Thread: Bowl Projections - Week 14

1. UL Football Bowl Projections - Week 14

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns are well on their way to a third-consecutive bowl game, including their 8th in the last 10 years; but which one?

Default Re: Bowl Projections - Week 14

The bowl projectors have really shown how uninformed they are. There is absolutely NO way the Cajuns play in New Orleans or Myrtle Beach. Those games are just days away from the SBC title game.

The three bowls in play for the Cajuns are the Cure, the Lending Tree and the Camellia.

ESPN has the first choice among Sun Belt teams. I think they will slot the Conference Champion in Orlando for the Cure Bowl.

New Orleans has the second pick. They can't have Louisiana or Coastal. Will they ask App to make a third straight trip or will they turn to someone else, like Georgia Southern or Georgia State.

ESPN has the third pick. I believe the Conference title game loser heads to Montgomery to play in the Camellia Bowl.

ESPN has the fourth pick. If App is still on the table, they head to Myrtle Beach. If not, I think Georgia Southern winds up there.

The Lending Tree has the fifth and final pick. They would LOVE a matchup between UAB and Troy. But Troy must win against South Alabama this week and then beat ULM. Both should happen. But if they don't, then Georgia State winds up in Mobile.

Those are my predictions.

Well considering the situation with Covid. We probably wouldn’t get to have many in attendance in Nola anyway and the games on a wed. Cure and camellia are on Christmas day(Friday) and noon Saturday. Much better slot for viewership. So here’s to hoping jay is correct. I’ll take Cajuns on Christmas Day.

Both games on espn.

Those dopes pushing UL in NOLA bowl should buy a calendarand how is a team like LSU getting into the bowl discussion with a loosing record?'

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Those dopes pushing UL in NOLA bowl should buy a calendarand how is a team like LSU getting into the bowl discussion with a loosing record?'
    Let's ignore for a second the days from the SBC Championship game to the NOLA Bowl, and LSU's record (how many teams will truly be bowl eligible?).

A matchup of the Cajuns and Tigers, in NOLA, would potentially have a HUGE positive affect on our program. Win that game, no matter how bad of a season LSU is having and no matter how many of their players opt out of the season and/or bowl, and that would be state-wide attention no money could buy for the Cajun football program.

And it should be viewed an upset should we win, a $30 million budget program going up against a $160 million budget one.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The bowl projectors have really shown how uninformed they are. There is absolutely NO way the Cajuns play in New Orleans or Myrtle Beach. Those games are just days away from the SBC title game.

The three bowls in play for the Cajuns are the Cure, the Lending Tree and the Camellia.

ESPN has the first choice among Sun Belt teams. I think they will slot the Conference Champion in Orlando for the Cure Bowl.

New Orleans has the second pick. They can't have Louisiana or Coastal. Will they ask App to make a third straight trip or will they turn to someone else, like Georgia Southern or Georgia State.

ESPN has the third pick. I believe the Conference title game loser heads to Montgomery to play in the Camellia Bowl.

ESPN has the fourth pick. If App is still on the table, they head to Myrtle Beach. If not, I think Georgia Southern winds up there.

The Lending Tree has the fifth and final pick. They would LOVE a matchup between UAB and Troy. But Troy must win against South Alabama this week and then beat ULM. Both should happen. But if they don't, then Georgia State winds up in Mobile.

Those are my predictions.
    So the Cajuns get the same bowl for a possible 10-1 season, as they would get for a 6-5?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    So the Cajuns get the same bowl for a possible 10-1 season, as they would get for a 6-5?
    I believe Jay has stated that for almost a decade now ever since the discussion of "the Cajuns need to go to a better bowl than the NOLA bowl". (I think we started those discussions in 2012??)

If the Cajuns don't have a season where they are the recipient of a NY6 Bowl invite, then the BEST bowl they can be invited to is the one slotted for the Sunbelt Conference winner. Because that means they won the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post

You sound surprised. The simple fact of the matter is that, with the exception of the championship games, bowl teams are not selected based on merit. These are the bowl games with which the SBC has affiliations.

9. Default Re: Bowl Projections - Week 14

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Let's ignore for a second the days from the SBC Championship game to the NOLA Bowl, and LSU's record (how many teams will truly be bowl eligible?).

A matchup of the Cajuns and Tigers, in NOLA, would potentially have a HUGE positive affect on our program. Win that game, no matter how bad of a season LSU is having and no matter how many of their players opt out of the season and/or bowl, and that would be state-wide attention no money could buy for the Cajun football program.

And it should be viewed an upset should we win, a $30 million budget program going up against a $160 million budget one.
    I don't give a SH!-!TE, I do not want to play a 3-6 LSU team no matter what. LSU ain't beating Alabama or Florida, they are going to finish 3-6, 4-6 at best, that is if they schedule a game on December 19 and the amazingly pull out a win. I don't see that happening. The only way I would want to play LSU is if we would finish 10-1 and they would be at worst 7-4, but considering they are 3-4 with Alabama and Florida on the schedule, go to hell LSU. Let's find the best opponent possible and go beat them. LSU ain't the best opponent possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I don't give a SH!-!TE, I do not want to play a 3-6 LSU team no matter what. LSU ain't beating Alabama or Florida, they are going to finish 3-6, 4-6 at best, that is if they schedule a game on December 19 and the amazingly pull out a win. I don't see that happening. The only way I would want to play LSU is if we would finish 10-1 and they would be at worst 7-4, but considering they are 3-4 with Alabama and Florida on the schedule, go to hell LSU. Let's find the best opponent possible and go beat them. LSU ain't the best opponent possible.
    The chances of LSU playing the Cajuns in a bowl game or about the same as me becoming a billionaire as well as so damn good looking. It ain't gonna happen. There is absolutely no upside for LSU to play Louisiana. If LSU wins, it is what was expected; if they lose, Tiger Stadium might go up in flames.

Seeing Tiger Stadium go up in flames would be fun.

If we are already in myrtle beach for conf title game against coastal carolina we wouldnt miss any of the bowl festivities

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Tiger Stadium might go up in flames.
    I mean.would any of us here try to help put it out??

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Seeing Tiger Stadium go up in flames would be fun.
    You mean the LSU LBGT community would take over tiger stadium???

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I mean.would any of us here try to help put it out??
    not even if I had to pee real bad.

Thread Information