Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MBB G2 M1: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at UNO

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If I heard right, Marlin is 4-0 at The Lakefront Arena.
    Maybe with UNO but we have played quite a few SB tournaments there.

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at UNO

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Maybe with UNO but we have played quite a few SB tournaments there.
    Most of the SBC tournament games have been played at the Alario Center, not Lakefront Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Most of the SBC tournament games have been played at the Alario Center, not Lakefront Arena.
    Are you sure about that? I have not made every SBC Tournament game, but every one I have made has been played at Lakefront.

Lakefront

5. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I think you are wrong as both Richards and Thomas both did more off the bench than Butts. Gueye is a terrible basketball player mentally. Makes one good play and then goes 5 min without doing anything right. Richards looks like he can spell Awkuba, and Thomas I thought played well on the defensive end in the limited minutes he got.
    Hence the reason I said "YET". I think both Richards and Thomas looked lost in their few minutes last night. I think Butts is more polished and D-1 ready now, but may not have the upside of Thomas or Richards. Thomas to be honest does not look like he as a D-1 body right now, he needs to hit the weight room. I think they will both be fine, they just need more time to do so and more game experience. Butts' just looks more D1 ready.

Just my opinion. I hope I am wrong about Thomas and Richards. But at one point on defense I saw Thomas lost on who to guard and where to go on a screen switch.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at UNO

For some reason, I thought we played a number of them at the Alario Center. I could be wrong.

My bad.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

Hence the reason I said "YET". I think both Richards and Thomas looked lost in their few minutes last night. I think Butts is more polished and D-1 ready now, but may not have the upside of Thomas or Richards. Thomas to be honest does not look like he as a D-1 body right now, he needs to hit the weight room. I think they will both be fine, they just need more time to do so and more game experience. Butts' just looks more D1 ready.

Just my opinion. I hope I am wrong about Thomas and Richards. But at one point on defense I saw Thomas lost on who to guard and where to go on a screen switch.
    We didn't watch the same game then. Richards was good in his minutes. Thomas got a steal or too, did miss a 3, but the whole team can't shoot. Butts did nothing last night. He's the one with experience and he was not impressive at all.

8. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

We didn't watch the same game then. Richards was good in his minutes. Thomas got a steal or too, did miss a 3, but the whole team can't shoot. Butts did nothing last night. He's the one with experience and he was not impressive at all.
    Thomas has 0 steals on the season according to the stats. Between the two of them they have 1 rebound and two made baskets, both by Richards in 2 games, 1 steal (Richards) 1 assist (Richards) 2 Turnovers (1 each), Granted Thomas did not play vs Baylor.

Meanwhile Butts had 2 steals last night vs UNO.

9. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

Believe it or not the team is shooting 46% on the season (Granted Awkuba is carrying the team with a team leading 83.3% from the field), where we are horrendous is from 3 point land, where we are shooting a total of 23%.

And most of that is Mylik Wilson who is 1-7 and Gueye who is 0-4. As bad as Russell has looked he is actually 5-16 or 31% on the season, which is not as bad as I thought. I would have assumed he was around the 25 or lower %

10. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

I think you are wrong as both Richards and Thomas both did more off the bench than Butts. Gueye is a terrible basketball player mentally. Makes one good play and then goes 5 min without doing anything right. Richards looks like he can spell Awkuba, and Thomas I thought played well on the defensive end in the limited minutes he got.
    I agree about Gueye, in sprints he impresses me and then he completely looks overwhelmed.

That's pretty impressive on Richards' part. Awkuba is a pretty difficult name to spell!

Believe it or not the team is shooting 46% on the season (Granted Awkuba is carrying the team with a team leading 83.3% from the field), where we are horrendous is from 3 point land, where we are shooting a total of 23%.

And most of that is Mylik Wilson who is 1-7 and Gueye who is 0-4. As bad as Russell has looked he is actually 5-16 or 31% on the season, which is not as bad as I thought. I would have assumed he was around the 25 or lower %
    31% from Russell is not good enough for us to win many games this year.

13. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    That's pretty impressive on Richards' part. Awkuba is a pretty difficult name to spell!
    That is funny right there, I don't care who you are.

14. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

I agree, but my point was he is shooting better than I thought from 3. Which is not saying allot.

15. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 66, UNO 63

Isn't shooting 33% from 3pr the same as shooting 50% from 2pr?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information