Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey Ragas a Raider

1. NFL, NBA, MLB Trey Ragas a Raider

Senior running back Trey Ragas has been invited to the participate in the 2021 East-West Shrine Bowl, it was announced on Monday. Although the game has been canceled due to COVID-19, participants are still receiving a formal invitation.

This is the second consecutive season the Ragin' Cajuns will have representation at the nation's oldest collegiate all-star game after Kevin Dotson and Ja'Marcus Bradley, both of which are currently on active NFL rosters, played in the contest last year.

Ragas has been stellar all season, boasting 660 rushing yards on 117 carries with a team-high nine rushing touchdowns. His nine rushing scores rank 20th nationally and second in the Sun Belt Conference, while his yardage total ranks 35th in the nation.

In his career, the senior back has produced 3,474 yards on the ground, the third-most in school history, and 37 rushing touchdowns, good for sixth in program history.

He has also been efficient in the passing game, with nine catches for 106 yards and two scores in 2020, improving his career passing stats to 49 catches for 427 yards and five receiving touchdowns.

The 96th annual East-West Shrine Bowl had been scheduled for January 23, 2021, at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida. The student-athletes will participate in various virtual training/informational drills with current NFL coaches and members of the NFL Operations staff. Some 2021 all-stars will also participate in various virtual experiences with Shriners Hospitals for Children patients in recognition of the game's nearly century-long commitment to supporting the health care system's life-changing mission.

The most recent East-West Shrine Bowl, played this past January, currently boasts more than 100 members of its roster on NFL rosters this fall. Thousands of East-West Shrine Bowl players have gone to the NFL in the past century, including 78 who went on to be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Some of the many college all-stars who played in past games include Tom Brady, Gale Sayers, John Elway, Lawrence Taylor, Pat Tillman, Brett Favre, Dick Butkus, Mike Ditka, Frank Gifford and Roger Staubach.

NFL, NBA, MLB Trey Ragas a Raider

Ragas is gone. Opting for the NFL. Must be true, I saw it on Facebook....

4. NFL, NBA, MLB Re: Trey Ragas

After a successful career at the University of Louisiana, Trey Ragas declared for the NFL draft on Thursday, thanking all those who helped him get there.

Posting a message on social media, Regas, a senior for the Louisiana football team, was grateful for the opportunity to wear the Vermilion red and white on Saturdays.

“I will forever be grateful for the endless love and support you have shown me over the past five years,” Regas wrote. “It has truly been an honor to represent Louisiana.”

5. Default Re: Trey Ragas

We’ve been privileged to have the opportunity to watch your skills and hard work. Thanks again for coming to Louisiana.

6. NFL, NBA, MLB Trey Ragas

Trey Ragas' Louisiana statistics.

Default Re: RB depth

Ragas was my favorite of the 5 on Boomer's list. He always, always went down slow.

8. Default Re: RB depth

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Ragas was my favorite of the 5 on Boomer's list. He always, always went down slow.
    I might agree with you about his bowling ball style shucking tacklers left and right. He’s also proven elusive, and also too many times taken down with apparent ease by a single tackler. That just says he’s not Superman

10. Default Re: RB depth

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I think people are highly underating trey ragas
    I agree

11. Default Re: Trey Ragas

TOP 3 Power Backs at UL (My Opinion and recent history)--No particular order

Kenyon Cotton
    Alonzo Harris
    Trey Ragas

Top 3 Combo backs

Elijah Mitchell
    Elijah McGuire
    Tyrell Fenroy

Top 3 Speed Backs

Chris Smith
    Ike Taylor
    Raymond Calais

I could add a few others to this list, I am only considering from 1988-present, because that is my only time frame for Cajun football.

Here is a list of the others that could fit in these categories (you place them if you would like).

Travis Smothers (Speed, Warrick Dunn's brother.)
    Marcus Prier (TCU transfer, had a couple of 200 yard games)
    Darren Brister (played on some pretty bad teams)

and we also had a couple of QB's that could run the ball pretty well, but I did not consider them.

Jerry Babb, Brian Mitchell and Michael Desormeaux.

12. NFL, NBA, MLB NFL Scouting Report: Trey Ragas - Running Back Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Overview:
    It seems like every draft cycle we find running backs who go on Day 3 or are undrafted that look like future starters as early as their debut season in the NFL. Ragas is a good candidate to be one of those players.

13. Default Re: NFL Scouting Report: Trey Ragas - Running Back Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Sleeper

Default Re: NFL Scouting Report: Trey Ragas - Running Back Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

I could see him being a Pierre Thomas type of impact player in the right situation.

15. NFL, NBA, MLB Trey Ragas a Raider

The jury is still out on whether former UL running back Trey Ragas will be selected in this year’s NFL draft.

Getting players taken in the NFL draft may not be an annual thing for the Ragin’ Cajuns program, but it’s getting there.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information