Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Here comes Au.BURN

1. Default Re: Here comes Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I commented on this previously.
    Can’t remember the exact quote but remember the goal being a yearly top 25 contender.think he might have gotten the foot in the door on that this yearwhat about Dabo to Alabama and Nap to Clemson? Nap has mentioned having been given the things necessary to win at UL, what if he can be a huge winner with security every year?

Default Re: Looks Like Napier is Staying

FB is loaded with UL announcements that Napier is staying, including press release for Maggard

Default Re: Looks Like Napier is Staying

Auburn Wire says he turned down the job. My. My. My.

Default Re: Here comes Au.burn

And there goes Auburn dont let the door hit you in the ___.

Napes is an absolute mad lad. His fetish must be turning down SEC gigs. Let's fkin' go!

Default Re: Here comes Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Billy wants the Alabama job not auburn. He will turn us into a g5 power and take over for Saban once he retires
    Bobby Bowden went to FSU, intending it as a stepping stone to 'Bama.

I've heard, but never verified, that he changed his mind after the Seminoles went into BR and thumped L State.

That Athletic Dept. at Auburn is a political dumpster fire with big donor types and former players having an unhealthy influence over the program. No way they would be willing to cede the level of control over the FB program that someone who has been trained by Saban and Swinney would want to have on the business side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And there goes Auburn dont let the door hit you in the ___.
    Buttocks.

The word you want is buttocks.

;-D

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

I've heard, but never verified, that he changed his mind after the Seminoles went into BR and thumped L State.
    The story I have heard was that, if he didn't beat LSU, that would be a sign that the program had gone as far as it could, and he would be looking to leave. As I recall (and this was almost 40 years ago, he did beat LSU convincingly, and the rest is history.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Napes is an absolute mad lad. His fetish must be turning down SEC gigs. Let's fkin' go!
    Bumper sticker material

12. Default Re: Here comes Au.burn

There is always drama surrounding the AU HC. Bobby Lowder runs the show down there. Remember the "secret" meeting with Bobby Petrino behind Tommy Tuberville's back that ended up costing the AU president his job? Napier doesn't need that _____

WOW. Billy said no to freakin' Auburn to stay in Louisiana. You know what that means.

Big Balls Billy.

That was one of the few lsu games I have gone to. My neighbor was a former Miss st player and had tickets and invited me. Even way back then I rooted for the right team to win.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information