Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: QB 2021

Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You are challenged to find a team with a crappy or below average QB like you believe we have and a record of 21-4 over a two year period that said QB started all games.
    Where did I say that I believe we have a "crappy" QB? You won't find it, quit being a liar.

2. Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Where did I say that I believe we have a "crappy" QB? You won't find it, quit being a liar.
    Unbelievable how the deniers each have their own levels of tip toeing around their belief that we need a different QB. Then when called on it - it’s “I didn’t say that” or “ that’s not what I said” . . . Unfukng believable how you folks operate.

Don’t lie, you don’t want Levi as our QB. Fess up.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    Off the top of my head:
    -Notre Dame for several years before current Book
    -LSU for even more years before Burrow
    Florida before Trask
    - NFL Bears LAST Super Bowl team
    There are many, he can go look himself.

4. Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

There are many, he can go look himself.
    I will accept your NONE as a most appropriate response.

I will accept your NONE as a most appropriate response.
    When people don't fall in line with your thinking, you start attacking them. Try being a little more open minded and accepting to other people's views, you might find it less stressful.

6. Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

When people don't fall in line with your thinking, you start attacking them. Try being a little more open minded and accepting to other people's views, you might find it less stressful.
    All I asked was for you to get out of the abstract and find a QB on a team that supported your position. Another avout denier chimed in with failed examples. The challenge remains open.

Yes, LL will be our starter next season....unless some transfer comes in and wows Billy beyond belief....and that's highly unlikely.

Levi's running ability this season was the difference in many games. He's almost impossible to sack and in the open field, his speed and shiftiness is a dangerous combination. I'd like to see him bulk up a bit to handle the hits he'll take when running more. However, IMO, he didn't throw it as well as the end of the season last year. He missed far too many open receivers on deep throws and struggled with crossing routes some this year as well. He also lacked touch on some of his shorter throws. Yep, I'm being picky here, but we all know he worked on his deep passes prior to the season starting. Only two things can happen when you overthrow the receiver and both are bad. Many of the deep misses were the result of throwing with a low trajectory. Don't get me wrong, slinging a missile 40+ yards on a rope and hitting the receiver in stride gets a rise out of me. But that type of throw, if you have the arm strength to throw it and Levi does, should only happen if the safety is closing from the middle of the field. In most cases this season, all Levi needed to do was put more air under the ball and give his receiver a chance to get under it. That throw to Peter Leblanc in the bowl was a dart and Peter should have caught it, but it a little more air under it and that becomes a much easier catch. He struggles putting "touch" on some of his shorter throws. That pass in the left flat to Elijah in the Covid Coastal game was too hot. Yes, it could have been caught, but it was high and behind Eli and that's a tough catch when moving forward.

I'm very happy he decided to come back and I'm sure they will work on his passing skills this spring and off-season. It seemed to me, he was more accurate with crossing routes near the end of last season, not as much this season.

I was disappointed we lost McDowell. I thought his throwing mechanics were solid when I saw him in his only spring scrimmage in 2019. He had ideal size and look awesome running the ball. Not sure if we keep our other QB's on the roster...the were likely disappointed LL is coming back, and we have two FR QBs coming in next year.

Off the top of your head, you have failed the test
    miserably. Now back to research, I feel quite confident the results will be the same.
    I have watched your sophomaniacal antics for years -and wasted time responding
    So, again, of the top of my head:
    1 you either think you are still in HS
    2 you never graduated HS
    3 you are suffering from a condition known as Dunning -Kruger effect.
    Do your research on those

All I asked was for you to get out of the abstract and find a QB on a team that supported your position. Another avout denier chimed in with failed examples. The challenge remains open.
    You just don’t agree
    So instead of being civilized in your response, you start attacking and deflecting so others don’t see that you are just a narcissistic a@&s-whole who can’t win a normal argument

“I challenge you to find a good team with a crappy QB...”
    I challenge YOU to find a great state with a crappy governor
    Or a great battalion with a Sh”&tty commander!
    Happens ALL THE TIME

11. Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

You just don’t agree
    So instead of being civilized in your response, you start attacking and deflecting so others don’t see that you are just a narcissistic a@&s-whole who can’t win a normal argument
    This is hilarious, but still no response on the subject.

12. Default Re: 2020 First Responders Bowl Final: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

“I challenge you to find a good team with a crappy QB...”
    I challenge YOU to find a great state with a crappy governor
    Or a great battalion with a Sh”&tty commander!
    Happens ALL THE TIME
    I hope you are having fun with your tangents. Still no response on the issue.

PS - I’m not the poster that challenged our QB 10 minutes after a 10-1 season. You have to live with that.

Default Re: Live Bowl Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UTSA

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    probably be undefeated if not for the quack quack floater that was intercepted deep in our territory against Covid Carolina. I do believe he lost a game or two in his sophomore year. But what does that say about our current recruiting if we can't recruit a QB to unseat an average Hud QB recruit? yep we are into the off season
    Ahh, and you chalk up the Covid Carolina loss to one play huh?Ok

A starting QB's record, which is really the record of the team, is not a direct reflection of the QB. The QB could be average or below average and the team could have the very same record. The record of a team does not make any one player on the team better or worse. Also, it goes the other way too, a terrible team may have a great QB.
    Wins and losses is literally the biggest metric used to rank and judge QB's. They take both the biggest criticism and credit depending on the circumstances. Is he perfect? Nope, but he runs the offense well and guys like to play for him. I see great QB's make poor throws in EVERY game. He was not helped by his receiving corps this year being so young and the OL blocked poorly for about half the year.

Every game thread, LL misses one throw and I know that several of you guys are going to go off on the guy and then he usually follows that poor throw with a dart for a score for which nothing is mentioned.

This is hilarious, but still no response on the subject.
    NO RESPONSE??
    AGAIN(see above) Mr Malapert;
    ND: 2012-2018
    LSU: 2005-2018
    UF : 2009, 2012, 2015, 2018
    Bears : 2010
    That’s with years
    AND WITH NO RESEARCH
    I am pretty sure you are a fan
    But why are you such a Pr&$ck?
    Not a good reason just because it rhymes with VIC

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast