Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts

Default Re: Your Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    I just put this in another thread and now I'm going to put it here since you're asking for my thoughts.

OK, here's justice: Cinncinnatti beats Tulsa today. The chickensh_ts get sent to New Orleans as sbc champions to kick the dog sh_t out of the nechs, and we go to the Cure Bowl to play UCF!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    Nola bowl would still be same amount of days away from the game they couldnt play. So how can they travel before the quarantine is over?

Default Re: Your Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Not so sure....they _____ed and moaned about ohio state playing in title game so seems some would approve of their decision if not influenced it
    Ah, but while the SBC bailed on their CCG, the big boys are playing. Watch CCU drop in the poll.

The SMARTEST team playing a “meaningless game” is Texas A&M. Cards may fall their way.

Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

I would love to see the bowls shun them by saying they cant chance the team not being able to perform

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Your Thoughts

Nola bowl would still be same amount of days away from the game they couldnt play. So how can they travel before the quarantine is over?
    It would shock me if those excuses didn't find a way to go to ANY bowl game no matter when it is.

Its true that "hurt people" hurt people! ya'll are angry at everyone and blaming everyone, IMO unjustly. Truth is Louisiana got screwed out of the biggest opportunity in its history, and our fans realize that and are venting from that.
    However, under todays environment with Covid-19, no one is going to hold a microscope to challenge the degree of someone claiming Covid issues. can this be used as a strategic move for someones benefit, sure it can and probably has been earlier this year, and maybe this weekend by Coastal. Again, sucks for us.
    The Sun Belt made a decision weeks ago how they would handle if the championship game could not be play along with every FBS conference. its well know the SBC closely follows the SEC with rules. people mad at SBC rules would really be mad if they used the ACC rules and declared Coastal the champ by virtue of regular season. just because the Pac-12 rules would have worked out better for Louisiana dont mean it would have been better for the conference as some think. the SBC will always be more like the SEC than the pac-12.
    There is no reason to play coastal this season now that we are both co-champs. this is a lose for us to some degree, because IT WAS NOT GAURENTEED TO BE NY6 for us. people talk as if we were a lock and coastal took that away. we had a chance if things went our way, that is all, beyond that, we would be where we are now. co-champs feels week, but this short term lose for Louisiana can be a big building block for a conference that is quickly growing rivalries, brands, and drama. We can now add Coastal to App St. and Ark St as those rivalries to look forward to kicking their teeth in.
    Life and this 2020 season has not been fair. it really sucks when we are the ones on the not fair side of things. we need to keep out heads up high and keep building. dont let this turn our season sour. 9-1 , bowl game coming, top 25 ranking and setting up a pre-season 2021 ranking. Geaux Cajuns

If UL would have won the CC game early in the season, We would be undefeated. With this covid issue, would CC still cancel the game because of covid? I would say not.

You’re right about a rivalry. This is the stuff that rivalries are built on. I’m surprised at myself, actually. I’m a semi rational adult and I’ve been legitimately angry since the news broke. The more it read and analyze the situation, the angrier I get. I know a casual coastal fan and I’m scared to talk to them in case it comes up and I get way to into it for them.

There is actual hatred brewing. Got to love sports, huh?

“we cant effectively continue to investigate the title ix violations from a safe distance of six feet away”

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    If UL would have won the CC game early in the season, We would be undefeated. With this covid issue, would CC still cancel the game because of covid? I would say not.
    they would have already been in lafayette if they kept same announcement timeline

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Heck, USC played “replacement” Oregon. And lost.

When my kids played his sports, there was smack “It’s ok to say you’re scared”. CCU fix was in as soon as the final whistle at Troy. It’s ok SBC and Costal, just say it.
    thanks for posting, i didnt know about that....got me interested in reading further, found this tidbit that could have been copied: Oregon was initially scheduled to play Colorado on Saturday, Dec. 19 in the same Los Angeles venue in case Washington or USC were forced to withdraw from the title game on short notice. (also notes that it says this ends washington season) not sure if by rule or choice?

thanks for posting, i didnt know about that....got me interested in reading further, found this tidbit that could have been copied: Oregon was initially scheduled to play Colorado on Saturday, Dec. 19 in the same Los Angeles venue in case Washington or USC were forced to withdraw from the title game on short notice. (also notes that it says this ends washington season) not sure if by rule or choice?
    by choice. Washington opted out bowl game consideration. most p5 are not interested in bowls this season when nothing on the line, losing records and no fans. everyone is operating from whats most benefits them. its life in 2020

12. Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

If a school is knowingly, provably or questionably violating Covid-19 protocols. ... wouldn't any bowl committee shy away from inviting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If a school is knowingly, provably or questionably violating Covid-19 protocols. ... wouldn't any bowl committee shy away from inviting them?
    Ohio State had 22 players out today with COVID and still played. CCU had 1 asst coach with COVID and they backed out of the championship game. We had 9 starters out when we played them. This is total BS and should not have been allowed. The SBC wanted a guarantee that media darling CCU would finish in the Top 10 and play in a big time bowl. This is still a bush league conference and that will never change. Damn, we should be playing right now. What a great
    exposure opportunity for the SBC and for UL & CCU lost.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Ohio State had 22 players out today with COVID and still played.
    That's what CHAMPIONS do. CCU did what CHUMPS (being nice) do.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Ohio State had 22 players out today with COVID and still played. CCU had 1 asst coach with COVID and they backed out of the championship game. We had 9 starters out when we played them. This is total BS and should not have been allowed. The SBC wanted a guarantee that media darling CCU would finish in the Top 10 and play in a big time bowl. This is still a bush league conference and that will never change. Damn, we should be playing right now. What a great
    exposure opportunity for the SBC and for UL & CCU lost.
    I get what you saying about CCU, but what do you expect from the SBC? what realistic options could any league do to pressure a member publicly saying they got Covid issues? Real question, what would you do if your running things?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information