That’s with years
    AND WITH NO RESEARCH
    I am pretty sure you are a fan
    But why are you such a Pr&$ck?
    Not a good reason just because it rhymes with VIC
    Just curious, how many of those examples won 91%

Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Wins and losses is literally the biggest metric used to rank and judge QB's. They take both the biggest criticism and credit depending on the circumstances. Is he perfect? Nope, but he runs the offense well and guys like to play for him. I see great QB's make poor throws in EVERY game. He was not helped by his receiving corps this year being so young and the OL blocked poorly for about half the year.

Every game thread, LL misses one throw and I know that several of you guys are going to go off on the guy and then he usually follows that poor throw with a dart for a score for which nothing is mentioned.
    Wait, you think people would mention if it was just one throw off? I think not.

4. Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Just curious, how many of those examples won 91%
    In multiple years with the same QB.

Default Re: Live Bowl Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UTSA

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    21-4 is the teams record over the last 2 years.

Levi started 3 games in 2017 when hud pulled the redshirt. Won against south al and lost to ole miss(injured game) and ga southern(benched for Davis).

He played in all the games in 2018 but Nunez started every one.

So his record as starter is actually 22-6.
    Awesome. Thanks. An actual well thought out and fact based response to a question, amazing times. So i guess trying to get him credit for the extra win backfires in the big picture.

Not sure what i stepped in. But no idea what half these posts are about. Surprised fanof71 didnt pile on for more nonsenical attacks that fall.short

Default Re: QB 2021

For the guys still questioning Levi’s ability to lead this team and play QB after a 10-1 season.. please name all the other players on the team that need to be challenged or replaced. I mean y’all do watch the game after the QB gets rid of the ball?

When billy got here he gave Levi reps in games on a regular basis. Now that second QB getting reps is no more. That should say a lot about what the professionals think.

Levi is a decent QB, nothing wrong with being an average FBS QB, it's not saying he's bad. People that try and make it like he's great, look foolish, people can easily see. This isn't rocket science.

By now, Coach Napier should have been able to recruit a pretty good QB. That's my issue, where is the competition for QB at UL? If not on the team now, why not?

Do you realize the QB for TX San Antonio outplayed statistically our QB or that's a non factor since we won the game. LL had 6.6 yds/catch. You think that is good? It is not.

I have nothing against LL personally. I would like to see a strong passing game at UL. I would like to have a QB that can pass the ball effectively. Just because we win the game, which I certainly appreciate and love just as much as anyone, I can see we still are in need of a better passer at QB. Levi has not improved this year (statistically), and some of that is an inexperienced group at WR, and some of it is just him. Nobody questions Eli Mitchell's ability to run the ball because we can all see he excels at it. It would be exactly the same if this ability was at QB. It's because it is obvious to many that actually see it.

And I'm not talking about leading the team or being a team leader which I'm sure LL is very good, I'm talking about the ability to have a passing game starting with the QB position. Many of our games this year would not have been close like they were if we had a QB that could pass the ball consistently. It is an anchor that pulls the team down and must be overcome by other means.

9. Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Levi is a decent QB, nothing wrong with being an average FBS QB, it's not saying he's bad. People that try and make it like he's great, look foolish, people can easily see. This isn't rocket science.

By now, Coach Napier should have been able to recruit a pretty good QB. That's my issue, where is the competition for QB at UL? If not on the team now, why not?

Do you realize the QB for TX San Antonio outplayed statistically our QB or that's a non factor since we won the game. LL had 6.6 yds/catch. You think that is good? It is not.

I have nothing against LL personally. I would like to see a strong passing game at UL. I would like to have a QB that can pass the ball effectively. Just because we win the game, which I certainly appreciate and love just as much as anyone, I can see we still are in need of a better passer at QB. Levi has not improved this year (statistically), and some of that is an inexperienced group at WR, and some of it is just him. Nobody questions Eli Mitchell's ability to run the ball because we can all see he excels at it. It would be exactly the same if this ability was at QB. It's because it is obvious to many that actually see it.

