Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bowl game projections

Default Re: Bowl game projections

How about the First Responder Bowl in Dallas? Its owned by ESPN. Scheduled on Sat, Dec 26th. Dallas is in our neck of the woods, sort of.

I would love a Dallas or Houston area bowl game. Most of our fans are in Houston, Dallas or South Louisiana.

Also, our bowl game will likely happen at least one week from the SBC. With logistics and covid concerns, no way we move on a bowl game with less than a week prep time.

I would expect the Lending Tree or Cure Bowl again. Without a PAC-12 representative this year, this would be the perfect year to accept the Independence Invite. Army vs UL would be a good one in Shreveport.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I would love a Dallas or Houston area bowl game. Most of our fans are in Houston, Dallas or South Louisiana.

Also, our bowl game will likely happen at least one week from the SBC. With logistics and covid concerns, no way we move on a bowl game with less than a week prep time.

I would expect the Lending Tree or Cure Bowl again. Without a PAC-12 representative this year, this would be the perfect year to accept the Independence Invite. Army vs UL would be a good one in Shreveport.
    I can’t imagine one of the conference tie in bowls not picking the Cajuns. Especially, if they are ranked. And they have first choice.

Cajuns vs army would be good.

I want elliswho but they won't make 0.500! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    I want elliswho but they won't make 0.500! lol
    I don’t think records have to be considered this year. You’ll get a 3 win P5 team in somewhere I suppose.

I heard this and it gave me pause.

Neither Billy nor the Cajuns have ruled out the NO Bowl even though it's four days after the SBC title game.

That's very interesting. I thought there was no way considering the travel back from Conway, recovery time from the game, and very little preparation time for the opponent. Also, I assume there are few or no game week activities?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    That's very interesting. I thought there was no way considering the travel back from Conway, recovery time from the game, and very little preparation time for the opponent. Also, I assume there are few or no game week activities?
    Yeah, because of the pandemic there is no pageantry for the bowl games, at least the minor ones.

Regardless of where we play, we'll go in the day before and come back after the game, just like a normal road game.

Heard from someone on campus that Camellia bowl was being mentioned for the Cajuns

Fungomery in December

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Yeah, because of the pandemic there is no pageantry for the bowl games, at least the minor ones.

Regardless of where we play, we'll go in the day before and come back after the game, just like a normal road game.
    Is it possible that we'll know the bowl game before the Coastal game?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Only the bowls that have been identified as continuing. No camelia, or Bahamas, Aloha, etc.
    Not to mention that records are out the door this year. A bowl will take a 3-7 LSU over a 9-1 UL any day.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Not to mention that records are out the door this year. A bowl will take a 3-7 LSU over a 9-1 UL any day.
    Bull crap. Not this year. They are a gd dumpster fire. We were the media darling for the first 3 weeks of the year and are one of the hottest brands in the country RIGHT NOW. If coastal beats Troy and we beat coastal we will be border line top 10. Plus the attendance BS is out of the window this year. We would bring just as many fans to a bowl game as LSU would.

Looks like there is no ranking cut offthey have to take at least one g5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information