Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts

Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I get what you saying about CCU, but what do you expect from the SBC? what realistic options could any league do to pressure a member publicly saying they got Covid issues? Real question, what would you do if your running things?
    Make them play or forfeit.

Acc possibly costing themselves two spots? Maybe ccu was right.... Then magically ok for non champs to enter back in to the mix

Today is a prime example of why Covid Carolina flopped. Oklahoma avenged their loss to ISU and Clemson is tearing ND a new one.

Last edited by DieHard 1280; December 19th, 2020 at 07:04 pm. Reason: I can't spell

4. Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Today is a prime example of why Covid Carolina flopped. Oklahoma avenged their loss to ISU and Clemson is tearing ND a new one.
    Point taken.

Then again, I don't think anyone ever accused them of flopping for non-selfish reasons.

Covid Carolina was running out of gas and the coaches knew that...they also knew they couldn't win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    But did they? There are countless schools that have dealt with multiple positive tests (not just one, as with Coastal) and they were able to play the games. How? These programs (including ours) properly executed the "distancing protocols" and therefore were not subject to losing large swaths of players due to the contact tracing mandate. If it is in fact true that these players (all of the D-Lineman on the roster) should properly be declared ineligible to play due to contact tracing (player contact with the D-line coach that tested positive on Thursday after a negative test Wednesday), this is the fault of the Coastal Carolina football program for failure to execute the proper procedures and constraints.

Do I think that the contact tracing mandate was violated with all of their D-Lineman? My "guess" is that they did not violate this mandate and that they simply do not want this game for a plethora of reasons (including Chadwell's contract tracing ... pun intended). And in a day and age when the public is hypersensitive about Covid, the Coastal program is not going to be held to account (and asked the hard questions) for making the decision that they did. There are people out there that simply want the economy and all activity to cease ... and this plays right into all of it.

Thus, if the contact tracing mandate was legitimately violated, then this is the fault and responsibility of the Coastal football program. As such, Coastal Carolina is to blame regardless of what you believe happened.

Another opinion of mine ... if the Sun Belt had the championship game rules instituted by the Pac-12 (meaning App State would be playing the Cajuns in the title game if Coastal was unavailable to play), I have no doubt that we would be playing this game against Coastal Carolina this afternoon.

Brian
    So well said! Thanks!

7. Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Its on both, the SBC was complicit.
    Yes, they were. Our players and coaches were denied an opportunity they earned. The conference and CCU both look bad.

Bad day:
    We get screwed by toasted carolina
    NW loses
    ISU loses
    ND loses
    Ole miss loses
    Now if
    Florida and Tulsa lose, my day will 100% suck

9. Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    Bad day:
    We get screwed by toasted carolina
    NW loses
    ISU loses
    ND loses
    Ole miss loses
    Now if
    Florida and Tulsa lose, my day will 100% suck
    ....add Trump to my woes!......speaking of getting screwed!

So far so good in the Tulsa Cincinnati game.

Geaux Cincy!

Not sure coastal was completely selfish. They have better shot at finishing ahead of cincy or tulsa than we did. So that would unselfishly give all sunbelt members a higher payout than us whooping them and cincy still going to ny 6 would have

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Not sure coastal was completely selfish. They have better shot at finishing ahead of cincy or tulsa than we did. So that would unselfishly give all sunbelt members a higher payout than us whooping them and cincy still going to ny 6 would have
    To hell with the payout, the primary goal has always been to win the Conference Championship. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake! Chances were if Tulsa beat Cincinnati, the UL/Coastal winner would more than likely get the NY6 Bowl game! Frick Coastal!!!

Cincy has a legit argument for top 4 with a win

14. Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    History does not remember the money.

Nor does it remember the hyphen ......except in our name

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information