Thread: Chris Spenkuch?

1. UL Basketball Chris Spenkuch?

Question about Chris. With all of the injuries (Kobe Julien, Jacobi Gordon, Trajan Wesley and Durey Cadwell), and us only dressing out 9 or 10 players, it is odd that Chris has not played in either of the first two games, in fact, a walk on in Kentrell Garnett actually has played minutes and Chris Spenkuch has not. Is he injured as well?

Default Re: Chris Spenkuch?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Question about Chris. With all of the injuries (Kobe Julien, Jacobi Gordon, Trajan Wesley and Durey Cadwell), and us only dressing out 9 or 10 players, it is odd that Chris has not played in either of the first two games, in fact, a walk on in Kentrell Garnett actually has played minutes and Chris Spenkuch has not. Is he injured as well?
    Not injured, probably should’ve been processed with the others this past offseason. He still struggles to pick up the offense, I wouldn’t expect to see him much at all this year. Should get some run against these two LSU schools though.

3. Default Re: Chris Spenkuch?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Not injured, probably should’ve been processed with the others this past offseason. He still struggles to pick up the offense, I wouldn’t expect to see him much at all this year. Should get some run against these two LSU schools though.
    So he is behind Kentrell Garnett? I just find that hard to believe.

He is the fourth big and the top three guys have played all the minutes. I don't think he is injured. Just has not been an opportunity to play him yet. The walkon is a wing guy. That may be why he has played more than Spenkuch

Agree that he is not behind Garnett, just a depth at forward issue. If you think back to all of the roster moves in the off season the last one was when they had the opportunity to bring Jacobi Gordon in and Javonne Lowery was asked to move on to free up a scholarship. At that time Akuwba was waiting on a waiver, Richards was waiting to be ruled eligible coming out of prep school, and of course Gordon needed a waiver as well. Gueye and Spenkuch were the only forwards certain to be able to play. I think Spenkuch was retained as an insurance policy in case some of those other things didn’t come through, other wise Lowery may been kept instead. Just speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Agree that he is not behind Garnett, just a depth at forward issue. If you think back to all of the roster moves in the off season the last one was when they had the opportunity to bring Jacobi Gordon in and Javonne Lowery was asked to move on to free up a scholarship. At that time Akuwba was waiting on a waiver, Richards was waiting to be ruled eligible coming out of prep school, and of course Gordon needed a waiver as well. Gueye and Spenkuch were the only forwards certain to be able to play. I think Spenkuch was retained as an insurance policy in case some of those other things didn’t come through, other wise Lowery may been kept instead. Just speculation on my part.
    This has backfired tremendously as it looks like Jacobi will not be playing anytime soon, if at all this year. I thought Lowery was going to be a good player for us. He played with some grit that we are missing right now.

No surprise here but I just noticed that Spenkuch is already officially in the transfer portal.

Thread Information