the most glory.

However, I'm curious about your "position" on this issue. Because I've read threads where you suggest LL is not a good QB and lacks in many areas but yet you are saying that you also agree that there is not a better one on the current roster? Are you saying that Napier has not fulfilled his responsibility to put a better QB in there or what?

Actually, most of the long passes were underthrown (no improvement over last year). Many of the short passes were behind the receiver. Sometimes people (posters) just can't see what's in front of them. Yes, before someone comes blasting in, some were complete too (the short variety).
    So when you are throwing a pass 45 yards downfield, do you not feel that many of those passes will need some sort of adjustment by the receiver? Again, I watch NFL QB's miss on deep balls all the time. I do agree that LL needs to improve in that aspect but I'm saying that the youth at WR this year led to a good number of those misses. Good receivers can bail out poor throws.

Again, on the shorter routes, they aren't always going to be on the money but I saw many of those hit the receivers in the hands and were pure drops. You can't rely on a QB to put the ball on the money every single time. And you are right, people don't see what's in front of them. There was one game you guys were tearing him apart and he made what I thought was a great play and you guys actually dogged him. He had to move out to his left, pump fake the throw and then side arm it because of the DL that had his hands in the passing lane. He threw it slightly behind the WR because of that small delay but they made the catch and throw and yall still talked about how inaccurate he is. Talk about not seeing what is in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    LOL. Good lord. You don't win games and conferences on FG kicking and you know that. The QB position is the one position that has the biggest correlation to play and wins or losses which is why they get the most criticism (see this thread) or the most glory.

However, I'm curious about your "position" on this issue. Because I've read threads where you suggest LL is not a good QB and lacks in many areas but yet you are saying that you also agree that there is not a better one on the current roster? Are you saying that Napier has not fulfilled his responsibility to put a better QB in there or what?
    I know the QB is a more important role, I was making a point. The team record being 21-4 is not a valid argument that the QB position can't be improved upon. I think Levi is good, at times. I think he is bad at times. That correlates to average. That doesn't mean I said he is terrible or not good, so later on, down the thread, please don't accuse me of doing so.
    Yes, I believe going into year 4, Napier should have on the team at least one and probably more than one that is capable of being just as good if not better than Levi at this point.
    Have you seen our backups play? It was a small sample size, but it wasn't pretty. Napier, being a QB in college, should be able to attract and recruit an above average QB. I think we are lacking in this area, that is my opinion. And again, I do like Napier.

Can we just agree that 99% of Cajun Nation love Levi and are proud to have him as our QB and the other 1% just like to start chit on message boards!
    But the only opinion that matters is what Billy Napier thinks, and we know what he thinks.

I know the QB is a more important role, I was making a point. The team record being 21-4 is not a valid argument that the QB position can't be improved upon. I think Levi is good, at times. I think he is bad at times. That correlates to average. That doesn't mean I said he is terrible or not good, so later on, down the thread, please don't accuse me of doing so.
    Yes, I believe going into year 4, Napier should have on the team at least one and probably more than one that is capable of being just as good if not better than Levi at this point.
    Have you seen our backups play? It was a small sample size, but it wasn't pretty. Napier, being a QB in college, should be able to attract and recruit an above average QB. I think we are lacking in this area, that is my opinion. And again, I do like Napier.
    I would not disagree with you on the depth of the position. I've just seen people suggest we need to "open" the competition at the QB position suggesting that a better option may be there behind him. I have full confidence in LL for next year and with our receivers getting valuable experience this year, I think they will be very productive next year allowing him to have a better year. I think you should always build for depth, especially at the QB position. The problem there is that its the one position where guys get impatient about waiting and want to play. That's why we've seen two guys already transfer out over the past year or so. You are right, that position is of of concern for the future but not because LL is our starter but finding the successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Can we just agree that 99% of Cajun Nation love Levi and are proud to have him as our QB and the other 1% just like to start chit on message boards!
    But the only opinion that matters is what Billy Napier thinks, and we know what he thinks.
    I can agree that you have your opinion and I have mine, and this being a message board, it's what it's for. It's not for you to post something, and everyone have to agree with you.

Absolutely unbelievable. Last year, when we went 10-2 and finished 11-3 just outside of ranking; I was elated as a Cajuns fan. This year, we go 10-1 with a share of the Conference title, 3rd division championship in row; and nationally ranked with a chance to end the season in the top 15 and SOME of you are gonna still complain??? Y’all are like married women who have a great life and still find things to B!+€H about!! Get on with it man. We have a great future of Football ahead...some great recruits coming in. The Volleyball team was ranked this year. Basketball is doing it’s job; baseball and softball are around the corner. Geaux Cajuns and shut the hell up...

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Absolutely unbelievable. Last year, when we went 10-2 and finished 11-3 just outside of ranking; I was elated as a Cajuns fan. This year, we go 10-1 with a share of the Conference title, 3rd division championship in row; and nationally ranked with a chance to end the season in the top 15 and SOME of you are gonna still complain??? Y’all are like married women who have a great life and still find things to B!+€H about!! Get on with it man. We have a great future of Football ahead...some great recruits coming in. The Volleyball team was ranked this year. Basketball is doing it’s job; baseball and softball are around the corner. Geaux Cajuns and shut the hell up...
    If you don't like it, don't read it. Nobody is going to shut the hell up...... as you put it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    Your think your silly retorts speak for the Cajun Nation?!?
    When you are so disliked?
    Keep proving why I made my first three possibilities of who you really are
    What are your 3 possibilities? I can tell you if you are on the right track. I know who vic is.

13. Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Levi is a better runner than Jake and a better passer than Brian, yet both get to keep their Mount Rushmore err Passmore status.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What are your 3 possibilities? I can tell you if you are on the right track. I know who vic is.
    It was inevitable you would wade in on this but please stop. Don’t care who either of you are. We are here to talk UL sports, not secret identities

15. Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    It was inevitable you would wade in on this but please stop. Don’t care who either of you are. We are here to talk UL sports, not secret identities
    A huge thanks.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information