Thread: Teams Cajun fans should pull for next week

UL Football Teams Cajun fans should pull for next week

In the order for the Cajuns to get into a New Years six game 2 things have to happen: Cajuns win and Tulsa win.

If we are to sneak in (long shot) even if cincy wins : Alabama wins which would knock Florida out of contention, Ohio st. Win, Iowa state win are must haves. The Lagniappe would be if Iowa, texas A&M, Indiana, Georgia, and USC all lost.... SEC and BIG 10 are playing conference games next weekend which could affect a few teams ahead of us. The funny thing is only a few New YearÂ’s Day bowls have a guaranteed conference slot and there are many at large bids. Cajuns need to finish in the top 12 to have a shot. This has been a crazy year and many things are possible next weekend... We must take care of our business and everything else will take care of itself.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Default Re: Teams Cajun fans should pull for next week

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    In the order for the Cajuns to get into a New Years six game 2 things have to happen: Cajuns win and Tulsa win.

If we are to sneak in (long shot) even if cincy wins : Alabama wins which would knock Florida out of contention, Ohio st. Win, Iowa state win are must haves. The Lagniappe would be if Iowa, texas A&M, Indiana, Georgia, and USC all lost.... SEC and BIG 10 are playing conference games next weekend which could affect a few teams ahead of us. The funny thing is only a few New YearÂ’s Day bowls have a guaranteed conference slot and there are many at large bids. Cajuns need to finish in the top 12 to have a shot. This has been a crazy year and many things are possible next weekend... We must take care of our business and everything else will take care of itself.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Florida may have already knocked themselves out by losing to A&M BR. I think Alabama will handle them easily.

If Cincy wins, it's over.

Jay's right, this is really simple. Bearcats win and regardless of our outcome, they're going to a NY6. My question, since UL game was moved up, will there be some scoreboard watching going on in Conway Twitty, SC

My bad, Cincy Tulsa is a night game, 7p. So, not much scoreboard watching.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    My bad, Cincy Tulsa is a night game, 7p. So, not much scoreboard watching.
    There will be some scoreboard watching at whatever bar we take over in Myrtle

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    There will be some scoreboard watching at whatever bar we take over in Myrtle
    Don't go there to watch the game, because space and TV's are at a premium, but Dirty Don's is a fun joint in Myrtle. In North Myrtle a great place to watch games would be Finn McCouls.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Don't go there to watch the game, because space and TV's are at a premium, but Dirty Don's is a fun joint in Myrtle. In North Myrtle a great place to watch games would be Finn McCouls.
    Sweet thanks Dave! Dirty dons is about 5 minutes from our hotel!

Great vibe, it is ton's of fun, but again really small and only a few TV's. I recommend hitting it for a beer or 10 and then moving on to a better place for football.

I had a tradition years ago, I would have to go to Myrtle every year for a convention. It was roughly 4 hours from my house to Myrtle, I would leave my house at around 4 AM, arrive in Myrtle at the Convention Center around 8. Set up my booth from 8 - 10:30, then head to Dirty Don's for Fried Catfish bites, 1lb of Peal and Eat Shrimp (extra spices) and a couple of cold adult beverages before the show started at 1 PM. The show would last until about 5 PM on the first day and then I would walk back over to Dirty Don's for a few more cold adult beverages.

I did this for about 7 years straight. Good times.

There are a couple of good sports bars not far from where you are going to be including Draft's, Broadway Louies and Liberty Tap Room. Also, just for your reference, there is a pretty good brewery in Myrtle Beach and their is only one. It is called New South Brewery. Their beers are pretty good. It is off the beaten path, but worth a stop for a beer as well.

Thanks and GEAUX Cajuns!!!!

Thanks for the tips. We’re staying down in South Myrtle near the airport.

11. Default Re: Teams Cajun fans should pull for next week

Well in that case, their are some great places nearer to Murrells Inlet. Which is about 10 miles from the Airport. If anyone is staying down that way, I would recommend Drunken Jack's or Wicked Tuna.

Try to stay away from Broadway at the Beach. It is a huge tourist trap, cool and fun, but not worth it.

Thread Information