And I'm not talking about leading the team or being a team leader which I'm sure LL is very good, I'm talking about the ability to have a passing game starting with the QB position. Many of our games this year would not have been close like they were if we had a QB that could pass the ball consistently. It is an anchor that pulls the team down and must be overcome by other means.
    Let’s see what is established in the first three paragraphs. After that, there is no point in reading any farther (unless you are interested in a good laugh).

1. Everybody, including our HC is foolish.
    2. Levi is average because no other QB recruited has beat him out.
    3. Levi averaged 12.2 yds/catch not 6.6 in the bowl game (while misstating the stats he provides this logic - one QB in one game had better stats than ours but lost so ours is not good)

You can’t make this stuff up.

Many with eyes wide open and no agenda may get a real good laugh when they read the whole of this analysis about one of the most successful QB’s to ever take the field in the history of Louisiana football. Our HC should.

21-4 baby

Levi’s mum

10. Default Re: QB 2021

Based on the roster we have/have had. We would not have been 21-4 without Levi Lewis at QB the last 2 seasons. That is a fact. Not saying we don’t have talent behind him but Levi is pretty good and the best option we have at the moment.

Default Re: Live Bowl Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UTSA

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Levi may not be perfect but he’s a winner! Let’s celebrate today. Leave the armchair coaching to the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Based on the roster we have/have had. We would not have been 21-4 without Levi Lewis at QB the last 2 seasons. That is a fact. Not saying we don’t have talent behind him but Levi is pretty good and the best option we have at the moment.
    Bingo. This right here sums it up perfectly and should put this nonsense to rest. End of Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Yes, LL will be our starter next season....unless some transfer comes in and wows Billy beyond belief....and that's highly unlikely.

Levi's running ability this season was the difference in many games. He's almost impossible to sack and in the open field, his speed and shiftiness is a dangerous combination. I'd like to see him bulk up a bit to handle the hits he'll take when running more. However, IMO, he didn't throw it as well as the end of the season last year. He missed far too many open receivers on deep throws and struggled with crossing routes some this year as well. He also lacked touch on some of his shorter throws. Yep, I'm being picky here, but we all know he worked on his deep passes prior to the season starting. Only two things can happen when you overthrow the receiver and both are bad. Many of the deep misses were the result of throwing with a low trajectory. Don't get me wrong, slinging a missile 40+ yards on a rope and hitting the receiver in stride gets a rise out of me. But that type of throw, if you have the arm strength to throw it and Levi does, should only happen if the safety is closing from the middle of the field. In most cases this season, all Levi needed to do was put more air under the ball and give his receiver a chance to get under it. That throw to Peter Leblanc in the bowl was a dart and Peter should have caught it, but it a little more air under it and that becomes a much easier catch. He struggles putting "touch" on some of his shorter throws. That pass in the left flat to Elijah in the Covid Coastal game was too hot. Yes, it could have been caught, but it was high and behind Eli and that's a tough catch when moving forward.

I'm very happy he decided to come back and I'm sure they will work on his passing skills this spring and off-season. It seemed to me, he was more accurate with crossing routes near the end of last season, not as much this season.

I was disappointed we lost McDowell. I thought his throwing mechanics were solid when I saw him in his only spring scrimmage in 2019. He had ideal size and look awesome running the ball. Not sure if we keep our other QB's on the roster...the were likely disappointed LL is coming back, and we have two FR QBs coming in next year.
    I liked this well thought out analysis of the situation and of Levi. Pretty much states how I feel about Levi, and in the end, like you I am happy he is returning.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    That's an extremely biased opinion. I can't think of any games he won with his arm...or his legs. I can think of many situations where his limitations cost us games, though. With a competent, hell even less mobile of a QB...and I think we are better than 21-4. That's how good the roster around him is.

Now...you get Napier's head out of his ass...and he figures out what he has in Lewis as a "QB"...this team is dangerous. More dangerous than 10-1 with a win over a ranked Big 12 team. Lewis is here to stay...and he should be. His team wins...not because of him...but we win WITH him. Very important distinction. Lewis is not a weapon in this offense...he is merely a piece of it. With his talent...that's a crying shame. Napier wants him to be something he 1000% is not.

15. Default Re: QB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    ..I can think of many situations where his limitations cost us games...
    Define "many" you have 4 games to pick from.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information