Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread: Elijah Mitchell

Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Cutting against the grain in open field has nothing to do with who you are playing. It has to do with athletics.

It doesn’t matter at the end because it worked out. Mostly be SF defense is the best in the league and Dallas offense was inept under McCarthy and Prescott.
    So the 49ers have the best defense in the league? Interesting, so what happens when the Eagles beat the brakes off the 49ers this weekend? I hate to break it to you man genius. But you're really out of your league now. The Eagles are going to win this game by at least two scores. I won't bother your superior intelligence by boring you with the reasons why. I'm just stating for the record that all the San Fran love ends tragically this weekend.

2. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So the 49ers have the best defense in the league? Interesting, so what happens when the Eagles beat the brakes off the 49ers this weekend? I hate to break it to you man genius. But you're really out of your league now. The Eagles are going to win this game by at least two scores. I won't bother your superior intelligence by boring you with the reasons why. I'm just stating for the record that all the San Fran love ends tragically this weekend.
    SF has the best defense in the league, Philly has the 2nd best, the difference is that Philly's offense is better than SF's. I expect a very good game between the two and I am not going to predict a winner, but I think if they play 10 times Philly wins a majority of those games probably 6 or 7.

We shall see, this weekend should be fun.

3. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

I believe that Hurts is healthy and SF has a couple of three things working against them . . . health of McCaffery and Mitchel and more and more game film on Purdy . . . As good as Maholmes is and as much as I believe they will shoot him up with cortisone I don't see him being as effective as he normally is and the Bungles have had their number, so I see the Eagles and the Bungles in the Super Bowl . . .

4. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So your definition of open field is within one foot of OB with a defender trying to take you out at the knee caps? Another winning argument brought to you by Ragin Dave step brother of Super Dave who has done the absolutely impossible & lived to tell about it all.
    No I was speaking about the difference between college and NFL as I was asked about. Yes in open field it does not matter whether it is SLYSI, HS, College or NFL. Here is the point. Look at the photo as he crossed the first down marker he could have cut back and taken the tackle in the field, there was room to do so as you can see by the photo. I get it is was at real speed and hard to make that decision there, plus he felt he could score and was trying to. At the end of the day it worked out and it does not matter, not sure why you keep bringing it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No I was speaking about the difference between college and NFL as I was asked about. Yes in open field it does not matter whether it is SLYSI, HS, College or NFL. Here is the point. Look at the photo as he crossed the first down marker he could have cut back and taken the tackle in the field, there was room to do so as you can see by the photo. I get it is was at real speed and hard to make that decision there, plus he felt he could score and was trying to. At the end of the day it worked out and it does not matter, not sure why you keep bringing it up.
    Don't forget DaveBWK PLAYED THE GAME!

There is no line on the field, he is looking at defenders not sideline, he wouldnt know exact millisecond moment that he crossed that win line. the guy holding the chain marker also looks obscured

7. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Actually looking at the photo I posted if at that point, Eli would have just slid head first on the field of play their would have been nothing Dallas could have done. But clearly looking at the photo he had options.

#1--Keep running and hope you out run the defender (this is what he did)
    #2--Cut it back inside and take the hit, the problem with that is if you turn it over Dallas gets great field position.
    #3--Step out of bounds, worst option, would have saved even more time.
    #4--Just get down, once you give yourself up the defender has no real option. Now the defender could have laid you out or attempted to (since you are not a QB), but if he goes head first it would be a penalty and the game is even more over.

Eli chose to keep going and that was not a bad choice, just not the best of the options, had he scored on the play we would not be talking about this. The problem is the defender had a good angle and outran Eli to the sideline. I truly believe that Eli thought he was going to outrun the defender coming from the inside. And he had no reason to think he couldn't, looking at the angle it was going to be a footrace, unfortunately he lost that race.

8. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Actually looking at the photo I posted if at that point, Eli would have just slid head first on the field of play their would have been nothing Dallas could have done. But clearly looking at the photo he had options.

#1--Keep running and hope you out run the defender (this is what he did)
    #2--Cut it back inside and take the hit, the problem with that is if you turn it over Dallas gets great field position.
    #3--Step out of bounds, worst option, would have saved even more time.
    #4--Just get down, once you give yourself up the defender has no real option. Now the defender could have laid you out or attempted to (since you are not a QB), but if he goes head first it would be a penalty and the game is even more over.

Eli chose to keep going and that was not a bad choice, just not the best of the options, had he scored on the play we would not be talking about this. The problem is the defender had a good angle and outran Eli to the sideline. I truly believe that Eli thought he was going to outrun the defender coming from the inside. And he had no reason to think he couldn't, looking at the angle it was going to be a footrace, unfortunately he lost that race.
    Way too much ado about nothing. Regardless nobody can be in his mind, field of vision.

9. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Way too much ado about nothing. Regardless nobody can be in his mind, field of vision.
    I agree and that is what I said many times, but Kyle keeps bringing it up. I never said he made a bad decision based on what he saw, just that it could have changed the outcome. It ended up not so it is much ado about nothing now.

Had Dallas gotten the ball back and drove down the field for a TD we would be looking at this play a lot closer.

BWK is the smartest __ in the history or raginpagin! Don’t even waist your time having a conversation with this guy, because he is playing 4D chess while all of us are playing checkers. It’s really great having him around. It’s nice to know we can depend on someone constantly _____ing at us and putting us in our place.

I agree and that is what I said many times, but Kyle keeps bringing it up. I never said he made a bad decision based on what he saw, just that it could have changed the outcome. It ended up not so it is much ado about nothing now.

Had Dallas gotten the ball back and drove down the field for a TD we would be looking at this play a lot closer.
    Dallas did get the ball back! Luckily a punt return for TD didn’t happen or god forbid a Hail Mary! Just happy it didn’t bite Eli in the butt.

12. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Dallas did get the ball back! Luckily a punt return for TD didn’t happen or god forbid a Hail Mary! Just happy it didn’t bite Eli in the butt.
    I know they got the ball back, I meant had they gotten it back"AND Drove for a TD" was the part I was talking about.

13. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    BWK is the smartest __ in the history or raginpagin! Don’t even waist your time having a conversation with this guy, because he is playing 4D chess while all of us are playing checkers. It’s really great having him around. It’s nice to know we can depend on someone constantly _____ing at us and putting us in our place.
    There is a small contingent on this board that will tell you that he is one of the smartest people they have ever met. Well I can say that I did meet him finally and I hope he is not the smartest person I will ever meet.

I know they got the ball back, I meant had they gotten it back"AND Drove for a TD" was the part I was talking about.
    Got you…my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    So did Big Buds as he well reminded us.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread Information