Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajun field attendance

UL Football Cajun field attendance

If there was no covid this year with the success of the football team do any of you guys think that all home games would have been sell outs?

2. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

I think it would break all records for attendance......just like baseball and basketball....the Ws bring the folks!

Default Re: Cajun field attendance

32K at homecoming.

We are not selling out unless it's an instate opponent and both teams are having a good year. None of the SBC teams travel well. Visiting teams may bring 500 fans to Cajun Field.

4. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

idothinkitwouldhavebeenasellout.

Because of perception, the home game against App State would have definitely been a sellout.

Winning breads curiosity and people who have never considered going to LA game would have been there with bells on.

Of course the Iowa State game would have never happened so we still would not have known much about the team going into the first App State game.

We didn’t play app at home this year.

6. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We didn’t play app at home this year.
    I wasn't clear.

My preseason prediction was we would be playing them in two weeks for the SBC Championship.

It would have been a sell out.

Sorry. Yes

Sorry. I am negative on filling up Cajun Field. I would love to be proven wrong though! History has not been kind to us on this.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Sorry. I am negative on filling up Cajun Field. I would love to be proven wrong though! History has not been kind to us on this.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Unfortunately I agree with you. Bring a ranked opponent to Cajunfield or a good Marching Band and the locals get involved. Any Sunbelt opponent and the interest is weak. This year is incredible, so hopefully next year will break the old way of thinking. If we have App State and Coastal go to Lafayette next year and COVID is under control I think we will be close.

Next year given what is coming back will be the litmus test. I am going to add 2 Season Tickets just because. The evil empire is imploding. We should average upper 20s at a minimum

I think we would have averaged 20-25k for the year.

12. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If there was no covid this year with the success of the football team do any of you guys think that all home games would have been sell outs?
    I’m going to answer a question you didn’t ask. Is live attendance going to survive? Costs a fortune to not have great seats. Admittedly part of the game day atmosphere is packed stadiums. With today’s big screens, and sophisticated sound you about a half dozen can have a blast at home. I’m thinking the Wuhan has seriously damaged live attendance that has been lagging for years.

I will ALWAYS rather be at the stadium until the day I can't find anyone to roll my decrepit ___ to my seat. Nothing beats being there. IMO FWIW

Problem is the more people at the game the worse the experience is. Lines are long staff is overwhelmed. People in your seats. So on and so on. So a lot of fair weather fans have been there for big games and now won’t go because its a hassle.

I won’t lie. I attend them all. But it’s a lot easier when there’s 10,000 there. I can get beer and leak during a commercial break. When there’s 30,000 you’re going to miss a quarter of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Problem is the more people at the game the worse the experience is. Lines are long staff is overwhelmed. People in your seats. So on and so on. So a lot of fair weather fans have been there for big games and now won’t go because its a hassle.

I won’t lie. I attend them all. But it’s a lot easier when there’s 10,000 there. I can get beer and leak during a commercial break. When there’s 30,000 you’re going to miss a quarter of the game.
    ____ at half and bring your own Woodford or Colonel Taylor. Problem solved. I know you're not THAT soft, JMV

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information