Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bowl game projections

Default Re: Bowl game projections

Beat Coastal. let the bowl chips fall wherever they want. Greatest year ever to be a Cajun!

if we are a one loss team in regular season, I will be ____ed with a New Orleans bowl, while 3 and 4 win teams go to higher profile bowls

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    if we are a one loss team in regular season, I will be ____ed with a New Orleans bowl, while 3 and 4 win teams go to higher profile bowls
    All about the tie-ins that conferences have with the respective bowls.

Again, outside of the playoffs, bowls teams are not selected on merit alone.

4. Default Re: Bowl game projections

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    All about the tie-ins that conferences have with the respective bowls.

Again, outside of the playoffs, bowls teams are not selected on merit alone.
    ----With the crazy year for finances I think the Money Bowl is importantwhere we get the dough and not spend it-----also we have moved ahead of the MWC so there should be more bucks coming in as we are also ahead of the Mac and the cellar dwelling CUSA ….also not having as many teams can increase the amount!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----With the crazy year for finances I think the Money Bowl is importantwhere we get the dough and not spend it-----also we have moved ahead of the MWC so there should be more bucks coming in as we are also ahead of the Mac and the cellar dwelling CUSA ….also not having as many teams can increase the amount!

All true Boomer.SBC a near lock for #2 G5 conf payout & with only 10 in SBC, math very favorable for.UL

CUSA @ 14 teams & in 5th G5 payout slot.ouch!

ESPN bowl match thing gets SBC pick1. NO is #2. Solution to more $ is beat Coastal!!!

If ULM drops out of SBC, I say we add one team(USM, Liberty, FAU, or Rice) and leave it at 10 for now. More money for each university.

I agree, I hope we trade USM for ULM. 10 schools in the conference only.

When do bowl invitation go out?

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Beat Coastal. let the bowl chips fall wherever they want. Greatest year ever to be a Cajun!
    Flagshippyness secured.

Would LOVE to have
    USM
    Rice
    And even
    LaTech
    In our conference.
    For those seeking vengeance , I warn “don’t cut off our noses despite our collective faces”
    Just beat them every year

It makes me sick to see our do nothing league head sit there and not try and position his teams into better bowl slots while 3 and 4 win teams are getting plush bowl games

12. Default Re: Bowl game projections

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    It makes me sick to see our do nothing league head sit there and not try and position his teams into better bowl slots while 3 and 4 win teams are getting plush bowl games
    You do realize that plush bowls are pre arrangements by contract.

and the ncaa has ruled that every school is bowl eligible no matter what. so be careful what we wish for because if we push for a “better” bowl than our tiein allows then nothing would stop the p5 teams that are greater in # than their tie ins to “move down” and bump other sunbelt teams out of our tie ins.

We are in the G5 ghetto. Worse, we are committed to our bowls. Only ESPN can decide whether they want to put is in a more marquee matchup.

Throw all the previous rules out the window, it's 2020.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information