Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MBB G5: Louisiana 61, Tech 56

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at home vs Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’ll happily have a slice of humble pie too. Turned it off a minute into the second, went play with the grandson. Healthier for me.

Minor melting on BnB. Mostly pictures of the tv setup in some trailer. Guess he’s watching the reaming TCU is laying on Tech at the same time as MBB.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...sh-on-Saturday

McNeese had Youngstown State cancel on them. You think we’ve played some weak sisters, MSU played programs I’ve never heard of.
    When are we playing McNeese? I thought we were at the 25 game limit considering we have played 5 games, have games against UNO/ VCU planned for next week, and have 18 conference games scheduled. Maybe because we went to Vegas we get an extra game as some tournament was involved with that.

Just found out VCU canceled our game which was scheduled for Friday on the road. McNeese has replaced them. That game will be next Saturday at 6 in the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Just found out VCU canceled our game which was scheduled for Friday on the road. McNeese has replaced them. That game will be next Saturday at 6 in the Dome.
    No surprise. VCU wanted out that 90k payday they owed us. Ranks right up there with a lot of the cancellations in football yesterday.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 61, Tech 56

I didn’t get a chance to watch the game until this morning. In my opinion one of the biggest differences in the tale of 2 halves was the reliance on the 3 in the first half. 1st half field goal attempts were 14 from 2pt range and 15 from 3. The 2nd half was 25 from 2pt range and 10 from 3. Some of that was from the change in defense creating some more transition baskets, but there was a clear transition in the game plan as well. There was a little 6-0 run at the beginning of the come back were they went inside and scored on 3 straight possessions I think. It also reversed the foul trouble from Akwuba to Lofton, eventually causing him to foul out. A big part of that was having Richards to be able to still attack down low while Akwuba was on the bench, he is turning into a fine young player. I agree on Dou’s outside shooting starting to become cringe worthy. He is now 2-14 from 3 on the season and 1 of those 2 was the lucky bank he got in the LSUA game. All in all a nice come back from dead win, per the ESPN win probability Tech was at 98% about 2 minutes in to the 2nd half.

5. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 61, Tech 56

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    ...per the ESPN win probability Tech was at 98% about 2 minutes in to the 2nd half.
    Louisiana taking a 2% chance of winning and WINNING has to be a big confidence builder.

6. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 61, Tech 56

I don’t believe in those stats ESPN subjects us to. Stats like that are not team and circumstance specific. There’s no way in hell I thought the DogKillers were most likely going to win! In fact I’d be more doubtful of winning if we had a 20 point lead vs Baylor with 12 minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I didn’t get a chance to watch the game until this morning. In my opinion one of the biggest differences in the tale of 2 halves was the reliance on the 3 in the first half. 1st half field goal attempts were 14 from 2pt range and 15 from 3. The 2nd half was 25 from 2pt range and 10 from 3. Some of that was from the change in defense creating some more transition baskets, but there was a clear transition in the game plan as well. There was a little 6-0 run at the beginning of the come back were they went inside and scored on 3 straight possessions I think. It also reversed the foul trouble from Akwuba to Lofton, eventually causing him to foul out. A big part of that was having Richards to be able to still attack down low while Akwuba was on the bench, he is turning into a fine young player. I agree on Dou’s outside shooting starting to become cringe worthy. He is now 2-14 from 3 on the season and 1 of those 2 was the lucky bank he got in the LSUA game. All in all a nice come back from dead win, per the ESPN win probability Tech was at 98% about 2 minutes in to the 2nd half.
    Very good analysis by Hatch.

Dou scares me any time he touches the ball more than 10 feet from the goal.

9. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 61, Tech 56

He’s a lot like Miller was in that you can almost always tell when he’s decided he’s going to try and score come he’ll or high water.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The thing that changed from the first half to the second half was simple. He had three starters back out there, especially Malik Wilson on defense. Agree that the first half performance was poor (and that is a kind term). Regardless of how many bench guys were out there, execution has to be better than that to beat any D1 team. However the main reason we looked so bad in first half was he sat Wilson, Gueye, and Awkuba as soon as each picked up their second foul. I know his philosophy is a player rarely plays in the first half after he picks up his second foul. However, tonight there was a real danger the deficit would be too large to make up. Most encouraging thing about tonight was the play of Isaiah Richards. 9 points with some key buckets. He also played much better defense in the first half than the second half. That kid is improving game to game which indicates good things are on the horizon as he is a pure freshman. You can win games by shooting 35 percent if you play good defense, rebound well, and make free throws We did all of those things in the second half.
    I totally agree on Richards; I thought his defense was very good (I actually thought the Cajuns played good defense as a whole); his rebounding was great and his scoring was an extra bonus.

The team drove to the basket in the second half; it looked like two different teams!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Dou scares me any time he touches the ball more than 10 feet from the goal.

Myself also.

On another thread it was pointed out ULM does not pay COA, one of nine FBS programs who don't. Who they are we dont know, but...

Found this gem earlier today on B&B.

"PawDawg---I think we did offer Wilson--but lost out from COA...ULL pays full COA, we dont..."

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...Saturday/page2

I don’t think COA was the total factor. Malik loved the campus and town on his official visit. Some of their fans claim they did not offer. I don’t believe that. How could you not offer a guy who was 3 star on most sites and 4 star on a few. He is our best overall player and reason we were so far behind at halftime last night is because he missed most of that period.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    On another thread it was pointed out ULM does not pay COA, one of nine FBS programs who don't. Who they are we dont know, but...

Found this gem earlier today on B&B.

"PawDawg---I think we did offer Wilson--but lost out from COA...ULL pays full COA, we dont..."

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...Saturday/page2
    Saw that too. Wonder how they are able to be competitive, as much as they are?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Saw that too. Wonder how they are able to be competitive, as much as they are?
    Competitive!!!!!! Did you watch and see how TCU dismantled them last night? I looked at the sideline to see if Jerry Baldwin was coaching!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information