Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: MBB G1: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Actually they were pretty bad last year. Losing record in Pac 12 by a lot. So maybe they’re a limp dk as well

https://gohuskies.com/sports/mens-ba...hedule/2019-20
    Washington did struggle last season. However, they did win at perennial power Arizona late in the season. I looked at the box score of today's game and in some aspects, the Bears were even more impressive today. They out rebounded the Huskies 50 to 29. Huskies shot below 35 percent. Cajuns did a little better in those regards. Neither Washington nor UL will be a national factor this year but that does not mean Baylor is not a top tier team. They play Gonzaga this coming weekend. That will be a better test for the Bears.

2. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Cherry picking games for Washington. We absolutely don’t understand the circumstances of the Arizona game. They were 5/13 that’s not good. I’m not saying Baylor isn’t outstanding. We’re just not ready for prime time yet another time.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Not surprising performance as Marlin as never even competed against competent teams his entire career. Our program should be at a point where we are not losing by 30+ to any team. Tune up against Loyola doesn’t do anything. It’s a talent issue. He made his bed by bringing in a ton of injured transfers and relying on 3 injury prone guys (Julien, Cadwell, Wesley). It’s not a recipe for success but he did to try and save his job. Just didn’t think it would backfire before the season even started
    I'm not arguing much of that. I think our program is capped as long as Marlin is our coach and there is really nobody out there that will change my mind on that. However, we were playing literally one of the best teams in the country in a cold matchup. You can say whatever you want but not playing two games, no matter who they are against, to work out some of your kinks and get some confidence is a big deal. It's true that Marlin has not done well against ranked opponents or even P5 opponents for that matter and I didn't feel that anything was changing this year. The fact is that we are never going to build a program with the turnover we have yearly. You can't build chemistry and leadership in a team where half or more of the team may not be there the next year and it happens every year.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    So we really went all the way to Vegas for only one game to get our asses handed to us? Why didn't we play another one today?
    Apparently, we need 3 days off before playing UNO and they refused to move the game back 1 day. If true, that makes zero sense to me. Play another game while you're there to get more experience against better teams, especially if the tournament is picking up the room and board.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Apparently, we need 3 days off before playing UNO and they refused to move the game back 1 day. If true, that makes zero sense to me. Play another game while you're there to get more experience against better teams, especially if the tournament is picking up the room and board.
    Exactly. Why can't you play on Sunday and Wednesday?

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm not arguing much of that. I think our program is capped as long as Marlin is our coach and there is really nobody out there that will change my mind on that. However, we were playing literally one of the best teams in the country in a cold matchup. You can say whatever you want but not playing two games, no matter who they are against, to work out some of your kinks and get some confidence is a big deal. It's true that Marlin has not done well against ranked opponents or even P5 opponents for that matter and I didn't feel that anything was changing this year. The fact is that we are never going to build a program with the turnover we have yearly. You can't build chemistry and leadership in a team where half or more of the team may not be there the next year and it happens every year.
    I agree we have to stop having so much yearly turnover to make progress. However last year’s turnover may still work out. Consider for much of Saturday’s game our two best players were newcomers Awkuba and Au. Richards and Butts also had their moments but granted they were not frequent enough. Appears our talent did improve with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Exactly. Why can't you play on Sunday and Wednesday?
    In press conference today, Coach Marlin said that we could have played Washington today. We declined since UNO would not move to Thursday. I guess they figured they would have no time to prepare for UNO as tomorrow would have been travel day back from Vegas. I guess no other team wanted to wait until today to play as welL. He also said Jacobi Gordon and Michael Thomas did not play because of foot injuries.

8. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

So we could have played the outstanding Huskies and ignored the awful Privateers. I’m recalling how some were in awe of Baylor smashing that formidable PAC 12 opponent. We could have two great P5 games in one trip. Shame to miss out on that opportunity.

9. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

So we could have played the outstanding Huskies and ignored the awful Privateers. I’m recalling how some were in awe of Baylor smashing that formidable PAC 12 opponent. We could have two great P5 games in one trip. Shame to miss out on that opportunity.
    Puzzling, unless its a contract thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Puzzling, unless its a contract thing.
    I’m sure it is as we have a home and home so it probably would have cost us another home game in 2 weeks after already losing 2. Plus pulling out of a game with 3 days notice would have been a pretty rotten thing to do to an in state school that makes a lot of sense to have on the non conference schedule annually.

I don't think we could have gotten out of the UNO game due to contractual reasons. They don't want to play us as is and state education board members have gotten involved in the past to encourage them to do so. We forego the game Wednesday and they may try to get out of the game in Lafayette. Granted, playing Washington would have been a good test and it is unfortunate we were not able to work that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    In press conference today, Coach Marlin said that we could have played Washington today. We declined since UNO would not move to Thursday. I guess they figured they would have no time to prepare for UNO as tomorrow would have been travel day back from Vegas. I guess no other team wanted to wait until today to play as welL. He also said Jacobi Gordon and Michael Thomas did not play because of foot injuries.
    They need all the time they can get to prepare for UNO. UNO will probably beat us, they have some talent.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information