Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Muschamp FIRED ... Napier contacted

Default Re: Muschamp FIRED ... Napier contacted

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Different eras different rules of engagement. So no Fla State of 1970 couldn’t flourish in the current environment. Why ask the question. It’s like asking could our sun create the circumstances it did if now it was caught up in the event horizon of a black hole.
    The point was bowden didnt leave. So it got built. Im not sure it cant still be done other than the fact that they wont allow the coach to not leave. And if by some miracle they do stay they will bring them down anyway

Here's what I think, based on conversations with folks in SC and some conversations I had last year with Billy.

Money is not a determining factor. If it were, he'd be in Mississippi.
    The SEC East is more desirable than the SEC West when it comes to the ability to compete. South Carolina can easily be the #3 team in the East, and has jumped ahead of Florida and Georgia before (Spurrier).
    South Carolina has great facilities and and an incredibly passionate fan base.

South Carolina supporters don't want any part of a coach from Coastal. Coastal used to be a part of the USC system (hence the rooster offshoot mascot) but broke away and bad feelings run deep.

I don't think they'll offer Hugh Freeze. I think those two interviews happen out of courtesy and for PR.

I believe Billy is their first choice, but don't count out Tony Elliott or Shane Beamer. Beamer has a lot of support.

Billy's family loves Lafayette. It's going to have to be the right fit for him to leave.

3. People Bowden Endorses Napier

When Tommy Bowden was the head coach at Clemson from 1999 to 2008, he had two coaches on his staff who he thought would leave for better opportunities before long.

One was receivers coach Dabo Swinney. The other was tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator Billy Napier.

It’s a shame that COVID and it’s impact on this season’s attendance occurred when it did and more people didn’t see this team and coach in action. It sounds like we need to enjoy Coach Napier’s work while we can. I was hoping for a solid 5 years.

Imagine that a school choosing to break out of their university system while we cant kick any out of ours

Well, after reading this article
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...247421165.html
    I don't feel too comfortable.
    Looks like it is between Beamer and Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Yep. It’s going to be real tough for him to turn this one down if offered. And I have a feeling he’ll be offered.

Napier might be the next LSU coach, Iol.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    It seems as though Beamer is as much as a front runner as Napier. Let's hope we can get one more year out of Napier. When will we know? I think in at least 2 more weeks.

11. Default Re: Muschamp FIRED ... Napier contacted

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It seems as though Beamer is as much as a front runner as Napier. Let's hope we can get one more year out of Napier. When will we know? I think in at least 2 more weeks.
    If Napier doesn’t get the USC gig I think he’d be much more open to other lesser P5 than before.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If Napier doesn’t get the USC gig I think he’d be much more open to other lesser P5 than before.
    or if we keep him, lets sell out every home game next year, increase the donor $$$$$ by triple the money for RCAF, offer him 2-3 million a year to stay. Will make us a NY6 bowl contender and top 25 team every year. The new State school for football will be "Louisiana"

Then we get that invite to the BIG 12.

IKIK - Pipe dream!

Good news:
    19 Auburn loses
    21 Texas loses
    23 UNC loses
    ISU wins and virtually guarantees spot in Big XII championship.
    ESPNhas UL at # 17 in their current power rankings.
    I predict #24 in CFP

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    or if we keep him, lets sell out every home game next year, increase the donor $$$$$ by triple the money for RCAF, offer him 2-3 million a year to stay. Will make us a NY6 bowl contender and top 25 team every year. The new State school for football will be "Louisiana"

Then we get that invite to the BIG 12.

IKIK - Pipe dream!
    Hey. Being ranked seemed like a pipe dream not that long ago. Keep dreaming!
    Don’t stop believing! I knew an 80’s song fit in somewhere.

LSU A&M BR power boosters would never let them hire a coach from another Louisiana school

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information