Thread: MBB G1: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Louisiana 82
        Baylor 112

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Glaring stat
    bench points: LA - 4 -- Baylor - 45

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Id be surprised if Wesley ever played another meaningful minute in his career

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Akwuba is shooting 100% from the field!
    He needs to shoot more!
    If there was a bright spot tonight it certainly was Akwuba. At Portland he was nothing but a rebounder and shot blocker. His scoring high was 13 and he only cracked double digits in scoring 3 times in 52 games. Of course he won't be 9-9 from the field every game but 22 points is impressive.

UTA, Little Rock, and Georgia State are all very good. UTA is really really good.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Bright spot:

The basketball team only lost by 30 to the best team in the nation after the football team won by 50 vs the worse team in the nation.

Logical conclusion: Louisiana football is the best team in the nation and basketball isn't the worst.

I'm going to bed.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Football team would have scored more points than the basketball team if they had not put in their subs!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    To the team's defense, there's a lot of new guys on the squad. And we are playing the #1 team in the country.

I do think the team will string some wins moving forward, so I kind of expected this. On the other hand, I expect this team to compete in the conference. We have the talent to do so plus the Sun Belt is nowhere near it was ten years ago. Georgia Southern and App State are not Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee. Also, from the fan base's perspective, we do not have a choice. The patience is almost not there anymore.

We shall see.
    This is the same excuse used last year, and the year before, and the year before, and.....

Tired of the excuses, especially when it is the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    This is the same excuse used last year, and the year before, and the year before, and.....

I mean with the new guys that we have, did you really expect to compete with the #1 team in the country? Because I sure didn't. And people who know my posts have known that I have been critical of this team in the past.

Now, if we play like this against UTSA or South Alabama; well that's a completely different story.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

The major excuse for last year and the year before was injuries, and it was a legitimate excuse in my eyes. The most disappointing thing about tonight was only 7 scholarship players played. At some point injuries can’t be used as an excuse anymore. I’m curious to know why Thomas and Spenkuch didn’t play tonight. I don’t even know if they were on the bench as I didn’t spend the money on flosports to watch since no game for tomorrow was ever announced and I’m glad I didn’t now that we know there won’t be one.

11. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Every year some of y’all buy into Big Fish propaganda. Every year those same people are in shock. It’s truly amazing. This will be yet another year the Big Fish has conned hundreds of thousands of dollars from UL. He’s really good at that.

12. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 82, Baylor 112

Two things are for sure, and a take away.

1) Louisiana never got to practice for #1 Baylor, not that it would have made much of a difference.

2) #1 Baylor never got to practice for UL, not that they needed to.

Takeaway: Marlin doesn't rotate players enough. Seven played?

His refusal to get his players experience, kind of diminishes any injury excuses from the past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    The major excuse for last year and the year before was injuries, and it was a legitimate excuse in my eyes. The most disappointing thing about tonight was only 7 scholarship players played. At some point injuries can’t be used as an excuse anymore. I’m curious to know why Thomas and Spenkuch didn’t play tonight. I don’t even know if they were on the bench as I didn’t spend the money on flosports to watch since no game for tomorrow was ever announced and I’m glad I didn’t now that we know there won’t be one.
    I certainly didn't expect us to compete with the #1 team in the country, but we really went all the way to Vegas like a lamb to slaughter and come home the next day? Whose bright idea was this?

Surely, I'm missing an important part of the story.

Did we at least get paid good?

15. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    I certainly didn't expect us to compete with the #1 team in the country, but we really went all the way to Vegas like a lamb to slaughter and come home the next day? Whose bright idea was this?

Surely, I'm missing an important part of the story.
    Not a big thing, but most have Baylor 2 and I believe Gonzaga 1.
    A credible effort would have been low double digit loss maybe 10-12.Thirty points is an a ss whipping.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information