Louisiana quick glance at individual yards

Top QB

2 of the top 10 RB

Default Re: 2020 Sun Belt Conference Football Individual Statistics

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana quick glance at individual yards

Top QB

2 of the top 10 RB
    Very misleading, on QB, several teams play more than one. UL is 6th on passing yards, just in the Sun Belt. That's out of 10. We play one QB, so he has all the yards.

Default Re: 2020 Sun Belt Conference Football Leaders

This is more revealing of how poor our passing attack is as a team, than on the person doing the passing.

If nothing else, looking at stats tells me, as a team, we better improve in a lot of areas, or we are not going to be able to win this conference. Of course, that's just looking at stats. Reality on the field may not reflect stats.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Very misleading, on QB, several teams play more than one. UL is 6th on passing yards, just in the Sun Belt. That's out of 10. We play one QB, so he has all the yards.
    So, we're also 6th in the league in passing attempts. We're also 4th in total offense even though our rushing game has taken a step back this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So, we're also 6th in the league in passing attempts. We're also 4th in total offense even though our rushing game has taken a step back this year.
    Yes, we seem to be balanced offensively.

8. Default Re: 2020 Sun Belt Conference Football Individual Statistics

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Swapping quarterbacks is a strain on the O-Line but it also keeps defenses off balance.

If those teams were starting just one QB, defenses would adjust.

Very hard to institute 2 defensive game plans on a college player.

All the injuries in our veteran wide receivers made the passing game less efficient as we had to rely on FRESHMAN receivers. If you don't think that this hurt the passing game I am not sure what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    All the injuries in our veteran wide receivers made the passing game less efficient as we had to rely on FRESHMAN receivers. If you don't think that this hurt the passing game I am not sure what to tell you.
    Guy who does our color on the radio broadcasts believes this is a huge factor in the offense not being as efficient as a year ago. He is not down on them, they just need more experience to reach the level of last year's corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bump
    Hate to say but when it comes to an all-conference team we won’t have many on it. Those individual honors may not come but I want the TEAM to walk off that teal field with the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Hate to say but when it comes to an all-conference team we won’t have many on it. Those individual honors may not come but I want the TEAM to walk off that teal field with the trophy.
    We are absolutely going to have guys on it. At least one of our running backs, an OL or two, LL will probably be a 2nd team selection and a number of our defensive guys, especially in the secondary.

We are absolutely going to have guys on it. At least one of our running backs, an OL or two, LL will probably be a 2nd team selection and a number of our defensive guys, especially in the secondary.
    Agree on LL being 2nd team behind McCall. I’m sure someone on the oline will make 1st team

I agree we’ll have guys on it but not representative of how good we are.

15. Default Re: 2020 Sun Belt Conference Football Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    True, and they are gaining valuable experience for next year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information