Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Two new coaches next year in the FUNBELT

Default Re: Two new coaches next year in the FUNBELT

I am in a SC sports bar outside Columbia right now watching the beamer press conference. Those here, half dozen (it is 3pm on a Monday).All wanted Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I am in a SC sports bar outside Columbia right now watching the beamer press conference. Those here, half dozen (it is 3pm on a Monday).All wanted Napier
    S.Car guy in my office. Said 1 particular booster posted 51% of the buyout and wanted Beamer. Money talks.

Sounds like US during the Authemont days.

Quote Originally Posted by dg71 View Post
    i have a good friend who played ball at ULM. I called him before we played them and asked what the hell is going on up there? He said the athletic department was severely in debt, they had a president that did not put any emphasis on athletics and the talk was they were moving down.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    With ULM very likely going to FCS, SBC quite frankly needs to force this.go to 12 by adding USM, Liberty and #3 being UAB or Marshall or Rice. Then lock the doors. Toss the key in trash.
    I agree. Add USM to replace ULM. We NEED a presence in Houston and Rice gives us that. Would certainly be my vote.

Just for the fun of playing around with this, would need another school to go to 12, UAB, Liberty or Marshall. Go to 14 to add all 3, which would make for 2 strong regional divisions, a strong national conference, gives everyone travel partners, and decimates C-USA. Would normally welcome LA Tech instead of UAB, especially as a travel partner for Ark State, but they are such a-holes and would always fight us on our name, so the hell with them. Besides, it would be them or UAB. One of them would be the odd man out.

West - UL, Rice, Texas State, USM, USA, Ark State, UAB
    East - Troy, GA State, GA Southern, Coastal, App State, Liberty, Marshall

If you want to stay at 12, add USM, Rice and UAB. Liberty and Marshall would be the outliers.

West - UL, Rice, Texas State, USM, USA, Ark State
    East - Troy, UAB, GA State, GA Southern, Coastal, App State

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I agree. Add USM to replace ULM. We NEED a presence in Houston and Rice gives us that. Would certainly be my vote.

Just for the fun of playing around with this, would need another school to go to 12, UAB, Liberty or Marshall. Go to 14 to add all 3, which would make for 2 strong regional divisions, a strong national conference, gives everyone travel partners, and decimates C-USA. Would normally welcome LA Tech instead of UAB, especially as a travel partner for Ark State, but they are such a-holes and would always fight us on our name, so the hell with them. Besides, it would be them or UAB. One of them would be the odd man out.

If you want to stay at 12, add USM, Rice and UAB. Liberty and Marshall would be the outliers.

The only advantage I see to 12 members over 10 members is that my rule you need 12 institutions to have a conference playoff. However, the conference has an exemption to that rule anyway. I can’t imagine why you would want to stretch the slim dollars any slimmer.

I like this breakdown.

What comes around goes around for LA Tech.
    Don’t need ya, don’t want ya LA Tech. Lay in your made bed.

Y'all are ignoring the 2 elephants in the room, UTA and LR.

The SBC presidents don't have the cajones to force them out by requiring football for membership. Thus, if ULM were to leave, we'll only add one, probably USM.

Does anyone think that Tim Rebowe would take the ULM job? I would hope not, but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Does anyone think that Tim Rebowe would take the ULM job? I would hope not, but stranger things have happened.
    Why leave a team to go to a team you could beat?? And the athletic budgets are about the same. ULM will be in the south land soon enough. Basically a lateral move. Hahahahaha

10. Default Re: Two new coaches next year in the FUNBELT

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Not just no. But fk no

Are there any bargains out there on the "scratch and dented" coaches aisle? Normally the Monrovians get their coaches from the Discount Coaches Network.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Y'all are ignoring the 2 elephants in the room, UTA and LR.

The SBC presidents don't have the cajones to force them out by requiring football for membership. Thus, if ULM were to leave, we'll only add one, probably USM.
    Elephants? I see them as mice. We don't need them. We do need an all sports conference whether we stay at 10 or go to 12 or 14, IMO.

Elephants? I see them as mice. We don't need them. We do need an all sports conference whether we stay at 10 or go to 12 or 14, IMO.
    I promise, I am not being a smart ___ when I ask "Why? Why do we need an all sports conference? What have we gained?"

What is the reason why they think Napier didn’t picked up as their coach?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Steve Campbell at USA is out as is Matt Viator at ULM.

I feel bad for Viator, he is a good coach, should never have taken the ULM job.
    You’re right. His record at McNeese speaks for itself. Nobody has a chance at ULM with that budget.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information