Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MBB G6 M2: Louisiana 73, New Orleans 63

1. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, New Orleans 63

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Au was supposed to be a big shooter. He hasn't shown that yet. He shot 41% from 3 last year in JUCO.

He had seven assists last night. He's distributing the ball better. He's also got a sore knee but played through it last night.
    I heard you say you noticed him favoring the knee coming off the floor in the first half.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, New Orleans 63

Au has become the defacto PG, a role I didn’t even realize he could play. That has helped Russell and Wilson tremendously as they get to play off ball when he is in the game. Last night was his best game thus far in my opinion, I’ll take 7 assists to 1 turnover from a starting PG any day. I’ll agree I would like to see him finish at the rim better when he does drive. Jay also mentioned in pre game that he dealing with a knee issue as well. Thomas has the potential to be a decent PG as well but he just needs some size, in a normal year he might be redshirting this year. It is good to see Gordon slowly come around. I hope he can gradually give more minutes. I know some may have expected more from him coming from a P5 program and top high school recruit but he has been riddled by injuries for a few years now. Some may not agree with this comparison but in a way his game reminds me a little of Justin Miller. You can tell there is a lot of skill there, but the athleticism is not quite on pace with it. Where Miller was hampered by his weight Gordon is hampered by that achilles and other injuries.

Au was supposed to be a big shooter. He hasn't shown that yet. He shot 41% from 3 last year in JUCO.

He had seven assists last night. He's distributing the ball better. He's also got a sore knee but played through it last night.
    I didn't realize he shot the ball like that in JUCO. His form is pretty bad so i just assumed he wasn't a very good shooter. He just flicks the ball and doesn't follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Au has become the defacto PG, a role I didn’t even realize he could play. That has helped Russell and Wilson tremendously as they get to play off ball when he is in the game. Last night was his best game thus far in my opinion, I’ll take 7 assists to 1 turnover from a starting PG any day. I’ll agree I would like to see him finish at the rim better when he does drive. Jay also mentioned in pre game that he dealing with a knee issue as well. Thomas has the potential to be a decent PG as well but he just needs some size, in a normal year he might be redshirting this year. It is good to see Gordon slowly come around. I hope he can gradually give more minutes. I know some may have expected more from him coming from a P5 program and top high school recruit but he has been riddled by injuries for a few years now. Some may not agree with this comparison but in a way his game reminds me a little of Justin Miller. You can tell there is a lot of skill there, but the athleticism is not quite on pace with it. Where Miller was hampered by his weight Gordon is hampered by that achilles and other injuries.
    I think it's reasonable to say the knee is affecting his shooting. Shooters gotta have their legs. We will see as the season progresses.

I think it's reasonable to say the knee is affecting his shooting. Shooters gotta have their legs. We will see as the season progresses.
    He will have almost 2 weeks off after the McNeese game so that should help.

Jay I didn’t get to hear the postgame. Can you recap what Coach Marlin said about Harper. When did he get to town, is he eligible now or when spring semester starts etc.

Jay I didn’t get to hear the postgame. Can you recap what Coach Marlin said about Harper. When did he get to town, is he eligible now or when spring semester starts etc.
    Enrolled in school Monday, is going thru COVID testing protocol now, should get on the practice court soon. Eligible right away.

8. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, New Orleans 63

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Enrolled in school Monday, is going thru COVID testing protocol now, should get on the practice court soon. Eligible right away.
    Actually I thought Coach mentioned last night that he has actually already practiced with the team. I could be wrong, but I thought that is what he said in Jay's interview.

Thanks for the info guys. I noticed him watching the game on tv last night sitting over near Wesley on the base line section of the socially distanced bench. I would think if he was still going through Covid protocol he wouldn’t be allowed to be be there but who knows.

Thanks for the info guys. I noticed him watching the game on tv last night sitting over near Wesley on the base line section of the socially distanced bench. I would think if he was still going through Covid protocol he wouldn’t be allowed to be be there but who knows.
    I may have misunderstood what marlin said, he mentioned COVID testing so he might have meant his covid tests were negative, thus allowing him to be there.

My knee was bothering me last night, so that along with no beer at the cajundome kept me at home.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Actually I thought Coach mentioned last night that he has actually already practiced with the team. I could be wrong, but I thought that is what he said in Jay's interview.
    He has not practiced yet. First practice will likely be Thursday with hope they can have him ready for first conference game on January 1.

Jay, any word on if Julien is still on track to return in January? WOuld be a huge boost.

AU is definitely playing out of position. He was recruited as a 2 guard, not a point. He was second team JUCO All American. In his freshman year he scored 27 In JUCO championship game. I think playing out of position is impacting his shot.

15. UL Basketball Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, New Orleans 63

Why don’t we have a couple of point guards? It’s not like we were banking a couple. Wesley is too short and has a serious foot injury that’s been ongoing. What other players are supposed to be point guards? Point guard arguably the most important position of a basketball team.

It’s not fair to defend AU being in the wrong position without addressing why he’s in that position.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information