Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 First Responders Bowl: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

1. UL Football 2020 First Responders Bowl: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

#19 Louisiana has been selected to take on Conference USA foe UTSA in the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 26, in Dallas, Texas. Kickoff is slated for 2:30 p.m. CT on ABC.

The postseason bowl appearance will be the 10th in program history and the third-straight under head coach Billy Napier. Louisiana holds an official record of 5-2 in bowl games.

Louisiana and UTSA will be meeting for the first time when they square off in Dallas. In the Coach Napier era, the Ragin' Cajuns own a 1-0 record over Conference USA opposition, the lone win coming on Oct. 23, 2020, when the team defeated UAB, 24-20, in Birmingham.

The Ragin' Cajuns were slated to play in their third-straight Sun Belt Conference Championship Game on Saturday, Dec. 19, against No. 9 Coastal Carolina, but the game was canceled due to COVID-19 issues within the Chanticleers program. As a result of the cancellation, the Ragin' Cajuns were declared co-champions.

Default Re: Louisiana Selected to Play in SERVPRO First Responder Bowl

I feel for the team this year, being denied a championship game and justice.

UL Football 2020 First Responders Bowl: Louisiana 31, UTSA 24

Lots of Louisiana Connections on Roster for the Roadrunners...

https://goutsa.com/sports/football/roster

Default Re: Official Unofficial UTSA Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Lots of Louisiana Connections on Roster for the Roadrunners...

https://goutsa.com/sports/football/roster
    Makes sense since Frank Wilson was the head coach. I did see jahmal Sam on the roster, he had committed to us before signing with UTSA. If I remember correctly he was going to be a greyshirt and decided to go elsewhere

Wonder if they left an opening? Tennessee just bailed on the Liberty Bowl.

I hope Army gets in!

Cajuns ought to volunteer to play Army after the FR Bowl. Talk about positive publicity!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Cajuns ought to volunteer to play Army after the FR Bowl. Talk about positive publicity!
    they would probably accuse us of calling army second responders

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I hope Army gets in!
    They are in.

10. UL Football Opponent's View: UTSA to face Louisiana in SERVPRO First Responder Bowl

UTSA will face No. 16 Louisiana in the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl on Saturday, December 26, officials announced on Sunday. Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m. at Gerald J. Ford Stadium on the SMU campus and the game will be televised nationally on ABC

What are your thoughts on the opponent? Seem like the 4 losses were to good teams but TxSt took them to 2 OT.

Attached Images Attached Images  

The wins were all bad teams and the losses were pretty good teams. I think the spread will be hard to cover. But Geaux Cajuns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    The wins were all bad teams and the losses were pretty good teams. I think the spread will be hard to cover. But Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I know the Cajuns will be ready to make a statement in this game so I expect them to play well and we will see how that transfers on the score board

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    What are your thoughts on the opponent? Seem like the 4 losses were to good teams but TxSt took them to 2 OT.
    Every team they played which had a decent defense, they lost. The best defensive team they beat was LTU@Ruston. Defensively they are fair, but not outstanding; offensively they have decent numbers, but most of their production was against really bad defenses.

I expect the Cajuns to be focused and a bit angry. We win decisively, and cover the spread.

UL Football UL bowl scoring predictions anyone

good guys for Louisiana 52
    UTSA 14

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information