Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cajun field attendance

Default Re: Cajun field attendance

I actually have friends who have attended with me but asked to go to games that aren’t as crowded for the reasons I said. My dad has stayed home for big games before. When they’re all on tv it does factor in big time. I like being there. I’m sure the refs could hear me from home but I know they can hear me in the stadium. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    ____ at half and bring your own Woodford or Colonel Taylor. Problem solved. I know you're not THAT soft, JMV
    Unfortunately, I’m a beer drinker. I don’t know what those even are. The first southern game I never left my seat.

____ at half and bring your own Woodford or Colonel Taylor. Problem solved. I know you're not THAT soft, JMV
    I am JMV you talking to the wrong guy bro.

4. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

Identity Crisis

5. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Identity Crisis
    Does the first "t" go with Iden or ity

6. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Does the first "t" go with Iden or ity
    Definitely the ity

7. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

So you consider yourself a typical fan? The numbers suggest you are not in a majority. Plenty of times the stadium is over half empty. And it’s getting worse not better. There’s plenty softies out there and not enough like you.

I have always thought and said for that matter that there are two ways to bring in the 35k+ crowds.
    1. Bring in a top P5 school (Alabama, Florida, Clemson, Notre Dame...). People would flock to see a big time program play on our own field, especially if we have a chance to pull the upset.

2. Play those same top P5 schools at their place and whoop that butt. People would again flock to our stadium to see the team that just beat that top P5 program on the road. It wouldn't matter who we were playing at home then.

There is a 3rd way to fill this stadium, but it pains me to say it for obvious reasons....bring LaSU in.

I think attendance would have been in the upper 20k's this year had it not been for Covid. Though we wouldn't have played Iowa St., we would have started with Missouri...and Wyoming. And I think we would have beat both those two teams also. Not sure if we would have had the ranking we have now, but we would definitely have had the same amount of wins we do now. IMO that is.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

9. Default Re: Cajun field attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I have always thought and said for that matter that there are two ways to bring in the 35k+ crowds.
    1. Bring in a top P5 school (Alabama, Florida, Clemson, Notre Dame...). People would flock to see a big time program play on our own field, especially if we have a chance to pull the upset.

2. Play those same top P5 schools at their place and whoop that butt. People would again flock to our stadium to see the team that just beat that top P5 program on the road. It wouldn't matter who we were playing at home then.

There is a 3rd way to fill this stadium, but it pains me to say it for obvious reasons....bring LaSU in.

I think attendance would have been in the upper 20k's this year had it not been for Covid. Though we wouldn't have played Iowa St., we would have started with Missouri...and Wyoming. And I think we would have beat both those two teams also. Not sure if we would have had the ranking we have now, but we would definitely have had the same amount of wins we do now. IMO that is.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
    Interesting.

Makes sense.

Marshall beat no one but app and was ranked ahead of coastal and us till they lost. So I think regardless off the schedule, once you’re 6-7 and 0 you’re going to be ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Problem is the more people at the game the worse the experience is. Lines are long staff is overwhelmed. People in your seats. So on and so on. So a lot of fair weather fans have been there for big games and now won’t go because its a hassle.

I won’t lie. I attend them all. But it’s a lot easier when there’s 10,000 there. I can get beer and leak during a commercial break. When there’s 30,000 you’re going to miss a quarter of the game.
    Crowds bring excitement that is different from the game excitement; many people want to be "where the action is".

You are right that it is easier to get around when there is nobody in your way. Dr. Maggard will make sure the stadium is prepared when we can fill it again!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Definitely the ity
    Most definitely! In fact I will say it takes two to tango!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information