Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB G1: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

UL Basketball MBB G1: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Well, we're finding out things can happen quickly in scheduling.

Cajun Men's Basketball departs this morning for Las Vegas. They will play preseason #2 Baylor Saturday at 7:00 pm.

I didn't find out about this until around 10 last night. We will not be traveling with the team but are trying to arrange a live remote broadcast from a video feed, much like the TV folks are doing with football. No guarantee that'll come together but...watch this space for more.

They are also scheduled to play Sunday at a time to be determined against a TBA opponent.

Default Re: Cajuns' Men's Basketball Takes a Big Bite TOMORROW (Saturday)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

Cajun Men's Basketball departs this morning for Las Vegas. They will play preseason #2 Baylor Saturday at 7:00 pm.

I didn't find out about this until around 10 last night. We will not be traveling with the team but are trying to arrange a live remote broadcast from a video feed, much like the TV folks are doing with football. No guarantee that'll come together but...watch this space for more.

They are also scheduled to play Sunday at a time to be determined against a TBA opponent.
    You can listen on 96.5 KPEL FM. Pregame at 6:30pm with Ian Auzenne.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns' Men's Basketball Takes a Big Bite TOMORROW (Saturday)

Awesome news! Who else is in the tourney besides UL and Baylor?

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatBaylor

Little different than playing Loyola of New Orleans as far as a challenge goes in opener. Hopefully a second game is played and there is some type of financial compensation for such a long trip. Would be a shame to go that far for only one game when athletic departments everywhere are hurting money wise. For those that have not looked at early scores, the SBC fared very well in opening games including Georgia State beating cross town rival and ACC member Georgia Tech. South Alabama beat CUSA member FAU. I think only loss in league was UTA falling to Ok State and that was a 5 point game.

Baylor is also playing Washington. Our opponent should be known later today (I hope)

At any rate...broadcast on KPEL-FM (96.5) with Ian Auzenne. Broadcast pregame begins at 6:30.

Baylor is also playing Washington. Our opponent should be known later today (I hope)

At any rate...broadcast on KPEL-FM (96.5) with Ian Auzenne. Broadcast pregame begins at 6:30.
    Good news. Is it 6:30 Central Time or Pacific?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Good news. Is it 6:30 Central Time or Pacific?
    6:30 pm Central

A splash page is set up with all of the information ...

https://ragincajuns.com/gameday/men-...r/mbball/1101/
    Last edited by MattyCajun123; November 27th, 2020 at 11:49 am. Reason: Splash Page info added

6:30 Central is likely radio broadcast time. Las Vegas event can be seen online via a service called FloHoops. I recall that being a pay site but one easy to cancel after you have seen the only games you desire to watch

So I see Baylor is scheduled to play Washington Sunday at 3. So is Sunday opponent/game time dependent on a W/L Saturday or something else?

10. Default Re: Cajuns' Men's Basketball Takes a Big Bite TOMORROW (Saturday)

Suppose Marlin pulls a Billy and beats Baylor? Then the opponent becomes different I’d think?

Could this turn into basketball's Iowa State game? Would be nice.

cal st northridge, seattle, washington, air force are the additional teams listed.

Well ...

I have a Vegas layover tomorrow night. Get in at 3:45 p.m. T-Mobile is an easy uber from my hotel, so in any other year, I could easily see most of the game in person.

AARGH! I thought this whole covid thing was supposed to be over after the election!?!

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Well ...

I have a Vegas layover tomorrow night. Get in at 3:45 p.m. T-Mobile is an easy uber from my hotel, so in any other year, I could easily see most of the game in person.

AARGH! I thought this whole covid thing was supposed to be over after the election!?!
    That stinks! Put a cardboard cutout on your face and be very still!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Well ...

thats because the election isnt over

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information