Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts

Default Re: Your Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Agree. 1 coach tested positive and cancelled so much for this conference. I’m more sad than anything. So many people were excited for this game outside of us fans. Trust me.
    Tulsa wins tomorrow, I'd worry if I'm CCU. The powers that be can see thru bs. They're experts at it.

I know it won’t happen, but wouldn’t it be awesome if Tulsa wins tomorrow and the committee selects the SBC co-champ for the NY6 Bowl saying, “we had to select UL because we can’t take a chance inviting a team that cannot manage the COVID situation”!

Why didn't they just put is myrtle beach bowl. Bowl week for that one probably already started while we are there anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Tulsa wins tomorrow, I'd worry if I'm CCU. The powers that be can see thru bs. They're experts at it.
    Ok

It was the championship game, so the Sun Belt was already footing the bill on expenses for the game. That includes flights, hotel, ground transportation and a set amount for meals each day.

This is Upsetting Covidflop Carolina

People have been suggesting all sorts of reactions and retribution toward CCU.

Personally I like the coach who told his players, "The best payback is on the scoreboard."

Again, maybe the Ballchinians really did have the Covid situation they claimed. But to let our team fly up there, and announce, after landing, that the game was off?

That was a slap in the face. Not just to the football team, but to all of us. It was an insult to the athletic department, to UL, and to our fans and supporters across Louisiana & around the world.

UL was nationally humiliated.

So here is my invitation to all of our student athletes, in all sports: this is motivation. Protect your University.

Get payback on the scoreboard.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Your Thoughts

I just put this in another thread and now I'm going to put it here since you're asking for my thoughts.

OK, here's justice: Cinncinnatti beats Tulsa today. The chickensh_ts get sent to New Orleans as sbc champions to kick the dog sh_t out of the nechs, and we go to the Cure Bowl to play UCF!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    People have been suggesting all sorts of reactions and retribution toward CCU.

Personally I like the coach who told his players, "The best payback is on the scoreboard."

Again, maybe the Ballchinians really did have the Covid situation they claimed. But to let our team fly up there, and announce, after landing, that the game was off?

That was a slap in the face. Not just to the football team, but to all of us. It was an insult to the athletic department, to UL, and to our fans and supporters across Louisiana & around the world.

UL was nationally humiliated.

So here is my invitation to all of our student athletes, in all sports: this is motivation. Protect your University.

Get payback on the scoreboard.
    'Nuff said!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns

Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Coach Chapstick will be exposed. Did anyone else see his players pulling off our helmets at the bottom of the pile when we played them?

Coastal is about to run out of gas. If they get the NY6 bowl, a P5 team will biitttchh slap them from start to finish. Then we'll see what they're made of, which is not much of anything, just like their entire athletic department. Sorry, but there is no love lost this year for the conference "standard bearer" if they get to a NY6 bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Coastal is about to run out of gas. If they get the NY6 bowl, a P5 team will biitttchh slap them from start to finish. Then we'll see what they're made of, which is not much of anything, just like their entire athletic department. Sorry, but there is no love lost this year for the conference "standard bearer" if they get to a NY6 bowl.
    Cancelling this game cost us and the SBC a lot of national exposure today on ESPN GameDay. This last minute, bogus cancellation by CCU will end up hurting them at some point. Most can see right thru what they did to preserve an unbeaten season, national ranking and higher bowl. We can only hope that somehow we get paired with them in a bowl game.

The sad thing about this (besides the obvious to UL) is that the Sunbelt had made huge progress in the last 10 years. Pulling this stunt will set the conference back 20 years. If you want to dream of playing in / with the majors, then you can't perform like you're still in the minors. This is going to take a long time to recover from.

13. Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

After a night to digest all of this, I've come to a different thought. I don't blame CCU. They acted in the rules and just happen to get the benefit of the doubt...good for them.

My disappointment is with the conference. They could have used new 7 day CDC guidelines and rescheduled the game for Thursday, Christmas Eve. That's maximum conference exposure and the chance of bigger things for both teams.

As weird as 2020 has been, I can't imagine bowls nor working with SBC on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    After a night to digest all of this, I've come to a different thought. I don't blame CCU. They acted in the rules and just happen to get the benefit of the doubt...good for them.

My disappointment is with the conference. They could have used new 7 day CDC guidelines and rescheduled the game for Thursday, Christmas Eve. That's maximum conference exposure and the chance of bigger things for both teams.

As weird as 2020 has been, I can't imagine bowls nor working with SBC on this one.
    Couldn't disagree with you more. This is 100% on Coastal. They weasled out of the game and the SBC went along with it. We played them without several players earlier. To not blame them for this disgrace is ridiculous.

15. Default Re: Covidflop Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Couldn't disagree with you more. This is 100% on Coastal. They weasled out of the game and the SBC went along with it.
    Its on both, the SBC was complicit.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information