Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: G10: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    GG,

I always enjoy your analyses, they reflect a serious consideration of a lot of variables.

Some years back, it occurred to me that it might be advantageous to deliberately take a safety, in order to flip the field. About 3 weeks after that occurred to me, dang if Spurrier didn't do exactly that late in a game at UF, and just trust in his D to get them through. I don't remember who he was playing, but the 'Gators ended up winning the game.

So I will say that however much we might criticize this or that, Napier's decision to take a safety was *very* original thinking, maybe even more original than Spurrier's: it never occurred to me to intentionally take a safety to remove some uncertainty from a game. Being able to modify a highly stochastic situation is one of those critical considerations that doesn't often come up in basic game theory. Removing uncertainty has a value, although it can be really hard to calculate that value, because the uncertainty itself is hard to estimate.

So all other considerations aside, what I like in this is that Napier is no dumb jock.

I'll always be enthusiastic about a coach who is thinking about problems in innovative and unorthodox ways. Napier is that guy.
    First time I met Coach Napier I commented that he reminded me of a teacher. Obvious he grew up in a family with an educational background.

2. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    Charlie Fox?
    ........Ding ding ding.....we have a winner and I fully expected you to get it correct.....Merry Christmas!

3. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ........Ding ding ding.....we have a winner and I fully expected you to get it correct.....Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas and May God Bless You and Your Entire Family, Boomer!

I seem to remember being at a game at Cajun Field early in HUD’s tenure and the Cajuns taking a safety at the end of the game. Last night I couldn’t remember the exact situation.

Now I seem to remember it wasn’t that the Cajuns took a snap but QB(Broadway or maybe Gautier) ran backwards to the end zone to burn the last seconds off of the clock.

Anyone else remember this more clearly?

I think I remember the play you are talking about, I believe Broadway took the snap and went back and launched it as far as he could

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: UL vs. App. State

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Wow. Once again, a wide open WR, and can't complete a pass.
    This was the pass that followed his 30 yard scramble run on first down.

His underthrowing a wide open Erroll Rogers deep downfield is directly related to tiredness after running the ball.

Plus the ball was heavier than normal.

jmo

I know someone that was on the sideline. Said it rained the entire game. If you have any judgements of a QBs throwing performance in those conditions you should move 50 miles east.

8. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I know someone that was on the sideline. Said it rained the entire game. If you have any judgements of a QBs throwing performance in those conditions you should move 50 miles east.
    There have been and there will be more judgments on these boards. There are more judgements here than in the court house, especially on that subject.

20-4 as a starter in 2 years.
    Thomas considered one of the best sunbelt QBs in history couldn’t hold Levi’s jock Friday.

Levi won that game in that weather and scored more points than app gives up on defense.(18pg)

The Levi argument might be the worst argument in Cajun football history. Dudes a winner, and now that coach is letting him run, unstoppable.(till we’re up 14 and start playing to not lose)

10. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Thomas considered one of the best sunbelt QBs in history couldn’t hold Levi’s jock Friday.

Levi won that game in that weather and scored more points than app gives up on defense.(18pg)

The Levi argument might be the worst argument in Cajun football history. Dudes a winner, and now that coach is letting him run, unstoppable.(till we’re up 14 and start playing to not lose)��
    You are 100% absolutely correct.

LL was breaking ankles, kicking ___, and taking names Friday night.

12. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You are 100% absolutely correct.
    ....Anybody on here ever snap for punts?Just wondering about the weather and the effect on snaps....how many times did they punt?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....Anybody on here ever snap for punts?Just wondering about the weather and the effect on snaps....how many times did they punt?
    I herd he was practicing with a water logged ball on the sideline. Then a dry ball in the game.

14. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 24, App. State 21

I herd he was practicing with a water logged ball on the sideline. Then a dry ball in the game.
    Muscle memory being off from the waterlogged sideline ball is the first explanation that makes sense.

The Levi argument might be the worst argument in Cajun football history. Dudes a winner, and now that coach is letting him run, unstoppable.(till we’re up 14 and start playing to not lose)
    My prediction is that he will run wild in championship game.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread Information