Thread: Basketball talk: Kobe Julien

UL Basketball Basketball talk: Kobe Julien

Does anyone know when he will be back on the court? He is a special player that can spark some offense for this team.

2. Default Re: Basketball talk: Kobe Julien

Color me curious as well.

Default Re: Basketball talk: Kobe Julien

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Does anyone know when he will be back on the court? He is a special player that can spark some offense for this team.
    January was mentioned earlier this season.

As far as I know nothing has been updated since the January/February time table when the injuries for both Julien and Cadwell were announced.

5. Default Re: Basketball talk: Kobe Julien

When we have players with multiple serious injuries I don’t ever count them unless they’re actually on the court. Add academic issues too. Just relax until they are actually playing.

Don't expect to see him in January, it will be late late in the year and even then, who knows how much he will play.

Last I heard that it could be late January when Kobe plays and early February when Cadwell plays. Cajuns80 may have more updated information than I do and he could be right in that both could be out until well into February.

8. Default Re: Basketball talk: Kobe Julien

So to be clear, the 20/21 season will not depend on broken players. They may be there for about half the conference season. But there’s always the chemistry issues of a well developed team taking on new players.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So to be clear, the 20/21 season will not depend on broken players. They may be there for about half the conference season. But there’s always the chemistry issues of a well developed team taking on new players.
    I agree with that. As it is, we are already preparing one guy to join the rotation and he has been here less than two weeks. A good conference record will greatly depend on the guys who played in pre conference. Defense and rebounding have been improved. That can carry you a long way when your shooting is off. The turnovers HAVE to be reduced and free throw shooting can't be like it was against McNeese. The free throw shooting did help win close games at UNO and against Tech. Hopefully what happened against McNeese was an anomaly and nights like that will continue to be rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree with that. As it is, we are already preparing one guy to join the rotation and he has been here less than two weeks. A good conference record will greatly depend on the guys who played in pre conference. Defense and rebounding have been improved. That can carry you a long way when your shooting is off. The turnovers HAVE to be reduced and free throw shooting can't be like it was against McNeese. The free throw shooting did help win close games at UNO and against Tech. Hopefully what happened against McNeese was an anomaly and nights like that will continue to be rare.
    Agree as well, even if Kobe and Durey are able to come back this year, the reality is neither has practiced, nor will practice, until probably February. Also have to get in shape, just don't see either being able to play a key role down the stretch. Hopefully Brayan is getting healthier with this time off and he can turn his game up a notch.

Thread Information