Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The good and bad of the 2021 football schedule.

Default Re: The good and bad of the 2021 football schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Marable and Jackson leaving gonna hurt them. While I don't think they'll go winless next year the better teams will be prepared for them this time. They'll be around 7-5 or 8-4.
    Marable will be the hardest one to replace for them. They should still go 4-0 in OCC and lose no more than 2 conference games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    In order for any G5 team to get into the final 4 they’d have to schedule four top tier P5 and of course sweep those road games. Have at least one win vs top 25 game with another G5 team and dominate the other teams they play.
    this, and I hope Napier breaks his pattern and acknowledge he has a team capable of NY6 and the importance for him to get style points each game. enough with being happy with a 1 point win against peers.

3. Default Re: The good and bad of the 2021 football schedule.

I know he’s passed up opportunities to win with bigger margins like UTSA Saturday. But I don’t subscribe to rubbing the opponents face in the loss just for style points. If you earn a three score win over the course of the game fine. But to try and score meaninglessness points at the end is poor sportsmanship.

Now if I have many backup players in the end they deserve to get their best effort. That may be considered piling on, I consider it training in real game conditions. It’s up to the opponent to stop them. I would pull back on starters trying to pile up points

whats considered "the end" start of the 4th? last 5 mins?
    yes i agree. Let the back up run the full play book that they can handle. It up to the other team to stop them.

5. Default Re: The good and bad of the 2021 football schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I know he’s passed up opportunities to win with bigger margins like UTSA Saturday. But I don’t subscribe to rubbing the opponents face in the loss just for style points. If you earn a three score win over the course of the game fine. But to try and score meaninglessness points at the end is poor sportsmanship.

Now if I have many backup players in the end they deserve to get their best effort. That may be considered piling on, I consider it training in real game conditions. It’s up to the opponent to stop them. I would pull back on starters trying to pile up points
    There was a game this year that fits your description, Napier pulled the starters in Q3 and they continued to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There was a game this year that fits your description, Napier pulled the starters in Q3 and they continued to score.
    with the team we have coming back next season and the perception vs the AAC, we need to do that in all the games we can and not just one for NY6 respect from the committee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information