Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MBB G1: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not a big thing, but most have Baylor 2 and I believe Gonzaga 1.
    A credible effort would have been low double digit loss maybe 10-12.Thirty points is an a ss whipping.
    Well football could have donated 31 points to the basketball team and still won by 19...

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    It’s about what I thought we would be. There is absolutely no shooting on this team. Marlin just recruits these wing guys that do NOTHING. Like I though, Jacobi gordon is a non factor and not getting any minutes but Marlin calls him the best shooter on the team. Gueye is still out here in year 2 plying ME ball. He takes so many bad shots. We are in for a long long long year
    Gordon got hurt this week. Didn't make the trip

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well football could have donated 31 points to the basketball team and still won by 19...
    Then you would have Levi carrying two sports. Some on the boards would not survive.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    I certainly didn't expect us to compete with the #1 team in the country, but we really went all the way to Vegas like a lamb to slaughter and come home the next day? Whose bright idea was this?

Surely, I'm missing an important part of the story.
    We had already lost 2 games due to the virus and Baylor actually got put into this thing last minute as they were supposed to play in another tournament before their coach tested positive for Wuhan. We went to this thing with the hopes of being able to play another game from what I understand. Not sure why we aren't but we just needed to get on the court. No better learning environment than playing a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    To the team's defense, there's a lot of new guys on the squad. And we are playing the #1 team in the country.

I do think the team will string some wins moving forward, so I kind of expected this. On the other hand, I expect this team to compete in the conference. We have the talent to do so plus the Sun Belt is nowhere near it was ten years ago. Georgia Southern and App State are not Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee. Also, from the fan base's perspective, we do not have a choice. The patience is almost not there anymore.

We shall see.
    Yeah, its a tough spot for sure. Lost two previous games that would have served as tune ups at least and gotten us on the court in game environment. Not a great situation to throw a new team into.

6. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Always reacting. Bob always has a reasonable excuse, except it’s almost every year. At some point responsibility means being released

No surprise here, he’s been hurt his entire career since Junior year of high school

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yeah, its a tough spot for sure. Lost two previous games that would have served as tune ups at least and gotten us on the court in game environment. Not a great situation to throw a new team into.
    Not surprising performance as Marlin as never even competed against competent teams his entire career. Our program should be at a point where we are not losing by 30+ to any team. Tune up against Loyola doesn’t do anything. It’s a talent issue. He made his bed by bringing in a ton of injured transfers and relying on 3 injury prone guys (Julien, Cadwell, Wesley). It’s not a recipe for success but he did to try and save his job. Just didn’t think it would backfire before the season even started

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Did we at least get paid good?
    I was told by someone at the football game yesterday that there was no payment involved but all expenses were picked up by the tournament, including travel, lodging, food, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I was told by someone at the football game yesterday that there was no payment involved but all expenses were picked up by the tournament, including travel, lodging, food, etc.
    That's a win

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

So we really went all the way to Vegas for only one game to get our asses handed to us? Why didn't we play another one today?

12. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Maybe Baylor is REALLY good after clocking Washington by 34 today ...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401265778

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    So we really went all the way to Vegas for only one game to get our asses handed to us? Why didn't we play another one today?
    We tried to get UNO to move Wednesday game to Thursday. They refused. That is why we decided to play only one game in Vegas.

14. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCajun123 View Post

Actually they were pretty bad last year. Losing record in Pac 12 by a lot. So maybe they’re a limp dk as well

https://gohuskies.com/sports/mens-ba...hedule/2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCajun123 View Post

Baylor is really good was my impression after watching the game last night. Still I was disappointed in some aspects of our play. We turned the ball over too much, gave up too many offensive rebounds, and did not get enough contributions from the bench. Being short handed led to the game getting out of hand in the 2nd half as fatigue was likely a factor. Still positives were the strong performance of Awkuba and Au in their Cajun debuts as well as shooting a good overall percentage. The Cajuns did run some good plays early in the game for good looks. Defensively, the problem occurred with Baylor hitting so many threes. At one point they were 14 of 21 from deep. That caused the Cajuns to pressure the perimeter which the Bears took advantage of by driving to the basket. Awkuba would have to challenge the shot in those situations leaving someone else on the Bears to gather the offensive rebound. Bears also did a good job of stopping to hit mid range shots on some of those situations. There is not one aspect of Baylor's game I was not impressed with. Overall, despite some positives, it was still a disappointing performance overall. Still, better to have played this game then not as you cannot improve simply in practice and by playing out manned opponents. UNO game is likely to be another tough contest as all the games in New Orleans are. They lost by 25 at BYU in their opener. Today they were scheduled to play Texas A&M.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information