Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: QB 2021

1. Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    How many outright championships our best quarterback in the history of the program who only gets credits for games played under Napier even though he was recruited by the coach who won more bowl games than anyone in the Ragin Cajuns. Where do you think he will be drafted or what free agent contract will he sign as a QB
    So are we done with the critic of our QB as a college QB and are we now placing him on the NFL pedestal?

Default Re: QB 2021

How many outright championships our best quarterback in the history of the program who only gets credits for games played under Napier even though he was recruited by the coach who won more bowl games than anyone in the Ragin Cajuns. Where do you think he will be drafted or what free agent contract will he sign as a QB
    Who would you consider our best QB ever? Would it be Brian Mitchell or Jake Delhomme? Can you tell me how many outright championships they have?

7 pages of this? Man....

Levi may have his shortcomings every once in a while just like any other QB, but he has done enough to help us get to back to back double digit winning seasons for the first time in school history. Do we really expect the kid to compete for a Heisman anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    This team is an awesome 21-4 in the past two years. (a Team stat)

Therefore, we don't need any position to improve. (the logic of many)

Again, the team wins/losses have no direct relation to the individual position. Many want it too when it's convenient to try and support their argument.

Our FG kicking game is great, because we are 21-4. No improvement needed, right?
    Have you seen our FG kicking game?

Just for clarity on my position (play on words there), I have not seen a better QB on our team than Levi. It's Coach Napier's (who I completely want as our coach) responsibility to get one and it's going on year 4 and we don't have any QB competition. That's my whole point when posting about the QB position.
    BINGO!
    But let’s see how we got here....
    A couple of “well aged Jokers” brought up a legitimate minority viewpoint to discuss with other civilized RaginPagers.

Instead a historically disliked poster/ poser
    -(who ALWAYS PERSONALLY ATTACKS ANYONE who doesn’t happen to agree with his myopic narcissistic “points” to try and show how important he thinks he is (I will never forget how he perfectly summarized his tiny world view when he wrote smugly, “I guarantee it” (or words to that effect) before Napier was actually hired- THAT WILL NEVER “age”)
    -deliberately mis read what was written so he could show off his impudence -and then try and move the goal posts, hoping most wouldnt go back and read the initial post.

5. Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    BINGO!
    But let’s see how we got here....
    A couple of “well aged Jokers” brought up a legitimate minority viewpoint to discuss with other civilized RaginPagers.

Instead a historically disliked poster/ poser
    -(who ALWAYS PERSONALLY ATTACKS ANYONE who doesn’t happen to agree with his myopic narcissistic “points” to try and show how important he thinks he is (I will never forget how he perfectly summarized his tiny world view when he wrote smugly, “I guarantee it” (or words to that effect) before Napier was actually hired- THAT WILL NEVER “age”)
    -deliberately mis read what was written so he could show off his impudence -and then try and move the goal posts, hoping most wouldnt go back and read the initial post.
    Dude, save it. You and that poster have been pretty much called out by the whole Cajun Nation. It’s not about me, but it has become about you. Notice it and learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Who would you consider our best QB ever? Would it be Brian Mitchell or Jake Delhomme? Can you tell me how many outright championships they have?
    Actually glad you brought these 2 up, go ask Jake what he thinks of Levi and oddly enough Levi is the first person Brian Mitchell thought was worthy of letting wear his number 1.

Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

Levi plays in the suckbelt if you are giving him credit for wins how many outright SBC championships has he won.
    Now he’s a winner because he’s in the sunbelt. But we should have a much better qb despite being in the sunbelt. You might want to think about pulling for a perineal powerhouse team. In a p5 hold all the cards conference.

Problem is all teams lose at some point and some fans like to complain. There’s always something negative because sports are filled with failure. If you can’t find happiness in sports don’t waste your time.

I know some LSU fans that are friends of mine. 1 year after a NC they were calling this season a success because they went into the swamp and won!! I mean that’s finding the positive. Some of you are the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Actually glad you brought these 2 up, go ask Jake what he thinks of Levi and oddly enough Levi is the first person Brian Mitchell thought was worthy of letting wear his number 1.
    Are you that naive? Brian Mitchell and Jake Delhomme will never, I repeat never (say it again) publicly talk anything but positives about a current starting QB at UL. Of course they say that. duh?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I agree with all of this. A number of the passes he's missed this year were catchable balls that weren't hauled in. On a number of our deep passes, our receivers would run and just look to catch the ball in stride at their stomach rather than going up and high pointing it.
    Actually, most of the long passes were underthrown (no improvement over last year). Many of the short passes were behind the receiver. Sometimes people (posters) just can't see what's in front of them. Yes, before someone comes blasting in, some were complete too (the short variety).

10. Default Re: QB 2021

Many great college QB aren’t pro prospects, and some okay college quarterbacks become great pros. One has nothing to do with the other.

The Suckbelt is pretty salty these last few years.

11. Default Re: QB 2021

Man - some of you guys are a tough crowd.

Do I think Levi could improve? Certainly. I think the same could be said of the receiving corps as well though.

Call it the Suckbelt all you want - but even with the "subpar" quarterback play, and even though ULM is sucking wind at 0fer, the conference as a whole is vastly improved over the Bustle and the early Hud days, and this team went 21-4 in the past 2 seasons. Levi isn't getting benched.

All you can ask for is continuous improvement. If you guys want more than that, you're gonna start reminding me of the Dollar General Tigger folks most of us loathe.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Dude, save it. You and that poster have been pretty much called out by the whole Cajun Nation. It’s not about me, but it has become about you. Notice it and learn from it.
    But it IS about you.
    And I CAN “guarantee it”

Your think your silly retorts speak for the Cajun Nation?!?
    When you are so disliked?
    Keep proving why I made my first three possibilities of who you really are

When Lewis was up for these various awards or all conference teams should he have recieved bonus points in the voting for not being the unanimous fave of his own fan base? I.e. "overcame the challenge of ---- that no other candidate did"... Or "the only nominee in the history of this award that -------", etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    Man - some of you guys are a tough crowd.

Do I think Levi could improve? Certainly. I think the same could be said of the receiving corps as well though.

Call it the Suckbelt all you want - but even with the "subpar" quarterback play, and even though ULM is sucking wind at 0fer, the conference as a whole is vastly improved over the Bustle and the early Hud days, and this team went 21-4 in the past 2 seasons. Levi isn't getting benched.

All you can ask for is continuous improvement. If you guys want more than that, you're gonna start reminding me of the Dollar General Tigger folks most of us loathe.
    Great take... While many conferences struggle to fill bowl slots sunbelt is only conference that tripled its bowl teams in the last decade or so.. (2 bowls in 2008, 6 in 2016)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information