Poll: Rate the Job Dr. Maggard is doing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2020: Rate the Job Dr. Maggard is doing

1. Ragin' Cajuns 2020: Rate the Job Dr. Maggard is doing

It's been a tough year with circumstances changing daily.

Rate the Job Dr. Maggard is doing and leave a comment if you can.

Default Re: 2020: Rate the Job Dr. Maggard is doing

Basketball program and scheduling needs to be fixed. A+ For all other sports.

Needs to find a way to keep Napier one more season.

To say I respect Dr. Maggard would be an understatement. He is, without a doubt, one of the finest athletic administrators I have ever encountered. It is a pleasure to have him serving the UL community.

From what I can see on the outside, Dr Maggard is doing a great job!

Dr Maggardwish we had him before the Farmer was put in that job. Oh, what a different setting we would be in today if that had occurred.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2020: Rate the Job Dr. Maggard is doing

He's done a GREAT job. The next best thing he could do for this University and it's athletic program is to get us OUT OF THIS F#ED UP conference!!!

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post

Needs to find a way to keep Napier one more season.
    Anyone have an extra $15 mill sitting in a jar in their backyard?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Anyone have an extra $15 mill sitting in a jar in their backyard?
    Not sure if Maggard had anything to do with it, but guess we found a way to keep him. Billy is on a mission, and I don't think he's gonna let Covid Floppalina stand in his way next year!

Geaux Cajuns!

Maggard is a great AD and I'm trying to think who he reminds me of

Dr. Maggard is such a professional and is very good at his job, we are lucky to have him. He has shown to have a solid hiring skill, and that's really important.

Having said that, there is so much that is yet to get accomplished, and yes it's difficult for many reasons, money being the biggest. The football stadium is in dire need of a complete refurbish and this is his responsibility to get it done. He has to raise the profile of this program, which he is certainly making progress, and to get the bigger money donors interested in being a part of it. A super tough job, but it's not impossible. It's been done in many different places. The circumstances are going to be different due location, timing, business climate, etc, but that's a part of what Athletic Directors do. I give him an 8 now, he gets this done and he will be a 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Dr. Maggard is such a professional and is very good at his job, we are lucky to have him. He has shown to have a solid hiring skill, and that's really important.

Having said that, there is so much that is yet to get accomplished, and yes it's difficult for many reasons, money being the biggest. The football stadium is in dire need of a complete refurbish and this is his responsibility to get it done. He has to raise the profile of this program, which he is certainly making progress, and to get the bigger money donors interested in being a part of it. A super tough job, but it's not impossible. It's been done in many different places. The circumstances are going to be different due location, timing, business climate, etc, but that's a part of what Athletic Directors do. I give him an 8 now, he gets this done and he will be a 10.
    One way to judge the performance of a leader is by the quality of the people he/she hires and keeps. Maggard has excelled at that. The most recent proof is that Napier is staying. We don't know all of the ends and outs, but, by all reports, it was Napier's to lose, and he decided to lose it.

If Napier was not very satisfied here now and what he sees for the future (which is largely a reflection of Maggard) Napier would be gone now. While Auburn might not have been the perfect job, it is hard to turn down $5million a year or so. Even if Auburn had not turned out well, Napier is still young enough that he could have had a second coming, a la Kiffin and been financially set for life in the process.

I believe Maggard is a large part of the reason we still have Napier, not to mention softball, baseball, vollyball, and soccer.

Nine and rising!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    To say I respect Dr. Maggard would be an understatement. He is, without a doubt, one of the finest athletic administrators I have ever encountered. It is a pleasure to have him serving the UL community.
    boy, aint that the truth.

I'd be curious to hear from those giving him low marks.esp, 6 or 7? Wonder what the thinking is behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I'd be curious to hear from those giving him low marks.esp, 6 or 7? Wonder what the thinking is behind that.
    Might be the same people who think we have a better QB than Lewis.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information