Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Louisiana vs ULM:

1. UL Football Kick Time for Louisiana at ULM

Louisiana Football's game at in-state rival ULM on Saturday, Nov. 28, will kick off at 2 p.m. (CST) on ESPN3, the league office and ESPN announced on Monday.

Default Re: Kick Time for No. 24 Louisiana’s Game at ULM Announced

Not bad for those who don’t want to spend too much time in Moanrow.

Default Re: Kick Time for No. 24 Louisiana’s Game at ULM Announced

Glad I got ESPN+. Casting to TV was fine. May keep it for away bball.

UL Football ULM hate week

Its time to turn our attention our next game, put the covid scare behind us and watch the Cajuns let out pent up energy and anger on the ULM whatever their name is now. We open a solid 14 point favorite and I expect a big win even though we haven't been very good against the spreads and Vegas has been way off on the over unders this year.

I just wish this was a home game so that I could be in the stadium to watch a monumental beat down.

Default Re: ULM hate week

So dissappointed, I had missed a few weeks of giving the Ragin' Dave opponents breakdown, just because of so much going on. But I had a breakdown of UCA done and was about to post it when they cancelled the game. I will be working on the ULM one and posting it this week. I know ULM is 0-8, but this team does have a few weapons and I will be breaking them down on Wednesday or Thursday, once I am sure that the game is going to happen.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So dissappointed, I had missed a few weeks of giving the Ragin' Dave opponents breakdown, just because of so much going on. But I had a breakdown of UCA done and was about to post it when they cancelled the game. I will be working on the ULM one and posting it this week. I know ULM is 0-8, but this team does have a few weapons and I will be breaking them down on Wednesday or Thursday, once I am sure that the game is going to happen.

Thanks.
    When will we know for sure that the game is on?

"Hate week" is a fabrication by the SBC with "forced" rivalries for marketing purposes from a few years back. ULM bought into it, as did the News Star's beat writer then.

They are our next opponent, no more, no less. That said, a beatdown to the epic level of Texas Southern or Nicholls a few years back should be the goal. They are the next opponent. One that has lead ESPN's Bottom 10 most of the season. Go up there and take care of business and come back home. However, a good cigar would pis s them off.

ULM does have a home field advantage, well, kind of. The Covid restrictions have kept their crowds on par to their pre Covid size.

I have zero problem if the the game is canceled. There is zero this game helps our season other than a win over the perceived worst team in FBS. In all fairness to ULM, the MAC hasn't hit full stride yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    "Hate week" is a fabrication by the SBC with "forced" rivalries for marketing purposes from a few years back. ULM bought into it, as did the News Star's beat writer then.

They are our next opponent, no more, no less. That said, a beatdown to the epic level of Texas Southern or Nicholls a few years back should be the goal. They are the next opponent. One that has lead ESPN's Bottom 10 most of the season. Go up there and take care of business and come back home. However, a good cigar would pis s them off.

ULM does have a home field advantage, well, kind of. The Covid restrictions have kept their crowds on par to their pre Covid size.

I have zero problem if the the game is canceled. There is zero this game helps our season other than a win over the perceived worst team in FBS. In all fairness to ULM, the MAC hasn't hit full stride yet.
    I'd rather not play them...give us more time to heal and work on App game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I agree. On a personal level I'd love to have a game to watch this weekend...and 2pm is an awesome start time for me....but as a whole it would prob be better for us if it gets cancelled. And I feel pretty confident it will get cancelled.

In any event, GEAUX CAJUNS!

Let's just cut and paste the "rivalry" threads from years prior

ULM isn't a rival. They are just close to us. While I don't like losing to them, I get much more fired up for matchups against stAte in football and maybe LATUR in basketball. TXST /SOAL in Softball. South Al in Baseball. I genuinely dislike the school in Rustonia.

I don't dislike ULM anymore and you can try to create artificial hatred, but it feels forced.

If the game is not played Saturday, it will be played on Dec. 12. I would rather play Saturday to give us 2 weeks to prepare for Coastal on December 19. I do not expect a beatdown. We defeated ULM the last 2 years only because of missed field goals. Also, who knows how many Cajuns will be available. Coach Napier was on with Scott Prather this morning from his isolation spot. He is feeling much better by the way. He also seemed quite confident the game will occur on Saturday. However, he could not say which players will be available on Saturday. Normal answer was given that wait until Wednesday to see the depth chart as far as which players will be available. He should be able to coach in the game by the way. Assuming a negative test, he will complete the Covid protocols by Saturday and should be released back into society on that day. However the team is traveling to Monroe on Friday. That is why he will travel to Monroe on Saturday as he will still be in protocol on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If the game is not played Saturday, it will be played on Dec. 12. I would rather play Saturday to give us 2 weeks to prepare for Coastal on December 19. I do not expect a beatdown. We defeated ULM the last 2 years only because of missed field goals. Also, who knows how many Cajuns will be available. Coach Napier was on with Scott Prather this morning from his isolation spot. He is feeling much better by the way. He also seemed quite confident the game will occur on Saturday. However, he could not say which players will be available on Saturday. Normal answer was given that wait until Wednesday to see the depth chart as far as which players will be available. He should be able to coach in the game by the way. Assuming a negative test, he will complete the Covid protocols by Saturday and should be released back into society on that day. However the team is traveling to Monroe on Friday. That is why he will travel to Monroe on Saturday as he will still be in protocol on Friday.
    Yep....I beleive that we will get a solid W if we play (it won't be a last minute FG this time) but I don't see a beatdown. Of course, it'd be great if to get some of the others players a chance to play, especially Chandler Fields. This would also allow the starters more time to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    You don't want to go three weeks without playing. If you recall, that was the reason we tried to move the game up with Coastal prior to the hurricane. We played the following Wednesday after 2 1/2 weeks off. You saw what happened. We need to play this game.

14. Default Re: ULM hate week

Agreed with one comment. Losing to the Hoax is possible because it’s won on the field. Still beating the Hoax isn’t a big achievement, but losing almost always exposes your shortcomings. That’s why I refer to the game as the canary in the coal mine game. A loss certainly is concerning.

15. Default Re: ULM hate week

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    When will we know for sure that the game is on?
    Wednesday afternoon for sure.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information