Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts

Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Cincy has a legit argument for top 4 with a win
    ESPN announcer at AAC game said if Bama and Cincy both win tonight, expect the rankings to be:
    1. Bama
    2. Clemson
    3. Ohio State
    4. ND
    5. TA&M
    6. Cincinnati

Cincinnati couldn’t accept the NY6 game is they didn’t win the AAC. A Cajuns win would guarantee us the NY6 slot.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    ESPN announcer at AAC game said if Bama and Cincy both win tonight, expect the rankings to be:
    1. Bama
    2. Clemson
    3. Ohio State
    4. ND
    5. TA&M
    6. Cincinnati
    Thanks. Didnt think theyd win the argument. Thought one of the prognosticators had them in?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    But did they? There are countless schools that have dealt with multiple positive tests (not just one, as with Coastal) and they were able to play the games. How? These programs (including ours) properly executed the "distancing protocols" and therefore were not subject to losing large swaths of players due to the contact tracing mandate. If it is in fact true that these players (all of the D-Lineman on the roster) should properly be declared ineligible to play due to contact tracing (player contact with the D-line coach that tested positive on Thursday after a negative test Wednesday), this is the fault of the Coastal Carolina football program for failure to execute the proper procedures and constraints.

Do I think that the contact tracing mandate was violated with all of their D-Lineman? My "guess" is that they did not violate this mandate and that they simply do not want this game for a plethora of reasons (including Chadwell's contract tracing ... pun intended). And in a day and age when the public is hypersensitive about Covid, the Coastal program is not going to be held to account (and asked the hard questions) for making the decision that they did. There are people out there that simply want the economy and all activity to cease ... and this plays right into all of it.

Thus, if the contact tracing mandate was legitimately violated, then this is the fault and responsibility of the Coastal football program. As such, Coastal Carolina is to blame regardless of what you believe happened.

Another opinion of mine ... if the Sun Belt had the championship game rules instituted by the Pac-12 (meaning App State would be playing the Cajuns in the title game if Coastal was unavailable to play), I have no doubt that we would be playing this game against Coastal Carolina this afternoon.

Brian
    Brian,

When I read your posts, I wish you lived over here. I would really like to have a beer with you from time to time.

BTW, we need to remember what the NFL did when a team was sloppy with their precautions:

And if you are Cuckold Carolina today- after Tulsa lost (which by the way was FULLY expected)- you might be regretting the “Cancel the UL game “in case” Tulsa wins so we get to a NY6 Bowl” decision.
    Now that Cincy Won, Crusted University of Carolina of Kon-men realize they COULD HAVE Benefitted from a CCG
    against UL

Does anyone know what the Sunbelt protocols are for isolation through contact tracing? If its 7-10 days how is Covid Carolina going to play in any bowl?

7. Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Does anyone know what the Sunbelt protocols are for isolation through contact tracing? If its 7-10 days how is Covid Carolina going to play in any bowl?
    I think they follow whatever the CDC current models call for. That being the case 7 days from casual short term contact

https://nypost.com/2020/12/02/cdc-is...ne-guidelines/

Apparently the science is whatever the public is willing to do for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Its true that "hurt people" hurt people! ya'll are angry at everyone and blaming everyone, IMO unjustly. Truth is Louisiana got screwed out of the biggest opportunity in its history, and our fans realize that and are venting from that.
    However, under todays environment with Covid-19, no one is going to hold a microscope to challenge the degree of someone claiming Covid issues. can this be used as a strategic move for someones benefit, sure it can and probably has been earlier this year, and maybe this weekend by Coastal. Again, sucks for us.
    The Sun Belt made a decision weeks ago how they would handle if the championship game could not be play along with every FBS conference. its well know the SBC closely follows the SEC with rules. people mad at SBC rules would really be mad if they used the ACC rules and declared Coastal the champ by virtue of regular season. just because the Pac-12 rules would have worked out better for Louisiana dont mean it would have been better for the conference as some think. the SBC will always be more like the SEC than the pac-12.
    There is no reason to play coastal this season now that we are both co-champs. this is a lose for us to some degree, because IT WAS NOT GAURENTEED TO BE NY6 for us. people talk as if we were a lock and coastal took that away. we had a chance if things went our way, that is all, beyond that, we would be where we are now. co-champs feels week, but this short term lose for Louisiana can be a big building block for a conference that is quickly growing rivalries, brands, and drama. We can now add Coastal to App St. and Ark St as those rivalries to look forward to kicking their teeth in.
    Life and this 2020 season has not been fair. it really sucks when we are the ones on the not fair side of things. we need to keep out heads up high and keep building. dont let this turn our season sour. 9-1 , bowl game coming, top 25 ranking and setting up a pre-season 2021 ranking. Geaux Cajuns
    I don't get what you are saying. First you spout off about us "fans" _____ing and blaming everybody out there and you say its "unjust" but then you also in succession say that we got screwed out of one of the biggest opportunity's in our history....What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I get what you saying about CCU, but what do you expect from the SBC? what realistic options could any league do to pressure a member publicly saying they got Covid issues? Real question, what would you do if your running things?
    Since you are a voice of contention here, I'm going to ask you this question just as I've asked a number of CCU fans on Twitter with no real good answer or response. If this was 2 days before a NY6 bowl game, do you think this game gets cancelled due to their circumstances? Or do you think they go out and play? I think we all know the answer to that one.

The bare truth is their coaching staff is owed upwards of close to $1.4 million in incentives which have already been met but could be altered if they were to lose to us. They have incentives for Sagarrin finishes and rankings and being undefeated etc...Had we beat them, a chunk of that money is no longer owed them. To them, there was no need to play this game as it wouldn't advance them nor hurt them no matter the outcome if Cincy wins. They tried to weasel out of the Troy game last week and constantly _____ed about our having more rest time.

Hey zephyr, Whats your twitter name?

Coastal gets rewarded with Liberty LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Coastal gets rewarded with Liberty LOL
    That means they’d have to play a team on their schedule. You know how Chadwell hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That means they’d have to play a team on their schedule. You know how Chadwell hates that.
    I like to think it’s karma

Geaux, Flames!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Since you are a voice of contention here, I'm going to ask you this question just as I've asked a number of CCU fans on Twitter with no real good answer or response. If this was 2 days before a NY6 bowl game, do you think this game gets cancelled due to their circumstances? Or do you think they go out and play? I think we all know the answer to that one.

The bare truth is their coaching staff is owed upwards of close to $1.4 million in incentives which have already been met but could be altered if they were to lose to us. They have incentives for Sagarrin finishes and rankings and being undefeated etc...Had we beat them, a chunk of that money is no longer owed them. To them, there was no need to play this game as it wouldn't advance them nor hurt them no matter the outcome if Cincy wins. They tried to weasel out of the Troy game last week and constantly _____ed about our having more rest time.
    so to answer your question, yes i think Coastal plays, not because the conference forces them, but because ccu would find a way to make it work. we are not in disagreement about ccu. what i have been saying is those blaming the conference for letting ccu do what they did, is not a reasonable place to lay blame.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information