Thread: Napier discusses two aspects of intentional safety scenario that he'd change in hindsight

1. UL Football Napier discusses two aspects of intentional safety scenario that he'd change in hindsight

It was the coaching decision heard around the world … or at least the college football world.

Leading 24-19 with 1:51 left at Appalachian State last Friday, the UL Ragin’ Cajuns shocked the national television audience when quarterback Levi Lewis ran backward 35 yards to take an intentional safety to get the Mountaineers within a field goal at 24-21.

Default Re: Napier discusses two aspects of intentional safety scenario that he'd change in hindsight

Very good article and it explained all the situations I was concerned with.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Default Re: Napier discusses two aspects of intentional safety scenario that he'd change in hindsight

I said that night should put Peter LeBlanc in the wildcat formation flanked by any one of the 3 running backs and let him quick kick it if no one goes deep. Chances are you get App to burn their last time out. If they do put some one deep and you don't the O line covering a punt, then you can take a delay of game and run the play with levi out the back of the end zone. I had opportunities to see the kid punt in high school and he was very above average. Could have easily flipped the field 35 to 45 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Very good article and it explained all the situations I was concerned with.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I agree....not just coach speak, but good info to try to understand all the thoughts behind the wild game.

Thread Information