Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: QB 2021

Default Re: QB 2021

I think several people that post here have a reading comprehension issue.

2. Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    ... Our FG kicking game is great, because we are 21-4. No improvement needed, right?
    Have you seen our FG kicking game? ...
    Just a note:

Napier made a mid season change in the FG dept.

This has been a very informative and entertaining thread. One could argue not staying on topic contributes to better threads.

I also sense a smidge of political inklings. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I remain amazed at the comments concerning our quarterback.

As many of you know, I've been around for a while. Here are some of my observations:

Levi doesn't do a great job with the deep ball. And, part of it is because we didn't have a deep threat this year. Having said that, it's the weakest part of his game. I'm sure that's a deal breaker for you "Bombs Away" fans.

Someone remarked he wanted a quarterback who would throw the ball a lot. Better hope for a new coach. Coach Napier's philosophy is to run the football, which is the philosophy of most coaches who win consistently.

Levi's record as a starter under Napier is 21-4. Please find me a time when we won 21 games in two seasons. I'll hang up and listen.

Levi Lewis is the best quarterback in the history of this program when running the two minute drill. Don't believe me? Go do some research and let me know how many times we've scored just before halftime with little time on the clock. He's also done it at the end of games as well.

You bring up the interception vs. CCU. I think it's the only pick he threw all year deep in our territory. And, even with that, if we don't false start on third and one and then drop a sure first down pass on the next play, we probably finish the season undefeated.

While a quarterback by himself doesn't win games, he doesn't lose them either. Although we won Saturday, we had four balls that should have been caught on Saturday. Two of them would have been touchdowns. But I'm sure you haters overlook stuff like that.

Levi is called upon to make snap decisions at the line of scrimmage. While he doesn't always make the correct one, I'll guess he's right more than 80 percent of the time. There are many quarterbacks in the country who aren't nearly as cerebral.

Levi doesn't get sacked often and it's not just the O-line that gets credit for that. Only Brian Mitchell in my time watching the Cajuns was the only QB better in avoiding the sack.

You guys can nit pick about his limitations all day long if it fits your agenda. Some of us are still trying to figure out what your agenda is.
    Bravo Jay!!! Couldn't have been stated better!!!

Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

Wait, you think people would mention if it was just one throw off? I think not.
    No, you are not listening to what I say. The first throw that he's off on you guys tear him apart in the game thread. As I mentioned, it is usually followed up by a great play that yall tend to overlook. I see great QB's make bad throws EVERY game but you guys tear LL up even if we are playing well and winning.

As many of you know, I've been around for a while. Here are some of my observations:

Levi doesn't do a great job with the deep ball. And, part of it is because we didn't have a deep threat this year. Having said that, it's the weakest part of his game. I'm sure that's a deal breaker for you "Bombs Away" fans.

Someone remarked he wanted a quarterback who would throw the ball a lot. Better hope for a new coach. Coach Napier's philosophy is to run the football, which is the philosophy of most coaches who win consistently.

Levi's record as a starter under Napier is 21-4. Please find me a time when we won 21 games in two seasons. I'll hang up and listen.

Levi Lewis is the best quarterback in the history of this program when running the two minute drill. Don't believe me? Go do some research and let me know how many times we've scored just before halftime with little time on the clock. He's also done it at the end of games as well.

You bring up the interception vs. CCU. I think it's the only pick he threw all year deep in our territory. And, even with that, if we don't false start on third and one and then drop a sure first down pass on the next play, we probably finish the season undefeated.

While a quarterback by himself doesn't win games, he doesn't lose them either. Although we won Saturday, we had four balls that should have been caught on Saturday. Two of them would have been touchdowns. But I'm sure you haters overlook stuff like that.

Levi is called upon to make snap decisions at the line of scrimmage. While he doesn't always make the correct one, I'll guess he's right more than 80 percent of the time. There are many quarterbacks in the country who aren't nearly as cerebral.

Levi doesn't get sacked often and it's not just the O-line that gets credit for that. Only Brian Mitchell in my time watching the Cajuns was the only QB better in avoiding the sack.

You guys can nit pick about his limitations all day long if it fits your agenda. Some of us are still trying to figure out what your agenda is.
    I agree with all of this. A number of the passes he's missed this year were catchable balls that weren't hauled in. On a number of our deep passes, our receivers would run and just look to catch the ball in stride at their stomach rather than going up and high pointing it.

I think several people that post here have a reading comprehension issue.
    Case in point

Default Re: Live Bowl Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UTSA

Should’ve been 12-1 with no real number one receiver

Without saying who has what, What are some of potential agendas people here could have?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    True but Levi doesn't resemble average or bad.
    Levi plays in the suckbelt if you are giving him credit for wins how many outright SBC championships has he won.

11. Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Without saying who has what, What are some of potential agendas people here could have?
    Not open to any agreement.

I think it's Biblical.

How many outright championships our best quarterback in the history of the program who only gets credits for games played under Napier even though he was recruited by the coach who won more bowl games than anyone in the Ragin Cajuns. Where do you think he will be drafted or what free agent contract will he sign as a QB

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Levi plays in the suckbelt if you are giving him credit for wins how many outright SBC championships has he won.
    Just for clarification... are you related to 31Ragin97?

Is this a parody account?

How many outright championships our best quarterback in the history of the program who only gets credits for games played under Napier even though he was recruited by the coach who won more bowl games than anyone in the Ragin Cajuns. Where do you think he will be drafted or what free agent contract will he sign as a QB
    Well, he's only had the opportunity to play for 1 championship and we lost to a better team on their field and you don't have to be drafted in the NFL to be an effective player and leader in college.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information