Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2021 Baseball Season

Default Re: Sun Belt Baseball to Play Less Conference Games in 2021

What is the SB's reasoning for going to less conference games? I don't expect we will have more OOC games; I am just trying to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    What is the SB's reasoning for going to less conference games? I don't expect we will have more OOC games; I am just trying to understand it.
    The Sun Belt, from a strength standpoint, isn't as good as it was a few years ago. The Florida schools leaving had a lot to do with that. App and Ga. State have been very poor. ULM and Arkansas State also have struggled.

The league decided to cut the league schedule to 24 and give the schools two bye weeks in the middle of conference. It gives those who are in the hunt for post season to "schedule up" during those weeks.

With the American, the Atlantic Sun, the Big 12 and the Southland all having bye weeks, it makes sense. Lots of good teams to choose from.

(One of the Cajuns' bye weeks is the first week of conference play which is how we got TCU. We were supposed to play Sam in the other, but after Deggs was named HC, the series was cancelled. With that, and COVID to consider, the other bye week is either North Alabama or Houston Baptist. The other one is in pre-conference.)

In addition, your cross division series depend on your rolling RPI from the last three years. Good plays good. Cajuns play Coastal, South Al and Troy. ULM plays the two Georgia Schools and App. You still play everyone in your division.

Cajuns get Troy, Coastal, Texas State and Arkansas State at home. Travel to LR, UTA, ULM and USA.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The Sun Belt, from a strength standpoint, isn't as good as it was a few years ago. The Florida schools leaving had a lot to do with that. App and Ga. State have been very poor. ULM and Arkansas State also have struggled.

The league decided to cut the league schedule to 24 and give the schools two bye weeks in the middle of conference. It gives those who are in the hunt for post season to "schedule up" during those weeks.

With the American, the Atlantic Sun, the Big 12 and the Southland all having bye weeks, it makes sense. Lots of good teams to choose from.

(One of the Cajuns' bye weeks is the first week of conference play which is how we got TCU. We were supposed to play Sam in the other, but after Deggs was named HC, the series was cancelled. With that, and COVID to consider, the other bye week is either North Alabama or Houston Baptist. The other one is in pre-conference.)

In addition, your cross division series depend on your rolling RPI from the last three years. Good plays good. Cajuns play Coastal, South Al and Troy. ULM plays the two Georgia Schools and App. You still play everyone in your division.

Cajuns get Troy, Coastal, Texas State and Arkansas State at home. Travel to LR, UTA, ULM and USA.
    Thank you for the reply; this makes sense!

I guess SHSU wasn't too keen on Coach Deggs coming here.

Belt not know there is a vaccine......that is 95% effective and in a couple weeks after elders/advanced medical risk, teachers, politicians and 1st responders are all taken of......it will be made available to all?????

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Belt not know there is a vaccine......that is 95% effective and in a couple weeks after elders/advanced medical risk, teachers, politicians and 1st responders are all taken of......it will be made available to all?????
    Latest vaccine schedule is May/June for regular college students. That’ll be near post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Subject to revision, but, right now, vaccines want be available to under 65 until April or even May, more likely.

UL Baseball Baseball schedule nugget

Don't know if it has been announced by the Cajuns but the Rice website shows the Cajuns hosting Rice February 26-28. If this has been posted my apologies.

8. Default Re: Baseball schedule nugget

Love the nuggets.

2 of those games will be part of the Vermilion Package

Default Re: Baseball schedule nugget

I remember hating Rice in 1999

UL Baseball Baseball schedule

The 2021 schedule has been posted on the UL athletic website.

Default Re: Baseball schedule

Thanks i been waiting for this

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information