Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: 12/5/20 Games of Interest +Coastal

Default Re: Final: #18 Coastal 22, #13 BYU 17

Coastal has to beat Troy to stay ranked. Lol

Cincinnati plays Tulsa Saturday. If Tulsa wins coastal would be in the ny6 drivers seat. If that situation would arise, be prepared to beat coastal and the fix on the 19th. The sunbelt will be pulling hard for coastal. I Don’t think winning would get us in the ny6.

3. Default Re: Games of Interest 12/5/20

When was the last time a Sunbelt team had a win over a P5 team playing for its conference title?

4. Default Re: Games of Interest 12/5/20

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    When was the last time a Sunbelt team had a win over a P5 team playing for its conference title?
    I think we just saw the first.

In normal years come December, everyone is deep into conference play, with very few out of conference games.

This might be the first opportunity ever.

I think we absolutely will have a shot at the NY6 auto bowl bid if we win SBC championship and Cincy loses to Tulsa. That would give us two wins over top 25 teams with our loss being revenged to Coastal.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I think we absolutely will have a shot at the NY6 auto bowl bid if we win SBC championship and Cincy loses to Tulsa. That would give us two wins over top 25 teams with our loss being revenged to Coastal.
    That’s what I’m saying. If not us, then CC.

Default Re: 12/5/20 Games of Interest +Coastal

Guys. if you look at the schedule for AAc closely. Cincy and Tulsa play (2) times in the next two weeks. Tulsa winning twice gives them essentially (2) wins over ranks "teams". 1-1 versus Cincy would eliminate them but elevate the Bearcats....

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Guys. if you look at the schedule for AAc closely. Cincy and Tulsa play (2) times in the next two weeks. Tulsa winning twice gives them essentially (2) wins over ranks "teams". 1-1 versus Cincy would eliminate them but elevate the Bearcats....
    Yup, that's why we needed Navy to beat Tulsa yesterday. If Tulsa goes 2-0 vs Cincinnati, then I guarantee they will be ranked ahead of us

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Wow. I don’t what to think about this or even how they would evaluate win win, win loss, loss win for these two.

I think regardless. AAC gets the auto bid now after seeing that. Best hope is they split???? Or Cincy wins both and Cincy gets in CFP which won’t happen.

CFP #1 Alabama is headed to the SEC Championship against #6 Florida. So one of these will be dropped from the TOP 4. #3 OSU will likely get in since they have NO competition in the B10. #2 ND and #4 Clemson play for the ACC title so one will get cut. Texas A&M is scheduled to face Ole Miss (4-4) and Tennessee (1-7). I don't know that there's enough evidence to put them in the top 4. Given these, I'd say Cincy beating Tulsa twice would give them the opportunity to get into TOP 4. But this week's rankings should tell the tale.

Keep in mind also, TAMU only has (1) win against a TOP25 opponent (41-38 against Florida). Bearcats have a win against #16 SMU and could be looking at a win against #24 Tulsa x 2. Of course, a loss to Cincy may remove Tulsa from the rankings altogether. So, who to pull for is a toss up. I still believe that a CINCY win out could be enough to push them into the TOP 4 if Alabama destroys Florida and Notre Dame and pop Clemson again. OSU plays Michigan next weekend. Fingers crossed. 6-0 OSU? How do you rectify that?

13. Default Re: 12/5/20 Games of Interest +Coastal

That’s awesome.

14. Default Re: 12/5/20 Games of Interest +Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That’s awesome.
    .....Ok let’s suppose Cinn gets in the top 4.....Is the 6th place still reserved for a G5 school? Cause 2 Tulsa losses to Cinn and Louisiana over CC would put us there I think!

Boomer, that would be my thinking. UNLESS the P-5 trust says “one spot is enough” and they count Cincinnati’s spot in the CFP as payment of highest ranked G-5 to NYD-6

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information