Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

1. Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    It does seem counterintuitive to say we want to be written as LA yet called UL and have crowd using the UL hand sign.
    Not really, LA is and always has been the 2 letter abbreviation of Louisiana.

It just so happens there is a University involved, and there is a hands sign that works for UL.

In sports tickers and box scores the U is often not used. (ALA for Alabama)

2. Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The fact of the matter is that the general public, including its student body refer to us generally as ULL. It is very seldom that our university comes up in discussions where somebody in the discussion, for some reason, has to throw in a ULL. We have come a long, long, long way but still have a long, long, long way to go. However, the more people make the correction or address it in passing, the better we will be.
    I would like to see a breakdown of where the majority of Louisiana's students come from. Dr. Stephens used to release this stat every year in the early 1900's.

I suspect pre-enrollment influence, they do arrive uneducated after all. j/k

Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No one has ever claimed that orientation was very well oriented.

Also due in part to decades of being educated by the Advocate, but that has slowed down immensely since Kevin Foote starter there a little over a year ago.
    College students don't read the Advocate much less sports pages. I will expand that, ask any faculty member at what school they are teaching.

4. Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    College students don't read the Advocate much less sports pages. I will expand that, ask any faculty member at what school they are teaching.
    Many of the students lived with people who read the Advocate, no one comes up with ULL on their own cognizance.

Your exposing of the lack of orientation for faculty is something that needs to be addressed.

Hiring orientation might try directing new hires and OLD disinterested paycheck drawing hires to this page.
    https://louisiana.edu/about-us/media.iversitys-name

Inaccurate References
    Do not refer to the University as UL-Lafayette or ULL in any instance.
    Do not use the terms Lafayette or U of L, as they denote other institutions.

Many of the students lived with people who read the Advocate, no one comes up with ULL on their own cognizance.

Your exposing of the lack of orientation for faculty is something that needs to be addressed.

Hiring orientation might try directing new hires and OLD disinterested paycheck drawing hires to this page.
    University more concerned with social justice issues than our correct name.

Not really, LA is and always has been the 2 letter abbreviation of Louisiana.

It just so happens there is a University involved, and there is a hands sign that works for UL.

In sports tickers and box scores the U is often not used. (ALA for Alabama)
    you think his current batch of liberally indoctrinated students who now studies show are cheating while taking school online, will be able to name 50 state postal abbreviations?

they cant even name the branches of govt: https://theweek.com/speedreads/44597.hes-government

great point!
    and ask the media party mouthpieces which outlet they work for, seems a lot of double and triple dipping in both professions. yet no reduced capacity while they preach we need to shutdown,

in the inaccurate references disclaimer, did we leave a loophole by saying “as they denote other institutions”? i like the idea of telling the media, hey this isnt a favor for us its for them, but if those institutions were to change their preferred method of naming then these unapproved names could be back on the table for us

Not many people get a paper delivered to their homes any more so living in a house that reads the advocate doesn't mean anything. most people live with their heads in there phone or heads up their butts. They get the so called news over the internet.

As far as faculty goes, many refer to the school as ULL because that is what they know.

10. Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

. . .

As far as faculty goes, many refer to the school as ULL because that is what they know.
    Many of the general public refer to the school as ULL because that is what they know.

11. Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Many of the general public refer to the school as ULL because that is what they know.
    And the ONLY place in Louisiana that "publically" made it "known" was the Advocate.

.most people live with their heads in there phone or heads up their butts
    Not mutually exclusive!

13. Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    It does seem counterintuitive to say we want to be written as LA yet called UL and have crowd using the UL hand sign.
    LOUISIANA, UL and the hand salute of UL all form a common view. I’ve quit correcting people because that’s counterproductive. Instead I use LOUISIANA first, then inject a UL along with the UL salute to fellow UL fans I might run into.

See someone wearing a LOUISIANA apparel I’ll give salute and voice Geaux UL

14. Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    LOUISIANA, UL and the hand salute of UL all form a common view. I’ve quit correcting people because that’s counterproductive. Instead I use LOUISIANA first, then inject a UL along with the UL salute to fellow UL fans I might run into.

See someone wearing a LOUISIANA apparel I’ll give salute and voice Geaux UL
    You are on a roll.

15. Default Re: Who is responsible for promoting Louisiana?

You are on a roll.
    My Christmas �� moments. Trying to be less combative. I’ll tell you a story one day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information