Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: G10: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I herd he was practicing with a water logged ball on the sideline. Then a dry ball in the game.
    I will go with that explanation as it makes sense!

Now if you would only add an "a" you wouldn't be such a cow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I may be in minority here but I understood taking the Levi safety. There is an article on the ESPN website where coach explains his logic. What I don't understand is why we put the ball in the air on third and two. I can even understand calling a pass play but as soon as Levi sees it is not open, running straight ahead or taking a sack should have been an immediate reaction. Especially so, if you are going to take the safety on fourth down. That way, App is forced to take their last timeout prior to getting the ball back. On the missed FG at the end, a Cajun actually tipped the ball according to the ESPN article. That means the Cajuns won it more than App lost it. Someone told me that Big Sauce was the one who got a hand on it. I would like to see a slow motion replay where I can get a better look at the tip.
    I saw the tip. It was a great play.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Muscle memory being off from the waterlogged sideline ball is the first explanation that makes sense.
    Maybe all that time in the weightroom affected his muscle memory???

4. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Maybe all that time in the weightroom affected his muscle memory???
    Heeeyyyy. You might be on to something.

I saw the tip. It was a great play.
    I didn't understand the pass play either; make them use their last timeout.

6. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I didn't understand the pass play either; make them use their last timeout.
    ......Just think the % of people watching the game that thought we would run the ball (myself included).......ergo the pass....the qB sprint out!

The safety, to me wasn't a that bad of an idea, it was the 3 plays prior that I question, and to stop the clock was a colossal mess-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......Just think the % of people watching the game that thought we would run the ball (myself included).......ergo the pass....the qB sprint out!
    IMO, it was a poor qb decision to throw the pass instead of run rather than a bad call by coach. A qb run was effective all night. Also, what choice did he have on taking the safety? Another bad snap and we lose for sure. His decision gave us a chance to win or go into OT. Just lucky he missed the FG. Take away all of the unusual bad snaps and we win this easy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    IMO, it was a poor qb decision to throw the pass instead of run rather than a bad call by coach. A qb run was effective all night. Also, what choice did he have on taking the safety? Another bad snap and we lose for sure. His decision gave us a chance to win or go into OT. Just lucky he missed the FG. Take away all of the unusual bad snaps and we win this easy.
    How was the choice to throw the fault of the QB?

I could see a situation where we pooch kick the ball out of shotgun formation. I mean, LL should be able to kick the ball20-30 yards right? That way you are not giving them a tie with a FG.

10. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

How was the choice to throw the fault of the QB?

I could see a situation where we pooch kick the ball out of shotgun formation. I mean, LL should be able to kick the ball20-30 yards right? That way you are not giving them a tie with a FG.
    Not the choice to throw, but the choice to throw it away.

For more than one reason, taking a slide or a sack would have been preferable to stopping the clock.

Napier explained the decisions on the final drive in the conversation he had on the Great Scott show this morning. He said the 3rd down play was an example of an opportunity to improve coaching. I took it as his way of saying that Levi probably shouldn't have thrown the ball without actually throwing him under the bus.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...pier-(12-7-20)

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Napier explained the decisions on the final drive in the conversation he had on the Great Scott show this morning. He said the 3rd down play was an example of an opportunity to improve coaching. I took it as his way of saying that Levi probably shouldn't have thrown the ball without actually throwing him under the bus.

Or maybe he was saying that it was on him to have made the wrong call and he needed to improve his coaching. (decisions).

13. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post

I took the exchange as meaning we "play to win" thus the pass play on third, but that they could have done a better job of situational coaching ... sort of "If this then that"

Default Re: Live Game Talk: UL vs. App. State

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This was the pass that followed his 30 yard scramble run on first down.

His underthrowing a wide open Erroll Rogers deep downfield is directly related to tiredness after running the ball.

Plus the ball was heavier than normal.

jmo
    Not just heavier, it was cold and windy. It doesn't get any worse to spin it.

And App had the play covered. On ball, play was similar to the first TD Regas scored. At this point, as a not so great person once said, what does it matter...

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread Information